[HELP] SIM Contacts missing after reboot

Search This thread

xlSKYFiRElx

Apr 24, 2014
Sector One
So i've been playing with a Stable and Up-To-Date Custom ROM with my Ace-i (i won't say it so there will be no problem, but it is for personal use only)

i've tried to delete some .apk on the .zip file of the ROM and flash it, and so. but later on i experienced some crazy error or bug maybe. whenever i reboot my device safely, my SIM Contacts keep missing .. i think its being deleted .. it is saved in SIM Directory,

also i am shutting down and restarting my phone properly using the power button.

i also tried to reinstall a fresh, clean, copy of the ROM i use and still happens, anyone know why this odd problem happens ??

please help thank you :)

UPDATE: i reverted to Stock Ace-i GB ROM, as usual none of the contacts saved in my SIM Directory showed but after i added 1 contact, it all showed up. i'll try to reflash the rom and see if it will happen again. this is really really odd to happen

Last edited:

amolgosavi

Sep 12, 2013
*MUMBAI*
So i've been playing with a Stable and Up-To-Date Custom ROM with my Ace-i (i won't say it so there will be no problem, but it is for personal use only)

i've tried to delete some .apk on the .zip file of the ROM and flash it, and so. but later on i experienced some crazy error or bug maybe. whenever i reboot my device safely, my SIM Contacts keep missing .. i think its being deleted .. it is saved in SIM Directory,

also i am shutting down and restarting my phone properly using the power button.

i also tried to reinstall a fresh, clean, copy of the ROM i use and still happens, anyone know why this odd problem happens ??

please help thank you :)

UPDATE: i reverted to Stock Ace-i GB ROM, as usual none of the contacts saved in my SIM Directory showed but after i added 1 contact, it all showed up. i'll try to reflash the rom and see if it will happen again. this is really really odd to happen

I think that time you are on custom kernel...

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 5617821

yes i am using rafael's kernel.

UPDATE: so it seems that the SIM Contacts were not deleted after all, they are just missing and does not show up. anyone has an idea ?? please ?? :(

Next time before you flash a new rom, you can take a backup of your existing contacts. To do that go to Contacts>Contact Setting>Export to SD. You will get a .vcf file in SD Card. Once you have finished installing new rom, you can restore this backup by doing Contacts>Contact Setting>Import from SD Card and click on the .vcf file. Or your contacts are also synced with your google account. So whenever you log in to your google account, it will automatically sync you contacts back to your phone. Hope I Helped :)

Reactions: xlSKYFiRElx

xlSKYFiRElx

Apr 24, 2014
Sector One
Next time before you flash a new rom, you can take a backup of your existing contacts. To do that go to Contacts>Contact Setting>Export to SD. You will get a .vcf file in SD Card. Once you have finished installing new rom, you can restore this backup by doing Contacts>Contact Setting>Import from SD Card and click on the .vcf file. Or your contacts are also synced with your google account. So whenever you log in to your google account, it will automatically sync you contacts back to your phone. Hope I Helped :)

no it's not that i didn't know that they are deleted after flashing .. my contacts are saved on my SIM Card Memory so either if i flash a new rom or factory reset they don't disappear .. the problem is, i discovered that they are still inside my Sim Card memory .. the only problem is, they won't appear on my contacts .. and everytime i add a new contact, it disappears after reboot ..

nonetheless, i'll just try using Cloud Contacts from now on, :angel:

manos_mand

Nov 6, 2012
nafpaktos
no it's not that i didn't know that they are deleted after flashing .. my contacts are saved on my SIM Card Memory so either if i flash a new rom or factory reset they don't disappear .. the problem is, i discovered that they are still inside my Sim Card memory .. the only problem is, they won't appear on my contacts .. and everytime i add a new contact, it disappears after reboot ..

You can use the google sync to save your contacts.
You see in an other device if your contacts is insite and you cant see it with your ace?

