OP Updated [ROM] Galaxy Exhibit/Exhibit II RebelROM 3.1[ICS hybrid, LITE and SMOOTH]

Search This thread

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
AOIP and JB ROMs in general are at the stage now where I see no real advantage to using a GB ROM whatsoever IMHO, even this one.And if someone says "battery life" they own the wrong device. This phone has a battery that is too small to be long lasting i.e. going days without charging like some desire around here.

Worth noting RR was a hell of a ROM in its day and saved me from the nightmare known as CM9 more than once.

BigFuzzyArchon

Dec 14, 2011
There were two problems I was having with JB and this phone

First one was that the call volume or something was much worse than in GB.

The other was that the calendar layout was not as simple and clean.

The phone is my girlfriends so its her call. I have an Xperia U and I also prefer GB on that phone. Both have 512mb ram and I feel like they need the more minimal roms, at least for our purposes.

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
There were two problems I was having with JB and this phone

First one was that the call volume or something was much worse than in GB.

The other was that the calendar layout was not as simple and clean.

The phone is my girlfriends so its her call. I have an Xperia U and I also prefer GB on that phone. Both have 512mb ram and I feel like they need the more minimal roms, at least for our purposes.
I get where you're coming from and for awhile I felt the same way after so many other ROMs failed me. Everybody is different but my experience with AOIP has me convinced that ROM is up to par with anything out there and more in some cases. I used to switch all the time as in once a week sometimes even. Two months later I am still using the same ROM and that's saying something for me.

BigFuzzyArchon

Dec 14, 2011
yea ill have to try out AOIP if there are any more problems we get on RebelRom

I recently had to reinstall because it became slow/laggy, some app must have been causing it. She had to go and exit applications or clear memory from task manager to help it out. Dunno what is was.

getsum

Apr 11, 2013
Champaign IL
I played with about every rom available for this phone starting with Peach Sunrise. When I upgraded to an S4 I gave my Exhibit fo a friend who had never had any kind of "smartphone". I choose RR for my friend because of it's simplicity and reliability. My friend is pleased with the phone and how it acts but will probably never appreciate what a great rom this is unless/until she decides to upgrade to a stock phone. Thanks to all for their hard work.

Proud2banoob

Jul 12, 2013
Durham
Google Pixel 6a
I tried to install this rom using TWRP, but it failed twice. It won't install 3.0.7, let alone let me upgrade to 3.1 . I want to try a GB-based rom, to see how it works for me. Been using JB roms since I got the phone, but wanted to try one based on the OS native to the phone. Do you think the issue is with TWRP? I am performing the usual wipes (2x) before doing the install. I am keen to try it, after reading all the feedback. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

detdett

Dec 6, 2011
You copied the entire op and yet you're asking to install it on TWRP? It does say install via cwm...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Proud2banoob

Jul 12, 2013
Durham
Google Pixel 6a
I read it saying cwm. I was just thinking that one recovery was the same as another. I guess not. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Will cwm touch work?

schuylkillparanormal

Mar 10, 2013
I read it saying cwm. I was just thinking that one recovery was the same as another. I guess not. Thanks for the help.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Will cwm touch work?

Smartguy stated it works with twrp. Like I told you before try using cwm 6.0.12 and yes cwm touch works but i personaly use 6.0.12 i just find it more organized.

Proud2banoob

Jul 12, 2013
Durham
Google Pixel 6a
If Smartguy got it to work with TWRP, I am not sure why it's not working for me. Neither RebelRom nor Peach Sunrise was installing. They both have the same error about an invalid signature.

mwhitt

Apr 23, 2013
vancouver
If Smartguy got it to work with TWRP, I am not sure why it's not working for me. Neither RebelRom nor Peach Sunrise was installing. They both have the same error about an invalid signature.

I have never had problems with peach, but I have with rebel, and that's how peach became my favorite gb rom, believe it or not.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Proud2banoob

Jul 12, 2013
Durham
Google Pixel 6a
I have never had problems with peach, but I have with rebel, and that's how peach became my favorite gb rom, believe it or not.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I figured I would try them both. 'Course, maybe I'm not going to be able to try either... Maybe I have to fix the permissions in my phone?

How do I go about fixing permissions on my phone, so that I can install these new roms? I looked for a thread, but didn't find anything. Thanks.

