[Q] htc amaze 4g

Search This thread

PUNEET0007

Jan 8, 2014
phone is in excellent condition..but network has gone far away..there is showing no IMEI ,BASEBAND UNKNOWN . please help me out from this...
now phone is like an i pod..:crying::confused:

mansa_noob

Feb 21, 2012
Markham
Use the ruu to flash again. May fix.

noobish comments:
-- As the story says, a kiss turned my G2X into an HTC Ruby!

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
have done that but still not working and i brought it from outside india . this phone is not lunched in india..:(
so what to do ?
and how to do ?:confused:

You don't give many details for us to help you with. Which version of the Amaze do you have? There are several. Is it the T-Mobile US, generic unbranded, Asian, or from one of the Canadian carriers? It matters because they each have their own ruu to flash that's different from each other. Did you get it used? Which version of Android was on the device originally? Was it already rooted when you got it or did you do it yourself? There are other questions, but you can't honestly think you can post in a forum asking for help, but give no details and think anyone can answer, do you?

The starting point is to tell us which Amaze you have. If you don't know then find out. Next is to tell us what you did or were doing to it prior to its failure and any changes you made to it from stock.

mgp53

Same thing occurred with my handset. Ism US T-Mobile, s=on. Been using NRG ROM for over a year. Suddenly I had no service. No imei number. Reinstalled via the ruu, no luck. Read somewhere its a failure in the motherboard. Picked up a nice used amaze locally, but would like to get the other one going..

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

PUNEET0007

Jan 8, 2014
htc amaze x715e

Its is HTC amaze x715e
IMEI : ************ which is not showing
s/n : **********
i brought it from india..but it is from HK
i have shown this to many mobile tachnicians but no result is out .
there is no network and no IMEI.
full specification
model : x715e
CPu : 1.5 ghz, dual core
platform : android with htc sense
network : HSPA/WCDMA (850/900/2100 MHZ)
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
Um, you should never post your full information like that on a forum.

Just an fyi.

I don't think that anyone here would do anything, but if it's in the wrong hands......

Reactions: Odysseus1962

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
Its is HTC amaze x715e
IMEI : xxxxxxxx which is not showing
s/n : xxxxxxxx
full specification

I believe you misunderstood me. You went from one extreme (giving no info) to the other (too much and the wrong type of info)
Please as soon as you read this post edit it to remove your IMEI and serial number. Hackers can use that information to clone the numbers to another device then cause you all kinds of problems.

I was more interested in who the original carrier was and what you had done or were doing in terms of modding your handset, so I could figure out what went wrong and guide you towards flashing the correct factory restore image.

If you're running a stock ROM you can look through your build.prop file which is in the system folder and it will give a carrier ID. That CID will tell us which carriers ROM is on your handset so we can point you towards flashing the correct image. If the phone has been modded then we'll have to guess.
Are you on ICS or GB? Is the ROM stock or aftermarket?

These are the pertinent answers we were looking for.

Just an fyi.

I don't think that anyone here would do anything, but if it's in the wrong hands......

Yeah Chevy when I saw that I about had a heart attack! Obviously he has no idea what damage can be done to him with the information he's just exposed. I'm going to flag his post so maybe a mod can edit it quickly. With the time difference between here and India it could be up like that for hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: chevycowboyusa

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
Same thing occurred with my handset. Ism US T-Mobile, s=on. Been using NRG ROM for over a year. Suddenly I had no service. No imei number. Reinstalled via the ruu, no luck. Read somewhere its a failure in the motherboard. Picked up a nice used amaze locally, but would like to get the other one going..

Thanks for any help.

:D

It wouldn't surprise me if what's going on is the freaking TI chip that's causing us so many problems in porting newer versions of sense and Android is failing. It would just be too ironic if that were the case. It just seems as though there's been a slew of these type posts lately.

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
Now I know what it's to be alone in the universe.

I think that a majority of issue that are developing are due mostly to SIM card or hardware failure.

