838Pro Will not "standby"

Search This thread

Snoops

Jun 1, 2007
Sorry if this has been covered before, I've been searching the threads for quite a while though only came up with those having problems with standby freezing.

So I have a 838pro, running Elf 2.1 - Clean! -- Connected to exchange 2007 (push) 3g/HSDPA. This works great -- except I cannot go far from a charger since my pda will not enter standby mode.....(unless i hit the power button - this works fine, and so does resuming) -- Every thing is great except it drains the battery like no tomorrow.

Not running wifi or bluetooth. 3 Network in Australia.

If I kill the activesync service it will standby as set by my power settings (1min power/30sec screen)

Would my exchange server be playing funny buggers?

I've tried a couple of different roms (black etc) and all seem to have a similar problem.

Running 1.41xxx radio / hard spl v7;

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Snoops

Jun 1, 2007
Since yesterday, I've down graded to my Networks current rom (which is 1.30 vm5) and standby works fine.

Tonight I will re-flash to a wm6 rom and see if it helps (e.g. not changing the radio rom back to 1.41)

The rom I got is specifily for my network so call quality is actually better than 1.41 - with regards to range/data -- too early to tell.

Cheers'

dny238

Dec 2, 2006
Since yesterday, I've down graded to my Networks current rom (which is 1.30 vm5) and standby works fine.

Tonight I will re-flash to a wm6 rom and see if it helps (e.g. not changing the radio rom back to 1.41)

The rom I got is specifily for my network so call quality is actually better than 1.41 - with regards to range/data -- too early to tell.

Cheers'

My phone has never gone into standy while using Push from the exchange server. Once I make it sync every 15 minutes it seems to be able to turn the screen off.
Rob

Snoops

Jun 1, 2007
Well about half way thru today it started doing the not sleeping thing. So tonight I re-installed elf and tried using push with an exchange 2003 server (I am not sure of services packs etc, as the exchange 03 server isnt hosted locally).

So now it has been running for about 4 hours without any problems. It must be a exchange 2007 thing.. Maybe the keep alive packet??

Any Ideas?

bassoprofundo

Feb 21, 2006
same issue here

I noticed since I set up DeniaL's Exchange 2007 service, my battery life went into the toilet. My bro in law was comparing phones (he has a Hermes too) and asked why mine never went into standby... Battery problem discovered... :( Ideas anyone?

Snoops

Jun 1, 2007
Does Denials owa access use http or https?

(e.g. when you setup your exchange server do you leave the ssl option ticked?)

Snoops

Jun 1, 2007
After having a little time to play around.. I think (might) of found the issue.. Syncing over a http connection seems to be the problem for me. Switching to ssl seems to fix the issue... -- Will update in a two or two after more testing