Thank you DZO (Martin) for all your hard work

Search This thread

dzo

Senior Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2008
Auckland
Wow, I'm amazed, I woke up this morning to a dozen donations and all these fantastic messages. Thank you all so much, without the people on here I would have given up long ago.

It's true I've spent a lot of time working on this project, but it's been well worth it. As part of my job I teach operating systems and now I feel I can stand up and tell people I do know how a real OS works instead of just having read the books!

As for my next phone, I have bought a Desire (simply because I got it fairly cheaply) It's a nice device but I don't think I'm going to do any development work on it because it already works fine.

I'll keep working on my Vogue at least until the new kernel is stable. I really want to find out why Froyo seems to just crash and not recover sometimes.

Again, thanks to everybody who's worked on this, without people finding bugs, testing unstable kernels, asking for new features, and fixing the things I don't use we wouldn't have got anywhere.

Reactions: mrkite38

anjeti

Dec 30, 2008
Thanks, dzo, u d man, great new zelander, zorro..Confirmation number: 25X24153XD196613W

anjeti

agentfusion

Jun 27, 2009
Baltimore
wr3tch.com
OnePlus 9
Wow, I'm amazed, I woke up this morning to a dozen donations and all these fantastic messages. Thank you all so much, without the people on here I would have given up long ago.

It's true I've spent a lot of time working on this project, but it's been well worth it. As part of my job I teach operating systems and now I feel I can stand up and tell people I do know how a real OS works instead of just having read the books!

As for my next phone, I have bought a Desire (simply because I got it fairly cheaply) It's a nice device but I don't think I'm going to do any development work on it because it already works fine.

I'll keep working on my Vogue at least until the new kernel is stable. I really want to find out why Froyo seems to just crash and not recover sometimes.

Again, thanks to everybody who's worked on this, without people finding bugs, testing unstable kernels, asking for new features, and fixing the things I don't use we wouldn't have got anywhere.

Though I don't have any money for about a month (laid off from at&t so I'm living off of unemployment benefits) I will be donating $20 or more if I can afford it. Because of your vogue work, it trickled down to the Kaiser, which got me involved in Android. Now I'm working on my own Rom for the Dream, compiling android and the kernel from source and I just turned my OpenMoko Freerunner Neo into a media remote for all my linux boxen. It's because of your work that I gave android a chance and realized that it was everything I needed in a phone OS to seamlessly integrate with my home network and provide a great wireless environment. Eventually I'll be upgrading my TV to have a vga or hdmi input so I can attach a media centre PC to it and control that with my Dream and Freerunner, and again.. it's all thanks to your work.

So, thanks dzo!

mt1976

Feb 26, 2010
Thank you so much for all your great work on this project.

Since I had installed android 1.6 a few month ago on my old and first Kaiser I bought a second one (used) for tests :)
And today I am really happy with froyo on my Kaiser.

My small symbolic donation: 9EM44210CC761561A

Best regards from Germany

Last edited:

jstrom23

Aug 22, 2009
Maryland
Much thanks and appreciation!!! You have been so gracious and generous and have brought hours and hours of joy to so many through the sharing of your gifts and passion. It's a real testament to what an open development community can become. I have always been amazed by the collaborative and positive spirit on the Vogue Android forum. Thank you for that as well.

It feels like an era is coming to an end. Congrats on the Desire...I hope you enjoy the new phone, and don't rule out future development.

conf # 0NG74752EL591562E

(And as a further sign of Martin's humility, it took me a while to actually find his Donate link.)

l1q1d

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 19, 2008
Venice
www.tech-team.it
You are the man! I appreciate a lot all your work!

conf: 98K18964RM5841132

but after all these donations will you offer us a great and tasty froyo?
Froyo.jpg
Slurp.gif

Last edited:

dsmturbo

Oct 7, 2008
Calgary, AB Canada
I have only been following Android development on Vogue for a short time, playing with quite a few builds. I must say, I am very impressed by the fact that this Old Device is so capable of running the latest and greatest OS'es, due to all the research, dedication and hard work by everyone, especially Dzo.

My Hat is off to you all. it is much appreciated. I was planning on upgrading my phone, but now, not so sure.

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
i said it once and i will say it again Dzo your an animal and thank you for all you hard work, i cant believe it's been 2-3 years since you and the other devs embarked on this project, and its amazing i still like showing off my vogue more than i do my hero because its quite an accomplishment

this has been a banner year for Vogue android, but all good things must come to an end i suppose, thanks everyone esp martin

detlef25

Jul 7, 2010
Martin, thank you for your hard work. Confirmation number 4HP05023RA915564N.

Hope you have had as much fun hacking the kernel as we had using it :)

Does_It_Matter

Dec 25, 2009
Thank you DZO!