The software hasn't changed, so it has to be something else, unless an app is interfering.

The biggest hold up for Ravike is software right now. There is no team of Texas instruments people working on software for a chip they no longer support.

Without the drivers it's like asking a kid to build a house. The materials are available, but you have to do it from the ground up without blueprints. Oh and you don't have a hammer.... Lol

mgp53

I'd hoped it was SIM card related, but I'm afraid it's a hardware failure. The card works fine in wife's phone, and now in the replacement Amaze. EVERYTHING else works fine. The cell signal is just gone.

Relocked and loaded the ruu, no go, Maybe it's just a matter of time.:(

Now I know what it's to be alone in the universe.

I think that a majority of issue that are developing are due mostly to SIM card or hardware failure.

The software hasn't changed, so it has to be something else, unless an app is interfering.

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
Fatty donated his amaze to me. It had the she issue. There's actually an easy fix for it. You have to buy a patty for it then carefully pull the plastic casing that the battery fits into and then remove and replace the SIM and sdcard slot.
Fixed it in about ten minutes.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Damn spell check.

You have to buy the replacement part

Reactions: mgp53

Muneeb Saeed

Jul 17, 2013
Hafizabad
yeah had the same problem

I'd hoped it was SIM card related, but I'm afraid it's a hardware failure. The card works fine in wife's phone, and now in the replacement Amaze. EVERYTHING else works fine. The cell signal is just gone.

Relocked and loaded the ruu, no go, Maybe it's just a matter of time.:(]

I had the same problem and and did every thing to fix it but in the end i had to reclaim warranty and that took about a month or more if you don't have warrant then do as Chevy has stated but if don't want to do it yourself their are good repair shops and i would suggest buying the original parts cause i bought cheap ones once and destroyed my whole cell phone :p.
P.S. if you have have warranty i can show you how to completely lock boot-loader because a relocked boot loader is not acceptable and you get your warranty void.

Last edited:

mgp53

Thanks Chevy,
I searched all over for solutions/info on the problem and your comment is the first to offer a REAL solution. The 10.00 part is ordered. Wished I had known before picking up a used Amaze locally :(
I really like this phone, if it solves the problem, I'll have a fully functioning backup.
Thanks again

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
You're welcome. I was thinking about it and then remembered that that was the issue with the phone fatty sent me. I can walk you through the replacement when you get it. hit me up on gtalk when you are ready. It's really easy to do. You probably want to get the special torx screwdriver as well. There's a kit for opening the case, but I used some jewellers screwdrivers.

Does the sdcard pop in and out ok? That's another sign of the bad part.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just an fyi.

Its is HTC amaze x715e
    IMEI : xxxxxxxx which is not showing
    s/n : xxxxxxxx
    full specification

I believe you misunderstood me. You went from one extreme (giving no info) to the other (too much and the wrong type of info)
    Please as soon as you read this post edit it to remove your IMEI and serial number. Hackers can use that information to clone the numbers to another device then cause you all kinds of problems.

I was more interested in who the original carrier was and what you had done or were doing in terms of modding your handset, so I could figure out what went wrong and guide you towards flashing the correct factory restore image.

If you're running a stock ROM you can look through your build.prop file which is in the system folder and it will give a carrier ID. That CID will tell us which carriers ROM is on your handset so we can point you towards flashing the correct image. If the phone has been modded then we'll have to guess.
    Are you on ICS or GB? Is the ROM stock or aftermarket?

These are the pertinent answers we were looking for.

Just an fyi.

Yeah Chevy when I saw that I about had a heart attack! Obviously he has no idea what damage can be done to him with the information he's just exposed. I'm going to flag his post so maybe a mod can edit it quickly. With the time difference between here and India it could be up like that for hours.
    Ok if you r not understanding then can you tell us did you update to ics officially or yourself.

Chewy your post made me both laugh and cry

Typos

Chewy your post made me both laugh and cry

The way you spelled "Chevy" made me cry. ;)

:crying: lol