[Q] Stuck at boot screen

Search This thread

the_KEV

Aug 30, 2010
Hi, I was rooted and tried to add some ringtones to my system/media folder. Instead of saving it to my SD card and then using a file explorer to move the files like I usually do, I tried to use droid explorer and do it from my PC. Now my phone won't get past the motorola logo when I start the phone. I'm not really sure what to do, can someone help me?

CaelanT

Hi, I was rooted and tried to add some ringtones to my system/media folder. Instead of saving it to my SD card and then using a file explorer to move the files like I usually do, I tried to use droid explorer and do it from my PC. Now my phone won't get past the motorola logo when I start the phone. I'm not really sure what to do, can someone help me?

I doubt that adding some ringtones to your /system/media folder from your PC would result in a non-boot condition. Sounds like you may have messed up some system files when you were doing what you were doing. Are you sure you did not inadvertently move/delete/alter any other files?

Do you have an unlocked bootloader?

the_KEV

Aug 30, 2010
Well I got it going again. I flashed the factory sbf. I'm happy I didn't have to go back to the factory settings

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Rhonn

Mar 24, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Its too early assume your bricked...I don't think your bricked. Have you tried to access your recovery? You can try a factory reset from there.

Sent from my MB860 running Jokersax's CM9

turn on your smartphone, and when apear logo press volume up, go into recovery CWM and make a factory reset, or ... get one rom and put in your sd card and make a factory reset and wipe cash, dalvik and flash new rom, and try to boot ....

mikl0018

Mar 29, 2012
stuck at boot screen

I doubt that adding some ringtones to your /system/media folder from your PC would result in a non-boot condition. Sounds like you may have messed up some system files when you were doing what you were doing. Are you sure you did not inadvertently move/delete/alter any other files?

Do you have an unlocked bootloader?

I have a similar problem and I know I am not bricked but can't currently get out of my jam. This is the process I used so far:

I unlocked bootloaders and rooted with an automatic script program

I installed superuser and CWM from the market

I placed the cm-7.2.0-olympus and gapps .zip files in my root of internal sd

I wiped with moto-fastboot followed by wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, and Dalvik

Then I installed the CM7.2 and Gapps zip files from the sd - and now I'm stuck at the M boot screen with Unlocked at the top.

I can boot into recovery and at the top of the recovery screen it reads Atrix 4G Recovery v4.0.0.2 goapk.com so I am thinking that the script I used initially installed a different recovery program and I am not actually using CWM. Also when I get into fastboot mode it says my battery is too low to flash and I don't have an indication that the battery is accepting a charge when it is plugged in...

I can get into recovery but even if I wipe and reinstall the zip I can't get past the boot loop - any suggestions?

harishmenace

Mar 25, 2012
SECUNDERABAD
I have a similar problem and I know I am not bricked but can't currently get out of my jam. This is the process I used so far:

I wiped with moto-fastboot followed by wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, and Dalvik

Then I installed the CM7.2 and Gapps zip files from the sd - and now I'm stuck at the M boot screen with Unlocked at the top.

I can boot into recovery and at the top of the recovery screen it reads Atrix 4G Recovery v4.0.0.2 goapk.com so I am thinking that the script I used initially installed a different recovery program and I am not actually using CWM. Also when I get into fastboot mode it says my battery is too low to flash and I don't have an indication that the battery is accepting a charge when it is plugged in...

I can get into recovery but even if I wipe and reinstall the zip I can't get past the boot loop - any suggestions?

I think that tenfar recovery that you flashed through automatic script. You can just get rom racer recovery flash it through fast boot or Just download this recovery and flash it like any ROM and reboot.http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1659890

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikl0018

sikkijazz

Mar 27, 2011
Delhi
Try to flash your phone with your stock firmware using rsd lite

here a list of firmwares ... http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1125944

WARNING! : flash it with YOUR stock sbf !!!

OR

Flash the latest sbf for your phone. I've done several with no problems. Yes, you do lose the unlocked bootloader though.
This will return you to stock. I used the same files.

You can avoid bricking your device by not flashing any over-the-air updates to Android 2.3.4. Instead, try flashing the 2.3.4 zip over here. Or, flash the pure stock images from here.

mikl0018

Mar 29, 2012
Worked!

I think that tenfar recovery that you flashed through automatic script. You can just get rom racer recovery flash it through fast boot or Just download this recovery and flash it like any ROM and reboot.http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1659890

Not sure why the other recovery wasn't working but your solution worked swell! Thank you for the assistance. I think it is communities like this online that make Android superior to other mobile OS platforms. It is a highly customizable experience but without these forums I'd be lost.

Many thanks,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.