[Q] CWM infinite loop

Search This thread

OperationNT

Apr 1, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have a P760 with V20I firmware, unlocked bootloader with CWM. I made a mistake : I tried the update through official firmware feature. It restarted my device and instead of doing the update, it went to CWM recovery menu.
Now, I am trapped on an infinite loop with this recovery menu : when I exist CWM recovery, it restarts CWM instead of the phone firmware.
I tried to restore a backup but it still restart me in CWM :(.

Do you have any idea how I can restore my phone ?

Thank you very much for your help.

EDIT : I tried to fastboot my device and restore CWM, I am still locked in the recovery start loop. I also tried, with fastboot to set TWM as a recovery, I still have the same issue : my device automatically reboots in TWM.

Last edited:

OperationNT

Apr 1, 2013
I spend 6 hours trying to apply my own advice :
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40423549&postcount=2

The only mistake I made while my phone was in "S/W Upgrade" mode : I did not put a battery in my phone and while the official LG tool access to the phone, sometimes, it "stops" the USB alimentation (which cause a phone without battery leaves the "S/W Upgrade" mode).

Now my phone is back but after spending 6 hours doing all kind of possible tests for a stupid mistake, I just want to hang myself... :(
Someone have a rope ?

rr46000

Aug 26, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have a P760 with V20I firmware, unlocked bootloader with CWM. I made a mistake : I tried the update through official firmware feature. It restarted my device and instead of doing the update, it went to CWM recovery menu.
Now, I am trapped on an infinite loop with this recovery menu : when I exist CWM recovery, it restarts CWM instead of the phone firmware.
I tried to restore a backup but it still restart me in CWM :(.

Do you have any idea how I can restore my phone ?

Thank you very much for your help.

EDIT : I tried to fastboot my device and restore CWM, I am still locked in the recovery start loop. I also tried, with fastboot to set TWM as a recovery, I still have the same issue : my device automatically reboots in TWM.
Download official lg tool and connect the phone in sw mode and update it
Happened with me too
I restored by this method

Sent from my LG-P760 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

OperationNT

Apr 1, 2013
Thank you, just as I said in the next post, my mistake was only to not put back a battery inside my phone while it was in "S/W Upgrade" mode (because, to access this mode, I remove the battery, plug the USB cable and press Vol+).