[ROM][P75XX/TMobile][Oct28]Cyanogenmod 10.2

Search This thread

eushaun99

Feb 8, 2013
Subang Jaya
You da man AAcount! I went to bed and woke up then there's cm10.2 for p4. Thanks so much. I will definitely try this out but I cant test the 3g since I don't use it.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: SahilC

kotarohp84

May 9, 2006
everything is very good, better than the Sony Xperia Camera SP, but the background color is black, looked very hard outdoor

haybill

Apr 13, 2012
Somewhere in Europe
Yes,,,TB not working....

I'd like to install SuperSU......Can OP kindly advice how to re-root or perhaps upload the Kernel so we can get root again!

As has been said Titanium backup does work--but first check that it has Root access, and then that it can actually find it's own backup location--mine had a problem with 'not sufficient storage space' so I let it 'detect' it's backups from the 'Whole Device' and I had 2 possible locations--changed the location and she works fine now [ changed location from sdcard/0, to sdcard/ legacy/0, or similar, i cant remember exactly]

DefQoN_BE

Oct 18, 2012
Belgium
There's also a small bug in the dock on the start screen.

You can make several folders there, that's works all fine, but after 1 reboot, the folders are gone and only the first pictogram will stay there, so everytime you reboot, you have to re-make the folders you want or need.

(Ps: i do not complain about things, just giving small hints that also could be fixed)

Nash123

Sep 21, 2010
Same for me. Titanium does not work the right way. Parsing errors and restore of data messed up the whole system. Sometimes it misses working busybox. Very strange.

haybill

Apr 13, 2012
Somewhere in Europe
Yes,,,TB not working....

I'd like to install SuperSU......Can OP kindly advice how to re-root or perhaps upload the Kernel so we can get root again!

I think that if you read the first page of this thread you will find a link to AAcount's kernel development page--he has posted links to both CM-based and Stock--both are versions of this kernel, A1.
In fact, I just checked and the link is right at the bottom of the first post of this thread on OP

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Not sure why some folk are without Root, surely if you had Root access when you flashed this great ROM then you will still have it after??

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

pitpit24

Aug 17, 2012
Quebec
I think that if you read the first page of this thread you will find a link to AAcount's kernel development page--he has posted links to both CM-based and Stock--both are versions of this kernel, A1.
In fact, I just checked and the link is right at the bottom of the first post of this thread on OP

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Not sure why some folk are without Root, surely if you had Root access when you flashed this great ROM then you will still have it after??

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

They don't read, so they don't know how to enable developer settings and select root access to adb AND apps.
Their is no bug at all here.

rogconnect

Dec 16, 2010
Sin City

He quoted that the included kernel has SElinux support, whereas the older don't.

Nash123

Sep 21, 2010
I enabled root for apps and adb right after flashing and titanium recognizes it, but the restore still does not work as intended. And it does not recognize usb-debugging although it is enabled.

I nandroid back to old fw and do my appbackup again. Hopefully it works.

Edit: My filesystem seems to be messed up too. Recovery does not find my nandroidbackup.

Edit2: All Data from sdcard is now in storage/emulated/0/0/0. Weird.

Last edited:

haybill

Apr 13, 2012
Somewhere in Europe
If you search using a Root Explorer, or open settings/storage I am confident that your data is still available-this is common with Cyanogenmod ROMs.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

He quoted that the included kernel has SElinux support, whereas the older don't.

I thought that you wanted a link to download the kernel? Is at the bottom in his 'stuff'

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Nash123

Sep 21, 2010
Yeah found it. I am a longtime user of CM on my Galaxy I9000. But there I never encountered similar problems.

alexkno

Apr 12, 2011
So if you have several /0 levels I assume you wiped several times and you are maybe using an older recovery which can't cope with the new filesystem
So I guess you need to move the stuff manually to first /0 level

Tapatalked from my Nexus7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll summarize the standard disclaimer: By downloading, you accept any and all outcomes no matter how strange.

