[UNOFFICIAL]CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL Builds for D2VZW GSIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mastamoon

Sep 17, 2010
Central NJ
This thread is for UNOFFICAL CM10.1 Builds. All are welcome to post their builds! :D You can find many of us in IRC, freenode #verizons3.

Other Threads of Interest
OFFICIAL CM10.1 builds - [OFFICIAL]CM10.1 Official Nightlies for D2VZW GSIII
Q&A Thread for CM10.1 - [Official] CM 10.1 Q&A Thread.
Linaro unofficial builds - [UNOFFICIAL][LINARO]CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL builds w/ Linaro for D2VZW

My 'semi'daily builds.
Here is my 7/31 build. Repo Sync @ around 11:00 AM EST

This ROM now uses a service from www.romdashboard.com that allows instant notifications and downloads of my daily updates. You will see an app in your app-drawer that enables this service called "ROMdb Dev Tool". Please don't remove this unless you don't want to use the notification service. No other mods are built in so if you block/delete/freeze that app, that should be the end of it. When an update is uploaded, you will get a notification that an update is ready. Click download and you are ready to go. The ROM gets downloaded to /sdcard/download folder.

Download - http://bit.ly/1cooKbo / MD5SUM - 88fe3b9d2b4c3988ac449f0572005894

Recommended GAPPS (20130301) - http://bit.ly/13Mcy2N
Recommended Firmware (VRBMF1) - http://bit.ly/1aIhVR3
Recommended Firmware (VRBMB1) - http://bit.ly/1b08F8h
New favorite boot animation (flash in recovery) - http://bit.ly/13Gnle3

Cherry Picks:

Reverts:

Uncommited Tweaks
  • Tweaked MMS image attachment size (attachment size limit, dimensions, user-agent and UAProf)
  • re-enabled Standalone Power Collapse - was disabled by cyanogen a few months back, just testing to see if anything bad happens turning it back on
  • tweaked LTE signalbar display

Enjoy!

Last edited:

termleech

Nov 12, 2010
McPherson, KS
www.codemonkeyjava.com
So just FYI I've got (on a CM derived ROM) audio working perfectly (and confirmed by multiple people) with no lags or stuttering. This includes bluetooth streaming, talking, etc. In call volume is working perfectly as is speakerphone. If you need any help mastamoon getting it working on your builds let me know I'll be happy to help.

Chris123NT

Nov 12, 2012
Malabar, FL
So just FYI I've got (on a CM derived ROM) audio working perfectly (and confirmed by multiple people) with no lags or stuttering. This includes bluetooth streaming, talking, etc. In call volume is working perfectly as is speakerphone. If you need any help mastamoon getting it working on your builds let me know I'll be happy to help.
Well this would just be awesome. This is exactly what I'm looking for, a build with all of these things working. I was so happy when BT audio worked in the beginning, and then they borked it in the name of open source lol.

And the worst part is JB TW ROMs crackle on BT for me, but ICS roms are fine, which makes no sense whatsoever but whatever.

Last edited:

Recon0212

Jul 7, 2012
Sweet, I've used your build before. Now has the most recent ones fixed the weak signal issues? I have full bars where I am now on 4.1.2, but with 4.2 before I had 0-1

M Diddy

Dec 23, 2010
Sweet, I've used your build before. Now has the most recent ones fixed the weak signal issues? I have full bars where I am now on 4.1.2, but with 4.2 before I had 0-1

Probobly not as the RIL is still a mess on 4.2 for the d2.

I know the CM guys are working on (invisiblek) so hopefully we'll have some stuff ironed out soon.

M Diddy

Dec 23, 2010
Masta,

One thing. I'm on your 1-10 build and everything is gravy, except battery life. For some reason, Maps is using a lot of battery even though I haven't even opened the app. Any idea what's causing that?

mastamoon

Sep 17, 2010
Central NJ
Masta,

One thing. I'm on your 1-10 build and everything is gravy, except battery life. For some reason, Maps is using a lot of battery even though I haven't even opened the app. Any idea what's causing that?

I hear opening and closing Maps fixes battery drain. I keep maps frozen on my phone to stop all battery drain from location services. I don't think anything I pick/reverted should cause battery issues, but one never knows.

fluffman86

May 29, 2008
Masta, thanks for the builds. I've been on your stuff mostly since 12-18 official, which I downgraded to your unofficial. Only thing that really bothers me and my wife is the low volume on video recording. 12/17 everything was fine, but by 12/27 everything was soft. I've been dirty flashing (occasionally wiping cache/dalvik, but not data) since CM 10 back in August/September. Any idea on what's going on and why your original unofficial cm 10.1 builds worked but now they've stopped?

mastamoon

Sep 17, 2010
Central NJ
Masta, thanks for the builds. I've been on your stuff mostly since 12-18 official, which I downgraded to your unofficial. Only thing that really bothers me and my wife is the low volume on video recording. 12/17 everything was fine, but by 12/27 everything was soft. I've been dirty flashing (occasionally wiping cache/dalvik, but not data) since CM 10 back in August/September. Any idea on what's going on and why your original unofficial cm 10.1 builds worked but now they've stopped?

Hey, thanks!

That was around the time that BT audio and such died.. so maybe these audio related reverts fix that also. Give my next build a try and let us know how recording is. My phone has always seems to have ok recording volume, through both clean and dirty flashing officials and unofficials.

jasonfreeland

Aug 6, 2010

Have you released this if so where? I didn't see anything other than your Nexus 7 stuff.

rampantandroid

Nov 17, 2008
Running Mastamoon's build from the 10th, I'm seeing that when I walk in to work and in to wifi coverage, it takes a while for my wifi symbol to turn blue. This is a similar issue of when I walk out of the parking garage, it takes a bit for the 3G/4G symbol to turn blue - and I'm totally blocked from doing data during this time. Is this known about? What must I provide log wise to help diagnose this?

mastamoon

Sep 17, 2010
Central NJ
Here is my daily unofficial build for 01/11, Repo Sync as of 3:00PM EST - http://d-h.st/vnw

Cherry Picks:

Reverts:

As always check here to see what my repo sync may have missed: CM Gerrit - Merged

Enjoy!

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I hear opening and closing Maps fixes battery drain. I keep maps frozen on my phone to stop all battery drain from location services. I don't think anything I pick/reverted should cause battery issues, but one never knows.

I've tried that but it still drains on maps and location services. I have found that a reboot almost always fixes it. When it doesn't I just freeze it in TiB as well.

atc3030

Feb 9, 2009
Here is my daily unofficial build for 01/11, Repo Sync as of 3:00PM EST - http://d-h.st/vnw

Cherry Picks:

Reverts:

As always check here to see what my repo sync may have missed: CM Gerrit - Merged

Enjoy!

Will any/all of these changes ever been implemented into the official nightlies?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

pitmanr2003

Nov 8, 2009
Does this have the nav bar. I love cm but use aokp cause I can't live with out nav
Bar
Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

wctaylor79

Mar 11, 2010
Masta.. Yesterday and today build. The phone won't work with wired headset. Works on official not on yours. Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts