No bootloader unlock yet?

Search This thread

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
besides the chinese connection which may or may not be working , I dont need the spam nor do I need links having access to PP accounts . I guess my Moto X will continue to be a paperweight , My Note OG will continue to be my DD , since it has never failed me . Too bad Android is going the way of the proprietory scams (apple,windows ) and I dont blame the Devs like some people in here , , ya gotta figure if Microsoft, Google, Apple or HP ,Oracle see's what these guys are doing and says "I want that kid " , "yore hred kid , but you cant release anymore code to the public, trust me you'll be compensated well" , why wouldnt they take that offer ?

Just wish there was something else we could do ?

D

Darth

I've seen nothing but happy customers from the Chinese code seller...the phones he could unlock anyway.

So a bit of spam, or an unlocked bootloader..... Seems most go for the unlock.

As said, dev edition is your only other choice. Sell the one you have and you'll be most of the way to the DE cost. :)

HeroOfTime

Jun 29, 2010
Mountain Green
I don't know of anyone on here who has gotten any spam using the PayPal method with the Chinese guy. If you don't have an unlockable version or a dev version, it will likely be the only possibility ever. Motorola have locked these things down tight.

D

Deleted member 2351944

I guess my Moto X will continue to be a paperweight
<snip>

Well, you could start by buying phones that actually suit your needs. Some versions of the X were bootloader-locked. This was known from the outset. So whose fault is it that you own a "paperweight"? It's not the developers, or Google, or Microsoft, or anyone else.

You could have bought a dev edition. You could have bought from a carrier who allowed unlocking. You could have skipped the X altogether... so, why?

I'd like it if Big Red offered more unlockable phones, but I go into any phone purchase with eyes wide open. I decided the Moto X suited my needs even bootloader-locked. So you won't hear any complaints from me: it's my own fault if I don't like it. I don't hear a lot of Ford F350 owners complaining about their gas mileage, and there aren't a lot of Prius drivers that think their car is a paperweight because it can't haul a boat.

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
wasnt referring to spam from the chinese guy and that would be the option Id take , as for the paperweight , should have stayed with stuff I know like Samsung and HTC anyway , theyve never let me down , there isnt some are some arent!

D

Darth

No disrespect intended.....but you didn't like the X three months ago even, why haven't you just sold it????

Just curious. :)

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
I used the chinese MM method. Sent the payment via paypal as instructed and received the code less than 24 hrs later.

Unlocked BL, rooted phone, and installed GravityBox today. Noticed literally no extra lag so far and the increase in functionality, customization, and my satisfaction of the phone has increased exponentially.

If you're worried about spam, can't you just make a temporary email account?

Reactions: androiddoglover6969

androiddoglover6969

Oct 16, 2013
I used the chinese MM method. Sent the payment via paypal as instructed and received the code less than 24 hrs later.

Unlocked BL, rooted phone, and installed GravityBox today. Noticed literally no extra lag so far and the increase in functionality, customization, and my satisfaction of the phone has increased exponentially.

Where can I find that Chinese mm method?

androiddoglover6969

Oct 16, 2013
http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/china-middleman-t2751177

Only generally works with phone made in 2014 though. Check the lower right corner of the sticker on your box for the manufacture date.

Semi off topic:

If I rooted my phone to 4.4.2. and I have a bootloader locked, doing a factory reset will entitle me to keep my root? Or will I lose it?

And what if I do a factory reset on my rooted moto x on 4.4.2 when my bootloader is unlocked. Will I be able to keep my root when doing factory reset? I am trying to get rid of this "com.motorola.process.system" because I've tried wiping cache and dalvik and safemode and date and time method doesn't work.

Last edited:

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Semi off topic:

If I rooted my phone to 4.4.2. and I have a bootloader locked, doing a factory reset will entitle me to keep my root? Or will I lose it?

And what if I do a factory reset on my rooted moto x on 4.4.2 when my bootloader is unlocked. Will I be able to keep my root when doing factory reset? I am trying to get rid of this "com.motorola.process.system" because I've tried wiping cache and dalvik and safemode and date and time method doesn't work.

See my reply to this same question you asked in another thread. You're out-of-luck.

Please follow my instructions in the other thread. You'll have to re-flash the stock 4.4.2 rom, and you will NOT be getting root back without BL unlock.

Sorry...its posted all over this forum that you cannot take the 4.4.2 OTA - it patches the BL exploits we used.

androiddoglover6969

Oct 16, 2013
See my reply to this same question you asked in another thread. You're out-of-luck.

Please follow my instructions in the other thread. You'll have to re-flash the stock 4.4.2 rom, and you will NOT be getting root back without BL unlock.

Sorry...its posted all over this forum that you cannot take the 4.4.2 OTA - it patches the BL exploits we used.

I didn't take the 4.4.2 OTA...

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Alright. Just bought the unlock bootloader service.

scorpion667

Jul 26, 2011
Toronto
If you want a bootloader unlock for AT&T Moto X, you could just get the Rogers Moto X.
They are both XT1058 and the Rogers one is bootloader unlockable on the Motorola website. I unlocked 3 there myself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get the Dev Edition

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    D
    Deleted member 2351944
    I guess my Moto X will continue to be a paperweight
    <snip>

Well, you could start by buying phones that actually suit your needs. Some versions of the X were bootloader-locked. This was known from the outset. So whose fault is it that you own a "paperweight"? It's not the developers, or Google, or Microsoft, or anyone else.

You could have bought a dev edition. You could have bought from a carrier who allowed unlocking. You could have skipped the X altogether... so, why?

I'd like it if Big Red offered more unlockable phones, but I go into any phone purchase with eyes wide open. I decided the Moto X suited my needs even bootloader-locked. So you won't hear any complaints from me: it's my own fault if I don't like it. I don't hear a lot of Ford F350 owners complaining about their gas mileage, and there aren't a lot of Prius drivers that think their car is a paperweight because it can't haul a boat.

Where can I find that Chinese mm method?

http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/china-middleman-t2751177

Only generally works with phone made in 2014 though. Check the lower right corner of the sticker on your box for the manufacture date.