ART vs Dalvik

Search This thread

jay_xander

Aug 7, 2011
Toronto
I have stock running on my rooted S5, which by the way is the Canadian W8 model.

Read that ART works for the S5, so I enabled it, and what do you know, it started without crashing. As I only just did it, and barely used it, should I go back back to Dalvik?

Anyone know the pros and cons of using ART over Dalvik? I read that ART is still available experimental, so I just don't know if I should be using it or not.

All feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
I have stock running on my rooted S5, which by the way is the Canadian W8 model.

Read that ART works for the S5, so I enabled it, and what do you know, it started without crashing. As I only just did it, and barely used it, should I go back back to Dalvik?

Anyone know the pros and cons of using ART over Dalvik? I read that ART is still available experimental, so I just don't know if I should be using it or not.

All feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rnzl3qy6xw

jay_xander

Aug 7, 2011
Toronto
After half a day of usage using ART, I encountered no errors. No massive battery drain although I think the battery drained slightly faster than it had using Dalvik.

I switched back to Dalvik, and am waiting for an awesome ROM and kernel to be developed and perfected so I can drop touchwiz. It's not bad, but too much crap is stuffed in.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Switch back.i encountered a massive battery drain n it force closing..as the people say in in developer options for a reason :D

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app