[DEV/LEAK] ICS for A501

Search This thread

galapogos01

May 9, 2008
I just installed the new leak (removed recovery/bootloader from all 4 files and applied with CWM). Deep slept for 3 hours. Battery use good (1% or less) and no weird error messages in the radio log.

A little early to call it fixed but seems much better than the first leak.

galapogos01

May 9, 2008
It was after 3 hours. Overnight though, 3g died, same errors in radio log as previous version. Despite it dieing, battery life is better - still 64% charge after 12 hours of 3g errors.

HooeyBooey

Oct 30, 2010
Looks like Acer has pulled the last update file. Does this mean they're working on it or they just don't like us getting ahead of them?

droiduzr2

Jan 26, 2011
I would wait for the Devs here to get the Official ICS and rework it.
It will be much better and faster than stock ICS.

I like this Acer unit but I find the screen could be a bit more rich in color. It's too bad there is no color adjustment app that we can get. It's still a solid unit with very good options.

galapogos01

May 9, 2008
Stock ICS is damn fast. A lot faster than HC. I prefer stock-ish roms anyway, less goes wrong with them.

Any more leaks? Come on vache :)

Timelord83

Feb 15, 2011
Vermont
www.timelord83.com
Running Fine and as i don't currently ahve a sim in i keep airplane mode on and just turn on wifi.

Flashed the full zip from OP link then V3ICS Bootloader Flawless install on both worked first try damn tablet screams now

galapogos01

May 9, 2008
Yeah. Auto Airplane Mode didn't fix 3G problems for me. I went back to wakelock manager (no deep sleep). Battery life sucks.

Timelord83

Feb 15, 2011
Vermont
www.timelord83.com
how is your battery life?

perfect as far as i can tell.. i had on full charge with ac power wiped all cache/delivk three times each 2 user data wipes.. cleared the battery stats flashed the rom. flashed the V3 bootloader restarted runs like a charm auto detected my NON-Att sim card and used it without issue. i got about 5 hours of straight usage out of it. and after a recharge its been sleep/light usage over the last two days on the same charge.

Timelord83

Feb 15, 2011
Vermont
www.timelord83.com
so i have an neat issue.... i can't format the internal memory... if i drop into recovery it wont' format /sdcard /mnt/sdcard says it can't mount them.. is this an ICS v3 bootloader thing or is it really a broken recovery?

galapogos01

May 9, 2008
Looks like thor has made progress with fixing the 3G issues. Anyone tried his kernel on this rom?

Been nothing from Acer for A50x for ages now :-(

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Looks like thor has made progress with fixing the 3G issues. Anyone tried his kernel on this rom?

Been nothing from Acer for A50x for ages now :-(

Pretty sure his kernel won't work on anything but his rom. Might work on a CM9 build.

You can try putting a CWM flash with the boot.img and lib/module files.... but 1 bottle of russian vodka says,,,, it will still drop out.;) If it even installs, as mostly his rom is based on CM9. (unless he merged Wakelock in with his kernel to keep it going)

kjdoug

Nov 17, 2007
usb support

Anyone know how to get USB drive support to work with this?

Ignore this.....simple reboot

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts