[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] [Paranoid Android 4.6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Hey, when I updated to PA 4.5 using Paranoid OTA, I lost my Google Play Store and Google Play Services. This causes a lot of apps like YouTube, Keep to stop working.
What should I do? I installed the latest Play Store and used it to install Play Services but after that, after every few minutes i receive a pop up saying 'Google Play Store has stopped working'

What should I do?

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk 4

Flash gapps :)

Reactions: ScumDroid

idCyber

Oct 28, 2012
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
Anyone knows how can I disable the new Recent window and go back to the old one in PA 4.5 Beta 2 and how to enable and disable Pie?
It's the first time I try PA so I dunno how to customise it.

Last edited:

idCyber

Oct 28, 2012
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
Thanks, I am starting to like the new stacked recents window, I think I am going to keep it. Also forget about my Pie controls question, I found out that I need to enable Immersive Mode to access it.

Last edited:

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
How is everyone finding the rom? debating between this and cyanogen mod :confused:

First ive been a CM fan, till CM made themselves a company and put their own bloatware, then i switched to PA (maybe even before) it was version 3 back then, and it impressed me so much ill never go back to CM again :D (ive been using AKOP for some time too, but nothing compares to PA in my humble case)

Jokes aside, paranoid is much more elegant and all those subtle improvements placed on right places are what makes it outstanding. performance-wise they are around the same spot

So far tested PA on: Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013, HTC One, HTC One X, LG G2, Samsung Galaxy ACE 2 and S2, maybe even Nexus 7...and im most pleased with it.
It looks stockish but has magnificent things that will be available in future android versions (you know google tends to take cm and pa ideas for themselves for the upcoming builds...at least they have so far)

Last edited:

dnle71

Nov 9, 2011
First ive been a CM fan, till CM made themselves a company and put their own bloatware, then i switched to PA (maybe even before) it was version 3 back then, and it impressed me so much ill never go back to CM again :D (ive been using AKOP for some time too, but nothing compares to PA in my humble case)

Jokes aside, paranoid is much more elegant and all those subtle improvements placed on right places are what makes it outstanding. performance-wise they are around the same spot

So far tested PA on: Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013, HTC One, HTC One X, LG G2, Samsung Galaxy ACE 2 and S2, maybe even Nexus 7...and im most pleased with it.
It looks stockish but has magnificent things that will be available in future android versions (you know google tends to take cm and pa ideas for themselves for the upcoming builds...at least they have so far)
Same here man! [emoji2]

_delice_doluca_

Apr 26, 2011
istanbul
Sorry if it's asked before but I am confused a little bit.

I have been downloading the "stable" versions and avoiding the "beta of Android L" ones for a while. But now, the stable ones seems like cut off from updates and the only going on ones are the betas? If I understood correctly, can we say the "beta" stamp is refering to that "the ROM is still the stable version with beta extras from the Android L" or is it "all beta"?

Cryptecks

Aug 1, 2010
Athens, Ohio
Sorry if it's asked before but I am confused a little bit.

I have been downloading the "stable" versions and avoiding the "beta of Android L" ones for a while. But now, the stable ones seems like cut off from updates and the only going on ones are the betas? If I understood correctly, can we say the "beta" stamp is refering to that "the ROM is still the stable version with beta extras from the Android L" or is it "all beta"?

There is nothing about these builds that is of, from, or needs Android L. The New Recents style was being worked on before Google I/O, but yes, was ultimately very similar in style.

Instead of nightlies like some ROMs, PA builds weekly (except this week of course) and tags the releases as one of Alpha, Beta, or Stable. Usually (and in the case of the New Recents testing period) when there is an Alpha, there is a normal (whether that is Beta or Stable) build released as well for people who aren't interested in testing new features.

Download Beta 2, it's very solid for the N7.

Reactions: _delice_doluca_

Ritchiejoe

Sep 21, 2013

Thankyou for the reply.

Tried flashing yesterday with the Stock/AOSP elemental kernel and everything just kept freezing so I went back to stock to make sure it wasn't just my nexus causing the problems. Will try again today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FEATURES for 3.0+,

• Hybrid engine,
      Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
      Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
      Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
      Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
      You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
      Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
      Theming Engine
      Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
      Multiuser support
      Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
      4.3 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
      New holo-styled theme chooser
      T9 dialer
      New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
    aaronpoweruser, EvanA
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2013-09-12
    Last Updated 2014-09-14
    Guys.. i have cleaned this thread. Frankly, the disrespect shown to the developers was disgusting. Further behavior will not be tolerated.

A friendly remind that the Devs we are LUCKY to have do this for free, out of the enjoyment of being with the community. They are not here to serve you; if you are unhappy, just move on (or perhaps try to be part of the solution, and work on making your own ROM!).
    OK new build is up on goo and will be up on our servers when i can get them back up. I have been super busy lately. And the jwr stuff broke the build so took me a while to get eevrything fixed up. builds will be more forth coming in the future
    As soon as I get the server issues resolved Ill have a new build for you guys