bricked P920

Search This thread

kold11

Nov 28, 2007
OnePlus 9 Pro
My phone hanged (froze) when I was answering a call.
Screen went partially black and was not responding.
I switched off by long pressing the power button and now the phone won’t start.
Removing battery, SIM card, microSDHC doesn’t help.
I also cannot enter Recovery mode.
I tried unbrick with this method but when connecting computer detects new hardware omap4430 and after 1 sec omap4430 disappears/disconnects and then connects again and immediately disconnects and again…
The same both on Win7 64bit and clean installed XP 32bit.
ROM ThiaiZO3D V2.1 GB
Please help.

edit:
I was searching this forum and found similar problem here. So is it hardware problem (PCB)?

Last edited:

rdannar

Sep 3, 2009
While in device manager you will see omap, connect and disconnect. You have to be fast and double click it to install...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: NOMIOMI

kold11

Nov 28, 2007
OnePlus 9 Pro
OK I am fast I have installed omap driver but I can't go to next step. Phone is connecting and disconnecting all the time.
Tried on different PC's - still the same thing.
Any ideas?

rdannar

Sep 3, 2009
OK I am fast I have installed omap driver but I can't go to next step. Phone is connecting and disconnecting all the time.
Any ideas?

you are
Any ideas?

you are so close. hold volume up and power during thé connect disconnect cycle and it Will connect

Last edited:
Reactions: kold11

kold11

Nov 28, 2007
OnePlus 9 Pro
deepfresh thanks for your advice and solution but it's not working (my phone is still disconnecting and connectking no matter what I do)

you are you are so close. hold volume up and power during thé connect disconnect cycle and it Will connect

I tried it, phone is still disconnecting when I hold volume up and power or when I hold any other combination of keys.

When I connect the phone (with battery) and press only power I hear sound of connecting device in windows and then immediately disconnecting sound.
So it looks like the phone wants to start but something is damaged, blocking (I think it's hardware problem). Also in the past it hanged many many times (but I was able to restart until the last one).

Right now phone is on the way to service.
Thanks everyone for help.
I will inform about results of repairing by service.

b.charles.gagne

Jul 15, 2010
Terrebonne,QC
Same exact problem

Got the same exact problem with mine. It's a rogers LGP925G and no matters if I install the driver or anything nothing is doing the trick.

I'm going to drop it at rogers tomorow for warranty repair/replace and hopefully Lg staff won't be able to see I changed the software since it's impossible to even have the phone connected to a computer.

It happened to me when I tried to format a 32GB sdcard on cyanogenmod7 nightly 5

I'm not blaming cyanogenmod at all, it's a great rom and I know the maintainer is doing a great my dream and nexus one are still running uber fine on both of them.

So it's only to try to see what can have cause this problem and if there is a crosslink to do with both cases.

Also did you tried warranty replacement? did it work??

Got the same exact problem with mine. It's a rogers LGP925G and no matters if I install the driver or anything nothing is doing the trick.

I'm going to drop it at rogers tomorow for warranty repair/replace and hopefully Lg staff won't be able to see I changed the software since it's impossible to even have the phone connected to a computer.

It happened to me when I tried to format a 32GB sdcard on cyanogenmod7 nightly 5

I'm not blaming cyanogenmod at all, it's a great rom and I know the maintainer is doing a great my dream and nexus one are still running uber fine on both of them.

So it's only to try to see what can have cause this problem and if there is a crosslink to do with both cases.

Also did you tried warranty replacement? did it work??

Mine did exactly the same. Had to go for repair and had PCB replaced

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

mikey_sk

how i unbricked my O3D

Its rather simple really.

the easiest way is to just download the software update software on lg site for phone model. launch the software. Take out battery, attach usb to pc, then hold volume up and power at same time, the software will see phone, select customer support then recovery – type IMEI number and then software will just re download and flash the phone to repair. this is the way that LG software can repair a rooted phone gone bad, though LG will not tell any1 this when u call them, i work in the industry and a former LG technician mentioned this to me. worked a treat when i thought i bricked my O3d. Also this usually just does a repair installation so usually it keeps all your settings.

Reactions: omarfaieq007

vicvamp

Sep 22, 2011

the easiest way is to just download the software update software on lg site for phone model. launch the software. Take out battery, attach usb to pc, then hold volume up and power at same time, the software will see phone, select customer support then recovery – type IMEI number and then software will just re download and flash the phone to repair. this is the way that LG software can repair a rooted phone gone bad, though LG will not tell any1 this when u call them, i work in the industry and a former LG technician mentioned this to me. worked a treat when i thought i bricked my O3d. Also this usually just does a repair installation so usually it keeps all your settings.

You are completely right, I have saved my phone three times like this and it's brilliant!

andriu123

Dec 27, 2010
confirm, I was the same situation, forma sdcard on cm7, totally bricked, blinking omap4430
only warranty repair

Samizzu321

Jun 10, 2012
Hämeenlinna
My story

Ok, i swapped my internal and external sds, after that plugged in to my laptop Win7.
it told me to format the "sdcard", i did it. But, it told me it had only 128kt memory? WTF? i did it, and after that rebooted. or no, i shut it down
and then no boot. no download mode. i tried http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1244490 but no, it just lags, device manager refreshes 24/7, finds it every 5 secs... I WAS AND IDIOT! DO NOT DO THIS!
Itried that method on xp machine.

after that blinking omap ****:laugh:

Last edited:

amd1982

Oct 2, 2012
My story

Ok, i swapped my internal and external sds, after that plugged in to my laptop Win7.
it told me to format the "sdcard", i did it. But, it told me it had only 128kt memory? WTF? i did it, and after that rebooted. or no, i shut it down
and then no boot. no download mode. i tried http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1244490 but no, it just lags, device manager refreshes 24/7, finds it every 5 secs... I WAS AND IDIOT! DO NOT DO THIS!
Itried that method on xp machine.

after that blinking omap ****:laugh:

i have P920h darkroom v2 and dont conect omap 4430 mode disconect/conect every moment

sergiocues

Sep 29, 2012
Cuenca
Same problem here

Same problem here... OMAP connects and disconnects to fast, I tried omap4boot fix... but It didn't work. Finally, I sent it to repair, as it was on warranty.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While in device manager you will see omap, connect and disconnect. You have to be fast and double click it to install...

Any ideas?

you are
    Any ideas?

you are so close. hold volume up and power during thé connect disconnect cycle and it Will connect

[GUIDE] Unbricking your O3D

Hi,

Try this.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1186460

I was bricked my Optimus 3D three times.
    I use this solution every time.And it's working fine.
    You must be patient.And you make this solution step by step.
    I used windows XP with this solution.
    how i unbricked my O3D