[Q] My HOS got an FW update today 2012-05-08 (1.78.401.2)

Search This thread

Thiesen

Aug 8, 2009
Anyone else got the 1.78.401.2 FW update?

I have no clue of what it entails...

grmek

Jul 13, 2010
Also got the update (after manually checking for it) and installing as we speak.

Hope its fixing at least some of the numerous bugs (wireless, wifi, 3G issue, etc) that everybody has with (unbranded) HOS.

G.

orenfl

Jan 9, 2011
I also haven't got any notification but based on this thread tried and am downloading right now - it's 59MB.
Will update the status since I'm among the network issues suffering customers...

rboekee

Jun 24, 2010
Cambridge
Nothing in the UK yet

I'm guessing you guys are all US HOS owners, no update in the UK yet. Are there any release notes?

rüüd_1

Jan 31, 2012
I checked manually for updates and it worked.
HTC says only "system enhancements"
we will see...

@rboekee
i have the EU - version, unbranded that's the important thing...

crunchtime85

Jun 2, 2011
Update is not working for those having a custom recovery installed...

After flashing the Stock Recovery with this wonderful One klick tool the Update is working just fine...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604677&page=6

I had my Bootloader unlocked via HTCdev... Seems like an unlocked Bootloader has got nothing to do with this issue!

To keep your Phone rooted after the update, use OTA Rootkeeper from the Playstore!

orenfl

Jan 9, 2011
I forgot to mention, I'm with a EU phone.

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA

Samugai

Oct 20, 2010
Seems like it's not available in the US yet? I tried checking in and then check for update but nothing. Asked the woman to do the same and no update for her either. I'm in Boston btw.

For those with the update in the US how is the signal? Is it jumping up and down still? I'm getting tired of this and tried everything so I'm hoping it's the radio firmware and not the hardware itself.

Sent from the One.

rüüd_1

Jan 31, 2012
The update is only available for unbranded EU phones.

Edit:
It looks like Vodafone Germany has also released the update.

Last edited:

Thiesen

Aug 8, 2009
I'm guessing you guys are all US HOS owners, no update in the UK yet. Are there any release notes?

If you didn't know the HTC way of numbering their FW then I can tell you that the *.401.* designates the EU version (possibly the WW version too)...

And yes... I live in Sweden and my HOS is unbranded...

orenfl

Jan 9, 2011
Mine also an unbranded one.
As for the update itself, it seems that the radio issues are not yet solved.
3g/H issues are still here.
I did notice that on a certain place which has no reception, with the old radio I was still with reception signal though no actual reception was present, while with the new radio the reception really drops to no signal status.
Yet, as I mentioned, there data switches which are interfering to the data transfer are still here... :-(

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA

alondror

Aug 14, 2008
I can confirm as well that data issue still here H/3G still interrupting a contstand data stream.

Also can confirm that the signal is lower compared the previous update.

My HOS is EU unbranded.

I cannot see any Hebrew language added after the installation.

Top Liked Posts