Heartbleed vulnerability in Android 4.1.1

Search This thread

vacsed

Jun 11, 2007
Luxembourg
Google has officially stated that Android 4.1.1 is vulnerable:
http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.ca/2014/04/google-services-updated-to-address.html

This is a notice for anyone else on the Stock ROM as I am pretty sure this was the last supported update from HTC.

Pretty sure my wife's HTC One S (Ville) is on this version. Will verify when I get home. Time to root and flash her phone this weekend :D

Anyway to patch this flaw myself using root access? I really don't have time to install and configure a new ROM...

I guess there is no official word from HTC neither...?

Hiken_Ace

Nov 19, 2011
Kiev
I think it's just HTC wanting us to buy new devices that's all.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

TheXorg

Aug 22, 2013
Germany, Thüringen
Could anyone with more programming skills than me try one of the following:
1) wrap this in a zip file we can flash from recovery
2) incorporate it into the Xposed framework

Many thanks if someone can accomplish this!

Maybe you can try my patch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqxfjwwja3uaqsn/install-patch.zip

It uses a libssl.so from a LG Optimus L5 II (4.1.2) and it works on my TrekStor Surftab Ventos 10.1 :)

If your device does't boot after you've installed it:
The patch creates a backup of your libssl.so at /system/libssl.backup.so, so just replace /system/lib/libssl.so with that backup file ;)

Cheers, Xorg

Edit: updated link

Last edited:

efbatey

Sep 3, 2012
HTC 800# When patch my One S 4.1.1: "I can't Comment"

Google has officially stated that Android 4.1.1 is vulnerable:

This is a notice for anyone else on the Stock ROM as I am pretty sure this was the last supported update from HTC.

Pretty sure my wife's HTC One S (Ville) is on this version. Will verify when I get home. Time to root and flash her phone this weekend :D

-- More or less revenue for HTC: Phonecon with HTC Toll Free#, US. Over 10 minutes tech reading to me how HTC is dedicated to security, ... customers .. asked when patch will issue for my 2012 HTC One S .. Answer: "I can't comment" .. Not planning on a 4th HTC in my life. /Ev :crying:

wendroid

Jul 17, 2010
Link doesn't work

Maybe you can try my patch: http://tslink.tk/hb-inst-2

It uses a libssl.so from a LG Optimus L5 II (4.1.2) and it works on my TrekStor Surftab Ventos 10.1 :)

If your device does't boot after you've installed it:
The patch creates a backup of your libssl.so at /system/libssl.backup.so, so just replace /system/lib/libssl.so with that backup file ;)

Cheers, Xorg

Can you repost the link? I'd like to try it on my Archos 80 Titanium tablet. Stuck on 4.1.1 with no custom roms available for this tablet :eek:

Superchill11

Mar 25, 2011
I'm s off, have twrp installed and on stock ROM. Would like to install this update, or get a 4.2.2 or 4.3 stable fully functional ROM. Do you think flashing stock recovery and then ota would work even if I'm s off. Should still be able to boot an ruu from fastboot even if I boot loop. Suggestions on custom roms?

Edit: Used flashalot's recovery switcher to flash stock recovery, rebooted, then flashed the ota update. After update I lost root, but still have s off.

Plan on fastboot flashing another recovery, then flashing su binary again from the new recovery.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

MoeDee

Mar 15, 2010
Marietta, GA
Anyone interested in that OTA zip ?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

This might help...

If you have the OTA.zip file... but custom recovery and such like TMUS application removed..

This will wipe your phone. Making a backup is not optional !!!
http://sadevil.org/blog/2012/12/23/manually-flashing-an-ota-update/

This looks somewhat straight forward.. If you want to get the OTA downloaded:
got to settings .. and manage to get the software update.. It will download eventually into your Download folder ..

Do not Apply the OTA at this point.. select install later!!!

pull the file on your PC/Mac/Linux box and modify as described in the URL above..

reboot your phone and the OTA should not bother you ... if you have pulled (like in remove) or at least renamed the OTA file..

Before you push Firmware.. and such make sure you have made a backup with CWM !!! or whatever method you are using!!!
also make sure you have your custom recovery image somewhere available and maybe a su.zip cwm file as you may loose root as well.. not sure..
If you have rooted your HTC one S your self - this should not be hard to DIY..

Currently I am at work and cannot try it out myself .. but definitly will do it once back at home later..

Godspeed to all of you brave hackers..

Last edited:

daspi

Jul 22, 2013
I'm s off, have twrp installed and on stock ROM. Would like to install this update, or get a 4.2.2 or 4.3 stable fully functional ROM. Do you think flashing stock recovery and then ota would work even if I'm s off. Should still be able to boot an ruu from fastboot even if I boot loop. Suggestions on custom roms?

Edit: Used flashalot's recovery switcher to flash stock recovery, rebooted, then flashed the ota update. After update I lost root, but still have s off.

Plan on fastboot flashing another recovery, then flashing su binary again from the new recovery.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA Free mobile app

Same situation here. Stock ROM and Rooted and S-off. Constant nag to apply the OTA update but not working. Looking for a way to do it easy. How should I proceed? Don't want to wipe the phone and create all my settings again if possible. Can I reverse S-Off and apply OTA update somehow?

Top Liked Posts