One Click install TWRP Recovery, then root

Search This thread

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
Do you have to unlock boot loader in order to root?

Sent from my Verizon GS4 using Tapatalk

waffleb051

Jul 21, 2010
Redding
I am not able to get root to work. When I boot the SU app it comes back that the SU binaries are not installed. I flashed SU from the zip uploaded here.
BTW I am doing this on a Mac. Just manually typing in the commands.

*EDIT*
Forget it I am just going to revert to stock.

*EDIT 2*
I was able to get back to the L preview. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm NOT responsible if you bork your tablet because you can't follow simple instructions!

I've just made a simple batch file with adb, and the recovery file all in one zip for y'all. ;)
    Make sure you've unlocked your bootloader by following instructions HERE
    1) Download Chainfires latest root and copy to Your Internal SD card on your tablet
    2) Download and install DRIVERS
    3) Download and extract nexus7_2013_recovery_A+.zip to a folder on your PC.
    4) Open folder where you extranted nexus7_2013_recovery.zip
    5) Make sure your tablet is powered on, and connected to the PC, then click on "Nexus7.bat" and follow instructions. (If your PC is installing drivers once it boots into fastboot, WAIT until the drivers are installed before clicking next!)
    6) Be ready and hold volume up as the tablet will restart automatically, keep holding volume up until you reach the TWRP screen
    7) Once in TWRP flash SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.43.zip
    8) when you reboot Superuser will be updated automatically by the Play Store

Enjoy!

BIG thanks to Chainfire for his root, and team win recovery project for their fast work on the recovery!
    07/30/13 Updated SuperSu link to latest revision (ver 1.51).
    07/29/13 Updated SuperSu link to latest revision (ver 1.50).

For those that couldn't find their azzes if a target was painted on it, here's a link to the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UpcTMTu-5Qc

I'm NOT responsible if you bork your tablet because you can't follow simple instructions!
    Looks like I'm still stuck at step 6. After running ADB reboot recovery, the tablet reboots and I see the dead Android with the red triangle. So I'm guessing Recovery didn't get flashed right.

So I rebooted it again. Ran the Nexus7.bat. It boots to Fastboot okay, and seems to be successfully after pressing enter a couple times. But ADB reboot recovery results in the red triangle again.

Try going directly into recovery right after the batch file finished and restarts your device. I had the same problem if I let my device boot and then reboot into recovery.

I'm ammending the video now to reflect your suggestion about booting right into recovery afterwards...thank you ;)

Cool, glad I could be of some small assistance.
    I got through the first 5 steps. However the tablet rebooted to the OS. At step 6 how do you reboot into recovery?

ADB reboot recovery ;)
    When you say copy chainfire's SU to the SD CARD you mean to the root of the directory you get when you connect via MTP, right? Where the Alarms/Download/Movies/Music etc directories are, right?

I see this syntax used a lot "copy to SD card" when there's not really an SD card, so it's a bit confusing (not just here). Especially since there's no obvious SDcard directory exposed when you connect via MTP to a PC.

Yes, you may want to create a folder in there for organizing all your flashable zips
    When you say copy chainfire's SU to the SD CARD you mean to the root of the directory you get when you connect via MTP, right? Where the Alarms/Download/Movies/Music etc directories are, right?

I see this syntax used a lot "copy to SD card" when there's not really an SD card, so it's a bit confusing (not just here). Especially since there's no obvious SDcard directory exposed when you connect via MTP to a PC.

Yes, your INTERNAL SD CARD ;)