Volume problem with 4.3 and Google Play Music

Search This thread

adelmundo

Oct 10, 2010
San Ramon, CA
Weird issue. When I use Google Play Music, the volume is low (and crappy mids and highs are low and bass is really boosted) until I get some sort of notification on my phone and then the volume goes to normal levels. On any other music app, such as Soundcloud, it doesn't experience that problem. I use Google Play Music a lot since I'm subscribe to GPMAA. This didn't happen when we were still on 4.1, only started happening on 4.3. Don't want to do a wipe yet if there is some sort of solution that has already been found. Thanks!

Further info: Full stock and no root

Last edited:

ArchangelRenzoku

Mar 16, 2011
Tacoma, WA
That's funny you say that because the exact opposite happens to me. Sometimes when I'm listening to google play music and I get a notification, the phone gets jacked up super loud and doesn't go back down until after I turn it down manually. Same setup, stock and no root.

But I've done multiple factory resets and this is actually a replacement handset and the same thing happens after I upgraded to 4.3.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

skye206

Jun 19, 2011
Dover De
Lol my issues are not exactly the same but i have issues. I was running boeffla audio on perseus kernel so I don't know if that's why my audio quality dropped. But my volume lowers randomly also then goes back to normal.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

adelmundo

Oct 10, 2010
San Ramon, CA
That's funny you say that because the exact opposite happens to me. Sometimes when I'm listening to google play music and I get a notification, the phone gets jacked up super loud and doesn't go back down until after I turn it down manually. Same setup, stock and no root.

But I've done multiple factory resets and this is actually a replacement handset and the same thing happens after I upgraded to 4.3.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Maybe your super loud is my normal ;) . But yes basically it's the same issue. While on Google Play Music, we both get a low volume until a notification tone comes in then the volume goes up. I was thinking about rooting my phone and installing a kernel that supports Voodoo sound (I had this on my Epic 4G). I've never felt the need to root and run non-stock ROMs since the Note 2 has always been good enough for me in stock form.

I've managed to "trick" my phone by sending an email to myself which triggers the notification tone. But that's kind of nuts to do this on a regular basis. I've been listening to Soundcloud more often now since this issue in Google Play Music is kind of annoying.