Last edited:

jfbs

May 24, 2012
Fix permissions is a placebo, that's why it's been removed from recent recoveries. Are you able to verify md5sum's match?

jfbs

May 24, 2012
Let's say 3.0.7's md5 sum is: 747060c1e032a57a4d0e809531bd39fd on the download host, then when you when download it locally its md5 sum should be: 747060c1e032a57a4d0e809531bd39fd. That way you're able to verify by digest that they're the same file and unlikely corrupted, tampered, etc.

Reactions: Proud2banoob

Proud2banoob

Jul 12, 2013
Durham
Google Pixel 6a
Let's say 3.0.7's md5 sum is: 747060c1e032a57a4d0e809531bd39fd on the download host, then when you when download it locally its md5 sum should be: 747060c1e032a57a4d0e809531bd39fd. That way you're able to verify by digest that they're the same file and unlikely corrupted, tampered, etc.

Ah, I see. That level of technical expertise is way beyond mine. I know how to find a file and download it. If it doesn't work, I assume it was corrupted during download and try again. After the second failed attempt, I assume there might be something else wrong, so I go into the log and look at what happened immediately before the install failed. I have no way of knowing where to look for an md5 sum on the host or on the downloaded file. Thank you for your explanation.

It also seems odd that there would be md5 sum issues with both GB roms I have tried, but no such issues with the JB roms. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I would be surprised.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RebelROM 3.0.9:

SamsungExhibitII4G.jpg

(Widget is Beautiful Widget with ICS theme, and Text on icons in dock is disabled in Xperia S launcher preferences)

Download:

Report bugs:
    here http://code.google.com/p/rebel-rom/issues/list

Features:
    Ported from Galaxy W by me :D
    XXLM6 brings updated Samsung lockscreen, Face unlock, performance, stability increases and android 2.3.6

Features kept from Black Notes Hybrid:
    • ICS Framework
    • ICS google music
    • ICS MODDED APPs (Browser, Gallery, MyFiles, Video Player, Voice Rec)
    • Worldwide APN list
    • Bravia Engine
    • Extended Power Menu
    • V6 Supercharged installed (Super UL, Bullet Proof, Nitro Lag, 100% charged)
    • Derek Gordon GPS Optimization with AGPS Patch (Worldwide)

Other features of Rebel ROM:
    • OTA updatable
    • Barebone with barely any trace of TouchWiz interface
    • ICS theme based on ICE DARK S theme thanks to ibanez7 (Great Job!) modified by me and camcory (camcory mostly :D )
    • CM9 Background in apps (settings, etc) http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1042532&d=1336233402
    • CM7 DSP manager
    • Adfree host file
    • ICS themed XPERIA S launcher
    • ICS keyboard
    • ICS google music player and ICS calculator
    • ICS wallpaper Selector
    • ICS clock
    • Lidroid customization notification toggles
    • Sqlite,App Process(Improves Performance) & System Server( Improves Scrolling) From ICS
    • Jocala's Kernel (thanks!)
    • Debloated
    • AOSP 2.3.7 Calender and Deskclock
    • Rooted
    • Busybox
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Has task killer tweaks
    • optimized memory
    • build.prop tweaks
    • Roboto font
    • Touchscreen more accurate
    • CRT off
    • 1% battery meter
    • Battery percentage notification popups removed

Bugs:

Working:
    • Almost EVERYTHING

Not working:
    • Flashlight toggle in notification pull down. Working LED flashlight app included (smart flashlight)

Screenshots:
    http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/14745788/1/RebelROM?h=8c4dce (thanks Camcory for most screenshots :D)

Coming soon:
    • XXLM8 Galaxy W updated base
    • More tweaks performance and visual
    • Custom Kernel with tweaks and OCable

Install:
    1. If on RebelROM < or = 2.1(or any 2.3.5 Exhibit II rom, or stock) FULL WIPE is recommended! 3.0 brings some major changes
    2. Install CWM
    3. Backup apps with titanium backup or similar
    4. Make a nandroid backup in CWM
    5. Wipe data, cache,system etc
    6. Install rom in CWM
    7. Reboot and enjoy

Change log:

RebelROM 3.0.9:
    • Includes Jocalas latest kernel (1.8) Thanks jocala for all your work!
    • Battery percentage popups removed
    • Smart flashlight app included in /data/app for easy removal if not wanted (working led flashlight)
    • Screen capture fixed

RebelROM 3.0.8 By Camcory:
    • Theme and other fixes.

RebelROM 3.0.6 Milestone 2a:
    • Some more theme fixes..

