Need help on modem

Search This thread

earlyyyyyyyy

Jun 30, 2013
I think I have the wrong modem on because the H+ signal on my phone almost always disappears whenever I lock it or after a very long time of surfing

I tried #1234# on my phone but it doesnt work (it tells me connection problem or invalid MMI code). Is there any other way for me to check my modem?

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
I think I have the wrong modem on because the H+ signal on my phone almost always disappears whenever I lock it or after a very long time of surfing

I tried #1234# on my phone but it doesnt work (it tells me connection problem or invalid MMI code). Is there any other way for me to check my modem?

Go to phone setting > More > Device info > Baseband version. and tell me what does it say there :)

earlyyyyyyyy

Jun 30, 2013
oh damn. missed the * .. i need glasses
Go to phone setting > More > Device info > Baseband version. and tell me what does it say there :)

AP: API9505XXUEMK8
CP: I9505XXUEMK9

Baseband version is I9505XXUEMK9

Also, iwas gonna make a ninja edit but you guys were too fast to reply. I am subscribed to an LTE data plan however I only get H+. At one point, I compared my phone to my friend and he had 4g while i still had H+ (same phone, same provider(?)) You think this is because of my custom ROM?

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
oh damn. missed the * .. i need glasses

AP: API9505XXUEMK8
CP: I9505XXUEMK9

Baseband version is I9505XXUEMK9

Also, iwas gonna make a ninja edit but you guys were too fast to reply. I am subscribed to an LTE data plan however I only get H+. At one point, I compared my phone to my friend and he had 4g while i still had H+ (same phone, same provider(?)) You think this is because of my custom ROM?

Try to go to phone setting>More network > mobile> access point names and check if your apn/service providers is right and Verify the network mode of your phone. if the problem still persist try to change the modem from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192025 . Have a nice day.

earlyyyyyyyy

Jun 30, 2013
Try to go to phone setting>More network > mobile> access point names and check if your apn/service providers is right and Verify the network mode of your phone. if the problem still persist try to change the modem from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192025 . Have a nice day.

Thank you for your reply. Everything is correct in my APN settings but whenever I change the "bearer" option to LTE, I get no signal at all, even H+. However, If I leave the bearer on "unspecified", I get H+ but no 4g.

My friend is on stock rom (i9505 GLB region) and I heard rumors that they change the H+ icon to 4gLTE. Can this be the case?
lastly, what modem do you suggest I flash on my phone? mk8 or mk9?

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Thank you for your reply. Everything is correct in my APN settings but whenever I change the "bearer" option to LTE, I get no signal at all, even H+. However, If I leave the bearer on "unspecified", I get H+ but no 4g.

My friend is on stock rom (i9505 GLB region) and I heard rumors that they change the H+ icon to 4gLTE. Can this be the case?
lastly, what modem do you suggest I flash on my phone? mk8 or mk9?

What is the region of ur phone? If is GLB (as ur friend) u have a big update: HERE for flash it with ODIN :highfive: