[User Review] Rearth Ringke Slim for Moto G (White)

Search This thread

angomy

May 4, 2011
Case name/model: Rearth Ringke Slim for Moto G (in white)
Case type: Slim, hard plastic 1 piece snap on
Needs/Niche for case: I wanted a temporary non-bulky case for my new Moto G before I decide between the official moto g bumper shell covers (out ~mid jan?) or a more robust solution like Otterbox.

Cost: G~$10 with free shipping + a decent (dry apply) screen protector included (1 count) from Amazon.

Pros:

- Case fits the Moto G like a second skin, very lightweight you barely notice it there.
- Well-made, I noticed some molding seams on the outside (faint) but none on the inside of the case - all smooth.
- All the ports (see photos below) and buttons are exposed clearly and I was able to charge and use headphones without any obstruction.
- There's 1-2? mm of clearance off the surface because of the lip of the case, so your screen isn't touching whatever surface you've put your phone face-down on.

Cons:

- While the case is easy to slide on, it was very difficult for me to take it off when I was a) worried about scratching the phone while doing it and b) worried about snapping some of the plastic off. There's no instructions included as to the proper way to slide it off, there's a video for the same model showing how to take it off from Rearth (must be a common issue) but it's for a different phone with different cutouts in the case.
- 50% of the corners are exposed (probably to allow you to uncase the phone more easily). This is the biggest con for me because in phone drops it's usually corner drops that cause screen shatter.
- It's entirely made out of hard plastic, no softer material or rubberization coating on the inside. However the case is a very snug fit so I doubt the phone would get scratched up from any sliding within the case.

Conclusion: For $10 it's a very well-made, high quality case. It feels durable (plastic doesn't feel like it's going to snap when I'm trying to pry it off) and it looks great. If all you want is scratch protection for the sides and back this will do the job and feel like next to nothing and look beautiful. If you're like me and drop your phone on occasion, you'll probably want to invest in a case that covers the corners more completely.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 2,879
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2,767
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 2,632
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 2,692

shure2

Jun 24, 2008
Case name/model:

Conclusion: For $10 it's a very well-made, high quality case. It feels durable (plastic doesn't feel like it's going to snap when I'm trying to pry it off) and it looks great. If all you want is scratch protection for the sides and back this will do the job and feel like next to nothing and look beautiful. If you're like me and drop your phone on occasion, you'll probably want to invest in a case that covers the corners more completely.

Thanks for your review, I should hopefully be getting mine soon from the US (dispatched on boxing day to the UK). Its a black one so ill add some pics and a lil review too.

cra1g321

Dec 31, 2013
Thanks for the post, i have one being shipped to me too (also in UK)

I went for black, but the white does look cool :good:

angomy

May 4, 2011
After having used it for a few days, I have to say that I really like it, and if I wasn't so accident-prone it would probably be the case I would be using on a daily basis. As it is, it's the case I'll be using until the Moto G official bumper shells come out.

I think you'll be pleased with it, it really is a very nice premium-feeling case. :)

shure2

Jun 24, 2008
I got the black version and its basically the same material as the back of the new nexus 5. Its a soft touch plastic that has a real premium feel. Its obviously a premium price at 9.99£ but well worth it IMO. I'll report back with durability testa

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

n3ik

Sep 27, 2012
Thanks for the review! I have the black one also, but I just ordered a white one because of its colour. After using it, does any colours rub on to the white? i.e does it get dirty quicky?

Acreo Aeneas

Mar 17, 2012
I agree with the cons of your review. I also have a Rearth Ringke Slim for my Moto G, except mines is black. Although, I find it hard to remove the case and it feels like I have to break the case and/or the back cover to get it off. I find the back cover's lip actually seems to be the reason why it is so hard to remove the case.

angomy

May 4, 2011
Thanks for the review! I have the black one also, but I just ordered a white one because of its colour. After using it, does any colours rub on to the white? i.e does it get dirty quicky?

I usually carry it in a bag or in my inside coat pocket (the wallet? pocket inside the actual front of a coat), so I haven't seen if anything like denim would transfer. From regular use though it's still pristine, I haven't wiped it down because I don't see fingerprints on it or any visible dirt.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Case name/model: Rearth Ringke Slim for Moto G (in white)
    Case type: Slim, hard plastic 1 piece snap on
    Needs/Niche for case: I wanted a temporary non-bulky case for my new Moto G before I decide between the official moto g bumper shell covers (out ~mid jan?) or a more robust solution like Otterbox.

Cost: G~$10 with free shipping + a decent (dry apply) screen protector included (1 count) from Amazon.

Pros:

- Case fits the Moto G like a second skin, very lightweight you barely notice it there.
    - Well-made, I noticed some molding seams on the outside (faint) but none on the inside of the case - all smooth.
    - All the ports (see photos below) and buttons are exposed clearly and I was able to charge and use headphones without any obstruction.
    - There's 1-2? mm of clearance off the surface because of the lip of the case, so your screen isn't touching whatever surface you've put your phone face-down on.

Cons:

- While the case is easy to slide on, it was very difficult for me to take it off when I was a) worried about scratching the phone while doing it and b) worried about snapping some of the plastic off. There's no instructions included as to the proper way to slide it off, there's a video for the same model showing how to take it off from Rearth (must be a common issue) but it's for a different phone with different cutouts in the case.
    - 50% of the corners are exposed (probably to allow you to uncase the phone more easily). This is the biggest con for me because in phone drops it's usually corner drops that cause screen shatter.
    - It's entirely made out of hard plastic, no softer material or rubberization coating on the inside. However the case is a very snug fit so I doubt the phone would get scratched up from any sliding within the case.