RebelROM 3.0.6 Milestone 2:
    • Theme fixed 100% (I think) thanks toibanez7's theme "Ice Dark S" which helped me fix up RebelROM's theme.
    • OTA updater (update me) Integrated into Settings.apk, so it wont be in app drawer, check settings for "Update ROM"
    • Lidroid (14 toggles) removed for now, will properly implement it soon.
    • Call log FC fixed.

RebelROM 3.0.5 Beta 4
    • Some theme fixes (thanks Camcory!)
    • Model # should be fixed (From Galaxy W's to Exhibit II's)

RebelROM 3.0.4 Milestone 1
    ALOT! Check http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26428206&postcount=339 thats 3.0 Beta 2 features
    Milestone 1 also has OTA update ability, Stock Exhibit II camera App with ICS icon, ICS theme Domination by Vertimus, ported by camcory etc

RebelROM 2.1
    • CRT off
    • 1% battery meter
    • ICS transition animations
    • More apps themed
    • New messaging app

RebelROM 2.0
    • Bravia Engine
    • ICS app_process, system_server and sqlite to improve performance
    • Dialer themed
    • Some ICS icons

RebelROM 1.4
    • Everything working
    • Added AOSP music player (or was it cm7 :p i forget)
    • DSP manager from CM7
    • ICS message app added
    • Added App Process(Improves Performance) & System Server( Improves Scrolling) From ICS
    • and some other stuff i forget

RC1:
    Camera,kies and accelerometer fix

Beta 2:
    • Wifi FIXED
    • ICS themed XPERIA launcher
    • Messaging,Email and calender all replaced with AOSP apps
    • ICS themed music player and ICS calculator (more apps to be themed soon)

• Credits:
      [*]Camcory - Tester, and helped ALOT especially with theme, + Worked on update well i was away, 3.0.8 includes theme fix and more.
      [*]jocala- For everything he has done for the Galaxy Exhibit.
      [*]Philhull - Testers, helped alot as well
      [*]dennis96411 - Tester and helped get logcats etc :D
      [*]Zenpit - Tester, and also helped get logcats, also may be making custom boot animation and logo for rebelROM.com
      [*]aznrunner1881 - Tester :D
      [*]adamwardw3 - Tester and some screenshots
      Also of course thanks again to anyone involved in the Dev work above!

[*]Donations to put towards phone:
      [*]famous26 - $5
      [*]Niya Lee -$30 thank you so much
      [*]Simon Chung - $10
      [*]camcory - $10
      [*]jwsm - $10
      [*]Thank you all!! :D
      [*]
    I have $45 in serve.com $30 from other things, i putting all that towards getting an exhibit ii though
    3.0 Beta 2

How to install :
    (thanks robsaw for instructions)
    Follow this to get a well functioning RebelROM

Download:

1. First of all, install ClockworkMod Recovery for this phone:
    See this post - http://xdaforums.com/show...09&postcount=4

2. Install RebelROM 3.0.7
    • Copy 3.0.7 and 3.1 ROMs onto sdcard
    • Boot into CWM
    • WIPE everything in CWM (ROM, Data, Cache - before flashing the new ROM)
    • Flash ROM 3.0.7
    • Reboot
    • When it reboots, skip the first setup message that appears and use the powerbutton to reboot back into CWM

3. Install RebelROM 3.1 overtop of 3.0.7
    • From CWM
    • Do NOT WIPE ANYTHING
    • Flash 3.1
    • Reboot and you are done
    I will work on 3.2 eventually that will fix this, and be one zip

Tips and how to's :

Use this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1451712 for general discussion about rebelROM

Previous stable release:
    RebelROM 2.1 http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Samsung_Exhibit_II_Developers/bpear96/RebelROM/Stable/

RebelROM 3.0 Milestone 1
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...evelopers/bpear96/RebelROM/Stable/Milestones/
    RebelRom 3.0.7

Ok here it is RebelRom 3.0.7 with fixes,Galaxy Exhibit splash,working update in settings. I first wiped usb in settings to clear out any junk. Then ROM wipe and wipe dalvik cache in CWM. Flash ROM takes a bit of time at startup. Just to be perfectly clear I am not trying to hijack this ROM it is bpears baby I had nothing to do in the development and porting of this ROM we should all give him a big thanks and I know in time he will be back to give us more goodies. Enjoy. Download
    We're funny enough to get rid of disrespectful people.
    Now focus on development.

Sent from my X8 using Forum Runner
    Thread reopened after cleaning.
    One user is banned. Flaming others and spamming the board isn't the most clever idea.