[ROM][4.4.4][YP-G1][17/09/14] CarbonRom (Unofficial)

Search This thread

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
I can see what I can do but it can be out of my scope. Also relating to voltage, the interface doesn't allow for dynamic changes to the voltage. (unless it was working before for you which I would be surprised loool)

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Lol no it wasn't I was getting the SOD when changing voltage on the last build. However, I really want the devs to look into the audiomix wakelock issue on 4.4 lol. 4.2/4.3 don't have this issue but 4.4 does which is odd to me.

Sent from my YP-G1 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398188005909.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398188005909.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 119

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Lol no it wasn't I was getting the SOD when changing voltage on the last build. However, I really want the devs to look into the audiomix wakelock issue on 4.4 lol. 4.2/4.3 don't have this issue but 4.4 does which is odd to me.

Hmm I don't know really what's the cause of the issue so I can't really help for that matter, maybe you have an app always causing wakelocks. (like a music app or the process 1013 in this case)

Here's a wakelock screenshot I had but it was during listening some music and it stopped as soon as I stopped the application (though I greenify the app just to be sure)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-23-19-59-36.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-23-19-59-36.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 98

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
Hmm I don't know really what's the cause of the issue so I can't really help for that matter, maybe you have an app always causing wakelocks. (like a music app or the process 1013 in this case)

Here's a wakelock screenshot I had but it was during listening some music and it stopped as soon as I stopped the application (though I greenify the app just to be sure)

Yeah it only happens when listening to music. That wakelock is from V4A and system sounds. However, this problem wasn't on previous versions of android which is odd.

Last edited:

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
I'm using the updated version but this seems like a kitkat only issue. I've seem some threads on it but all don't know what is going on lol.

Does your device partially sleep when using nplayer

Yeah it was partially sleeping but I needed to greenify it to be sure that it was completely sleeping. Also, I'm not using any mods for the audio.

TrojanDad

Aug 27, 2012
@zaclimon, thank you for adding the volume steps to the sound settings. You are awesome!

Any chance that the same can be added if you make a CarbonRom for the YP-G70?

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
@zaclimon, thank you for adding the volume steps to the sound settings. You are awesome!

Any chance that the same can be added if you make a CarbonRom for the YP-G70?

Well I didn't added them, they were already added on Carbon by default. So if I happen to make a rom for the 5.0, it would already be there. I'll look into it, I've already seen interest for this rom from 5.0 users.

yaser8610

Mar 9, 2014
dsp manager sound is better or v4 ?

i buy a philips headset for my sgp

but i feel sound of player not good

if i relocate viper 4 in rom that help me to heard good sound as dsp ?

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal

@obscuresword says that V4A works though it's more prone for you to have wakelocks which in the long run would give you hiccups with the battery. Though yes it is supposed to modify the sound to your liking.

henk5066

Apr 29, 2013
Northborough
When i was trying to flash carbon over cyanogenmod i had a few issues. I would get a message that the aosp keyboard fails constantly, also i had issues when trying to flash the gapps. In the end i went back to cyanogenmod, i love the concept of this mod. but i wish i could use it with out having my device crash consistently.

Reactions: trainman261

striked0wn

Feb 22, 2013
If anyone is interested in testing:
http://d-h.st/cOz
This is a carbon nightly build with the sources from 25/04.. but build with -O2 optimizations for all targets (including target thumb) (-O2=optimized for speed).. and linaro gcc 4.8..:)(using JustArchi's ArchiDroid optimizations) +a little art fix that art is working.. BUT dalvik is recommended cause it's currently faster than art when build with -O2 (at least in my opinion)..:).. please test and give some feedback if all is working as it should.. it should be fast as hell..;)
Edit: Kernel is working too with a memset fix.. but it's recommended to use Impulse kernel build with linaro gcc 4.7.4 and -O3 optimizations.. :)
edit: this is only a test build (and i need testers) and if its working properly a new rom is coming.. (ArchiDroid).. :p..;)

Last edited:

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012

V4A provides better sound than dsp manager. It gives you better than power amp quality equalization and has a host of features to adjust the sound to your liking like Zaclimon said. But yeah I've been having wake lock issues on 4.4 when listening to music. I'm not sure if V4A is the cause, but when I play music, as I shown above, the device just remains awake. However, this problem never existed on 4.3 or 4.2 roms. In my opinion it is worth the extra 3-4% battery drain lol. I couldn't go back using regular DSP manager with Poweramp's equalize haha.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223 <--Link to V4A you might not even have issues