Big thank you to forum member epinter for getting early builds to work. The CM has already integrated a patch like his.
    DO NOT USE OLDER A1 KERNELS: They don't have SELinux support. The included kernel is really just V1.9 with SELinux turned on. It has all the same features that the A1 kernel normally provides.

I am no pershoot or other highly talented developer. It is very unlikely I can make any major bug fix if major bugs are found. For example: I have no hdmi (or HD) TV at my house so if that doesn't work, you're SOL. I test features that I use and that I find important. If there is an issue that deals with hardware I don't have (various bluetooth accessories for example) there is no way I can fix it since I won't be able to get a logcat and I'm not that great at intepreting logcats. Getting CM10.2 working on this tablet was very much a trial and error process involving mostly error.

Since my kernel is named A1, after a childhood fantasy character my brother made up, I figured it would be fitting to name the ROM after A1's home world. A1 was head of the Diamond Cave world and the leader of the Diamond Force so I named the ROM after his world. That is his original 2001 hand drawn logo in my signature that I touched up in gimp.

Installation Instructions
    -Accept the standard disclaimer and support disclaimer ;)
    -Read Post 2 FAQ and at least be vaguely familiar with it so you can look it up later if needed.
    -(if coming from stock recovery) Look up my A1 kernel thread and download the appropriate TWRP recovery for your model, and look up the dd method of flashing. Hint: the A1 kernel thread is linked in my signature. TMobile variant use pershoot cwm.
    -Download gapps and the cm10.2 zip.
    -Put on some (good) music.
    -Boot into recovery.
    -Do a data wipe/factory reset. (Only for the first cm10.2 install. Not required for subsequent CM10.2 builds)
    -Flash Cm10.2 and then gapps (Only flash gapps the first time)
    -Reboot
    -Hit the bathroom

ROMS
    October 28 Wifi
    October 28 3G
    October 28 TMobile

Older Builds
    October 20 Wifi
    October 20 3G
    October 20 TMobile
    October 5 Wifi
    October 5 3G
    October 5 TMobile
    September 27 Wifi
    September 27 3G
    September 27 TMobile
    September 18 Wifi
    September 18 3G
    September 18 TMobile
    August 17 Wifi --> Only build with phablet android 4.3 ui
    August 17 3G --> Only build with phablet android 4.3 ui
    August 17 TMobile --> Only build with phablet android 4.3 ui

Others:
    Source October 20
    Gapps: I removed GMail because I hate the threaded email view, Google+ because I have no social networking accounts, and google partner setup.apk just because that name gives me the creeps.

What Works
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Voodoo sound
    • GPS
    • Camera (Pictures and Videos): Focal is a bit laggy and refuses to change video recording resolutions
    • TabletUI
    • Android 4.3 keyboard Swype
    • MTP file transfer (at least on Linux)

Issues
    • Google now search crashes (I've never gotten it to work even in android 4.1) see FAQ someone got a fix
    • Getting a notification while listening to music or having game music own kills audio or restarts the album Fixed upstream as of September 30.
    • The built in google maps text to speech crashes. (use pico instead)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh yeah, one last thing. In terms of source, I wrote out how I patched the CM10.2 source to make this rom and what those patches do. I thought that would be more informative rather than just throw in a bunch of edited files with their original locations.
    So I have a use for reserving the second post
    FAQ

1: I have no root even though I changed the superuser settings.
    A: Go into about tablet and keep clicking "build number" until developer options appear. Change the settings in there.

2: Titanium backup fails to restore.
    A: Set the backup folder location to be /storage/emulated/legacy/... instead of /storage/emulated/0...

3: The UI looks like honeycomb.
    A: It's supposed to. I like the old honeycomb UI.
    --> 3b: Is it possible to get the phablet ui?
    A: No. The UI mode is hardcoded directly into the source. Making a flashable zip every time would be annoying. Also, the old UI produces a much smoother experience.
    --> 3c: What would it take to make the phablet ui smooth?
    A: The only solution that I know works is disabling the screenshot feature but that seems like quite a huge loss.

4: I get notifications for other users when using multi user.
    A: It's a side effect of forcing the honeycomb ui. Multiuser was added in android 4.2 which is when the honeycomb ui was discontinued so it's likely that some bits are missing.

5: Focal won't change resolutions or is laggy
    A: It's a focal bug. I'm not good enough to edit focal to fix it.

6: Is a Verizon variant coming?
    A: No. It takes 3 hours to make the initial build and then 30-45 minutes each subsequent time. Also, it takes 20 minutes to upload each rom.

7: ADW drawer icons/start menu icons look pixelated
    A: Use another launcher like nova. That one seems to work.

8: Some kind of text to speech engine crashes when launching google maps
    A: Unfortunately it does. Change the text to speech settings to use pico in Settings.

9: Google Now crashes
    A: Please see the workaround by pitpit24

10: 3G Mobile mobile data doesn't work
    A: Please see the suggested fix by member John Kester

11: Will this ROM work for the German P75X1 variants?
    A: Yes. The only difference between the German and international variants is that some features are missing from Samsung's stock rom. The hardware is the same. Blame this on apple for sue happy.
    I think I've caught up on reading the thread.

As for the phablet ui, I can't make a toggle to go back and forth between since those variables are hard coded. If I was any better I would add an option to the system settings which would let you choose. Since I personally don't like the new UI, it was actually one of my goals that the rom be released with the old ICS/honeycomb style UI. It looks like kasper_h and djmatt604 are going to be making their customized versions so I would wait for them to come out with the phablet ui. Since the old honeycomb ui was discontinued in android 4.2 and that's when multi user came out, I can imagine that there would be some shortcomings in using the old ui since the code is likely not updated. AOKP had a way of doing it but that solution was written by a team of talented developers and I am just a single enthusiast.

@shawnwojcik
    The new selinux A1 kernel is included with the rom. You don't have to worry about that. In all honesty, I haven't tried flashing an older A1 kernel without selinux support to see what happens. However, there is no point in doing so since the included kernel is exactly the same as the latest V1.9 but just has selinux turned on. There is no loss of features.

@arizal
    I can't make any guarantees that it'll work properly since mine is wifi only but... ;)

And just a survey: how many of you guys use the tmobile variant or know somebody who does and actually does flashing?
    After a an hour of systematic elimination I think I've found the magic library: libgui.so. I've tried flashing the September 14 nightly, checked the camera (of course dead), adb pushed libgui.so from the September 11 build (camera still dead), rebooted (camera alive). Does anyone else with too much free time want to try this and see if it works for them?

The way I did my process of elimination was:
    -extract all .so from /system/lib and remove all libnv*
    -split into groups of 48 (5x48)
    -try all 5 groups of 48 (only had to go to group 2)
    -split the winning group 2 into groups of 12 (4x12)
    -split the winning group 2 into groups of 4 (3x4)
    -try each one of the winning group of 4 one by one.

------------------------------------------------------------------ADDED/EDITED-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think my suspicions of libgui.so being the magic deal breaker are correct based on this commit . I made a new nightly with that fix and the camera is working again. And yes, to address someone's concern the next nightlies will have a tmobile rom in there... with the camera working :)
    New builds are up. A note about the camera app. There were a lot of new features added to it. Along with those features is a non configurable option to display the pictures/video being taken in 1:1 ratio. (As in 1:1 with the photo's resolution or video's resolution.) There will be left and right black bars on the camera app when taking a picture because photos aren't 16:9 widescreen. However, if you check the photo resolution, you'll see it's the real deal 3mp, just displayed differently. Same goes for shooting 720p video. The tablet screen is actually 1280*800 so there will be tiny top and bottom black bars since 720p is 1280*720.