3 Year old phones still competing with the newer models - gotta love technology!

Confirmation number: 01G98736HV7754735

gedster314

Sep 7, 2007
Oxnard, Ca
I have used and enjoyed Android on the Vogue and even though I'm no longer on the Vogue, I do have to admire what he accomplished.:eek:

$10 donation made.
confirmation #:
3U539526SH0349930

ii Candor ii

Apr 19, 2008
I've been using a CDMA Vogue for a few months now to get me by until I can get a Desire. Thanks so much for giving me this option! Your work is appreciated and does not go un-noticed.

Have you considered doing Android apps development now that you have a Desire?

Confirmation: 7PE69170SC734425J

piperthedj

Sep 1, 2009
Illinois
OnePlus 7 Pro
Master DZO
Qul tuQuv!'- (stated "Glory to you and your house")
many apologies i can not donate to the cause or your time- i would like to extend my eternal gratitude for giving me an oportunity to learn and appreciate some of the finer aspects of the touch6900 (or Vogue)
it has been a joyous ride.
not only have i removed yet another device from M$ control, but i have learned a great deal.
Respect

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For anyone who doesn't know. DZO is the reason we have android on the vogue period.. End of sentance.

Yeah there's been others of us who have ported builds and so on, but the simple truth of the matter is it wouldn't have happened without Martin.
    He's an amazingly generous person who's helped all of us extend our vogues way longer than we ever would have. He's poured countless hours of developing and debugging into this project, because of him we had a functional froyo build before most other phones were even thinking about getting official builds.
    For those of you who don't know DZO will be moving on from vogue developement soon as his provider is discontinuing the baseband that the vogue used.

I propose we all show Martin our thanks and appreciation for everything he's done for us.

I've just donated 4.55USD. (confirmation 44522221AF351025K) I know its not much, but it's all I have in my paypal and can afford right now. I propose we all give just a little, show our appreciation and send Martin off the way he deserves! Post here whatever you donate, even if it's just a dollar, its about showing our appreciation.

Thanks again Martin! You are what every project needs!
    And if NZ has milestones, I hope you get one :) I'd love to continue to work with you.
    For anyone who doesn't know. DZO is the reason we have android on the vogue period.. End of sentance.

Yeah there's been others of us who have ported builds and so on, but the simple truth of the matter is it wouldn't have happened without Martin.
    He's an amazingly generous person who's helped all of us extend our vogues way longer than we ever would have. He's poured countless hours of developing and debugging into this project, because of him we had a functional froyo build before most other phones were even thinking about getting official builds.
    For those of you who don't know DZO will be moving on from vogue developement soon as his provider is discontinuing the baseband that the vogue used.

I propose we all show Martin our thanks and appreciation for everything he's done for us.

I've just donated 4.55USD. (confirmation 44522221AF351025K) I know its not much, but it's all I have in my paypal and can afford right now. I propose we all give just a little, show our appreciation and send Martin off the way he deserves! Post here whatever you donate, even if it's just a dollar, its about showing our appreciation.

Thanks again Martin! You are what every project needs!
    And if NZ has milestones, I hope you get one :) I'd love to continue to work with you.

your exactly right mssmison, thanks DZO for everything

just donated 10.00USD -- 7V508205X93814816

I hope that helps, and thanks again for all your work with vogue-android

here is the link to his paypal https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=M%2eJ%2eJohnson%40massey%2eac%2enz&lc=GB&item_name=Vogue%20Android%20Donation&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted
    your exactly right mssmison, thanks DZO for everything

just donated 10.00USD -- 7V508205X93814816

I hope that helps, and thanks again for all your work with vogue-android

here is the link to his paypal https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=M%2eJ%2eJohnson%40massey%2eac%2enz&lc=GB&item_name=Vogue%20Android%20Donation&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted

I Agree 100%. DZO Is The Man. Most People dont realize what he has accomplished. This forum Woudnt even Exist without him. I will donate $20.00 In the next couple days when i get paid.

I would also advise that any further donations to me from this forum should go to him instead. I will donate anything I receive to him If it still comes to me. Thanks DZO For everything man.
    Thank you dzo for everything you've done for this community. I've had so much fun being apart of it. You are truly an inspiration to me and countless others. You are the main reason I've never taken a donation from this project. Because if there is anyone that deserves it then its you. You are the reason I still keep my vogue. I showed my seven year old son the video and slides you did documenting this great accomplishment and hopefully inspired a future developer. I am truly grateful for all that you have givin us. I pledge $20 u.s. dollars to help pay for your next phone. Good luck my friend I wouldn't be doing what I love if it wasn't for you.