No baseband or imei.. help..

Search This thread

TrekHackz

Mar 14, 2014
Hi! I just got my hands on a S3 LTE edition! i9305.. And the baseband shows unknown.. and there is no imei.. i have no backup of efs or imei from before.. its my freinds phone.. so is there anyway to fix this? It also reboots every 5 minutes.. if there is anyone who knows.. would be great to know..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

spiderman07

Dec 13, 2012
well with no IMEI there isn't much you can do..that is store on a separated chip on the motherboard of the phone...IMEI is unique to all phones...with no back-up you need to change that chip or entire motherboard...as for the baseband it's easy...flash firmware for your country from samfirmware.com

TrekHackz

Mar 14, 2014
Anyway to create a imei file an enter the imei under the battery?.. it all happenden when i lost it in water for a little while.. reboots every 5 minutes and no baseband or imei.. any other solution than giving it to a service center?..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
You dropped it in water...

Unless you quickly remove the battery and leave it sitting in rice for a few days straight afterwards there is nothing you can do.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

rnpkr

Oct 29, 2011
In my case .. I leave my phone without the battery and battery cover on top of wifi router ( air hole side up) over night. And flashed stock based custom rom and worked for me... hope it will help

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Yes that can work. But unless you take out the battery as soon as it gets wet then it's all over