GPS lock issues anyone?

Search This thread

MeestaAytch

Aug 15, 2012
City of Angels
So just curious...I know there are folks out there with GPS lock issues and the number of ways to fix it... But they don't exactly pertain to me. Not sure if anyone else sees exactly this so here goes:

I can't get a lock on stock roms. If I do it's after waiting upwards of thirty minutes. When it locks it will get lost 2 minutes later. Without fail. This is any ROM based on stock.

AOSP on the other hand... Instant lock. Works without issues. Can drive for hours and not worry even cross country. So.....huh?!

I have used a GPS fix app to no avail and can't assume hardware since it does work on aosp... Any others seeing the same as me? It's killing me because I do want to use stock for other features of my phone but can't because of the constant need to use GPS.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
Well I recently had the opposite problem. What I did was copy the gps.conf file from my stock setup and saved it in a folder. Then when I went to AOSP, I replaced that gps.conf with the one I saved earlier. Just set permissions to RW-R-R and reboot. Worked like a charm for me.

Obviously your situation is the exact opposite. But I don't think it can hurt to give it a shot.

MeestaAytch

Aug 15, 2012
City of Angels
I've actually done that lol. It doesn't change a thing with stock crazy enough. It's just one of those weird things that forces me to stay aosp and miss out on features I guess.

Akshaimk

May 25, 2012
Try this

So just curious...I know there are folks out there with GPS lock issues and the number of ways to fix it... But they don't exactly pertain to me. Not sure if anyone else sees exactly this so here goes:

I can't get a lock on stock roms. If I do it's after waiting upwards of thirty minutes. When it locks it will get lost 2 minutes later. Without fail. This is any ROM based on stock.

AOSP on the other hand... Instant lock. Works without issues. Can drive for hours and not worry even cross country. So.....huh?!

I have used a GPS fix app to no avail and can't assume hardware since it does work on aosp... Any others seeing the same as me? It's killing me because I do want to use stock for other features of my phone but can't because of the constant need to use GPS.

Had the issue on stock 4.2.2 . I updated it to 4.4.2 and now it locks instantly.
Then I tried cloudystock rom and now its better.

Top Liked Posts