Last edited:
Reactions: yaser8610

yaser8610

Mar 9, 2014
V4A provides better sound than dsp manager. It gives you better than power amp quality equalization and has a host of features to adjust the sound to your liking like Zaclimon said. But yeah I've been having wake lock issues on 4.4 when listening to music. I'm not sure if V4A is the cause, but when I play music, as I shown above, the device just remains awake. However, this problem never existed on 4.3 or 4.2 roms. In my opinion it is worth the extra 3-4% battery drain lol. I couldn't go back using regular DSP manager with Poweramp's equalize haha.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223 <--Link to V4A you might not even have issues

I'm curious to test it
for me hearing good sound very important :cyclops:

i try to replace v4a with viper instruction but it unsuccessful

plz help to change dsp :)

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
I'm curious to test it
for me hearing good sound very important :cyclops:

i try to replace v4a with viper instruction but it unsuccessful

plz help to change dsp :)

Uninstall DSP manager, by either doing it with "Titanium Backup" or by getting "system app mover", setting it to a normal app, and then uninstalling it like a regular app. After that download V4A apk from their link. Version 2322, 2326, 2330 are the only ones that work with 4.4 properly. Just follow what it says when at the prompt when you first install and you should be fine. If you have anymore questions about V4A personal message me or write in the V4A forum. I don't want to clutter up Zaclimon's Carbon rom thread.

Last edited:

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
At first I wasn't having problems with the new build but after a few days I started getting lockups and freezes do to ram consumption. Anyone else got this issue.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398965286442.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398965286442.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

yaser8610

Mar 9, 2014
At first I wasn't having problems with the new build but after a few days I started getting lockups and freezes do to ram consumption. Anyone else got this issue.

when i open 2 or more app i getting freeze device

my governer setting: interactive and i/o scheduler:row

TrojanDad

Aug 27, 2012

Mine started acting up two days ago. Very laggy, and battery life of less than two hours from fully charged to fully depleted with the unit sitting on the table. It now does not recognize the microSD card.

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
Mine started acting up two days ago. Very laggy, and battery life of less than two hours from fully charged to fully depleted with the unit sitting on the table. It now does not recognize the microSD card.

This can't be a coincidence because mines doesn't want to recognize the SD card either, and battery life is bad even on standby. I think it may have to do with the Carbon update notification I got around the same time.

TrojanDad

Aug 27, 2012
This can't be a coincidence because mines doesn't want to recognize the SD card either, and battery life is bad even on standby. I think it may have to do with the Carbon update notification I got around the same time.

I had been using the plain cm11 since February. I flashed the 20140419 build of Carbon a couple of weeks ago and it was working well, until last weekend.

I found the LOST.DIR folder on the microSD card had 115 items, totaling over 6 GB of space. The same folder is empty on all of my other cards as well as on the sgp. I wonder if that has anything to do with this.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Gapps Downloads (Banks)

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Bugs

Same as CM11...

Thanks

Carbon Team
    Cyanogenmod
    Bbelos

Device-specific Changelog:

Code:
    16-05-14:
    - Ramdisk compression changes
    - Fixes for google camera

19-04-14:
    - 720p Video recording (and 480p fix)
    - Fixed Camera tile preview
    - Fixed Headphone button (for play/pause)

23-03-14:
    - Fixed GPS and Bluetooth
    - Touchscreen now works in recovery
    - Misc improvements

07-03-14:
    - Initial Release
    Update!

Hey it's been a long so I thought I could drop in an update in case you've been waiting for new stuff

16/05:

- Little ramdisk changes (results in a lower sized boot.img)
    - Fix for google camera
    - Upstream changes (New theme provider, checkbox for high-res graphics, omni switch, etc)

I didn't tested yet impulse with this build but I assume it will work no problem, though I'll update impulse next week with this new change.

Enjoy!! :)

EDIT: Removed for the time being, there's a crash with systemui, I'll recompile with the fix.
    Alright new build available guys on the dev-host folder:

06/07

Upstream carbon changes (Google update service wakelock fix as the main important change for some)

A new CM build with the changes will come tomorrow.

Enjoy!! :)
    very nice , goood and beauty rom

thanks carbon :D

after flash this rom my headset button not respond in music apps like poweramp

i need it

where is the problem ?

I found the issue, it will be fixed in the next build.