D

Deleted member 5617821

Lol it's quite simple. The entire contact is in your SIM card but for them to be displayed into your phone, you just have to import them. Go to Contacts>Contact Settings>Import from SIM card. That's it. It will import all the SIM contacts to your phone. You will be now able to see all your contacts. Hope I Helped :)

xlSKYFiRElx

Apr 24, 2014
Sector One
Lol it's quite simple. The entire contact is in your SIM card but for them to be displayed into your phone, you just have to import them. Go to Contacts>Contact Settings>Import from SIM card. That's it. It will import all the SIM contacts to your phone. You will be now able to see all your contacts. Hope I Helped :)

already did that, but it also shows "No Contacts" .. considering that when i plug the sim to an non-android device like asha, it reads all of my sim contacts, im telling you it is really really odd :(

xlSKYFiRElx

Apr 24, 2014
Sector One
You can use the google sync to save your contacts.
You see in an other device if your contacts is insite and you cant see it with your ace?

yes correct, when i plug my SIM Card to another Device (iOS or Non-Android) it shows completely all of my contacts, but in my Android it doesn't .. this is the first time this happens to me .. i also tried flashing TouchWiz v9.5 but still happens,

only in stock rom does my contacts shows properly

amolgosavi

Sep 12, 2013
*MUMBAI*
yes correct, when i plug my SIM Card to another Device (iOS or Non-Android) it shows completely all of my contacts, but in my Android it doesn't .. this is the first time this happens to me .. i also tried flashing TouchWiz v9.5 but still happens,

only in stock rom does my contacts shows properly

Use stock kernel

D

Deleted member 5617821

already did that, but it also shows "No Contacts" .. considering that when i plug the sim to an non-android device like asha, it reads all of my sim contacts, im telling you it is really really odd :(

I know this happens sometime. Same thing happened to me once. Custom rom couldn't read the contacts from SIM but when I put this SIM in a Nokia phone, it could be easily read. But I always use Google sync which solves my problem.

zatarra86

Apr 28, 2014
OP, you're not alone, I'm also having this problem.

Suggesting one should rely on google to store contacts is not very helpful. One shouldn't have to rely on google. It's not an explanation or a solution.

Using the 'Import Contacts' function doesn't work, and that too should not be necessary.

This seems to be a problem with the 5830i only; I've tried using my SIM card with 4 different 5830s and all SIM contacts show up automatically (no 'importing' necessary).

People are suggesting it's something to do with the kernel? It would be nice to know which kernels contain this bug, and which custom ROMs address it. I'm running GB 2.3.6, and the kernel is 2.6.35.7 dpi@DELL150 #1.

amolgosavi

Sep 12, 2013
*MUMBAI*

Suggesting one should rely on google to store contacts is not very helpful. One shouldn't have to rely on google. It's not an explanation or a solution.

Using the 'Import Contacts' function doesn't work, and that too should not be necessary.

This seems to be a problem with the 5830i only; I've tried using my SIM card with 4 different 5830s and all SIM contacts show up automatically (no 'importing' necessary).

People are suggesting it's something to do with the kernel? It would be nice to know which kernels contain this bug, and which custom ROMs address it. I'm running GB 2.3.6, and the kernel is 2.6.35.7 dpi@DELL150 #1.

if you have backup of contacts in memory card then..go to file manager there you see your contacts backup file..just extract that file ... :)

zatarra86

Apr 28, 2014
if you have backup of contacts in memory card then..go to file manager there you see your contacts backup file..just extract that file ... :)

Should not be necessary, and only possible if one has another smartphone that doesn't suffer from the same problem. The 5830i can't copy contacts from the SIM card to the SD card because it can't detect them.

D

Deleted member 5617821

Buddy, if you can't get import to work, then you should rely on other services to store your contacts. We have already provided you with solutions that we know off. It's up to you to use them or not. Also I think @amolgosavi meant the Rafael Baugis stock kernel. Here is the link,

Rafael Baugis stock kernel

Make sure to use the "stock kernel and modules". Hope I Helped :)

amolgosavi

Sep 12, 2013
*MUMBAI*
Buddy, if you can't get import to work, then you should rely on other services to store your contacts. We have already provided you with solutions that we know off. It's up to you to use them or not. Also I think @amolgosavi meant the Rafael Baugis stock kernel. Here is the link,

Rafael Baugis stock kernel

Make sure to use the "stock kernel and modules". Hope I Helped :)

rafael baugus kernel is not stock kernel..its stock based custom kernel..

D

Deleted member 5617821

Bro, I know. That's why I said Rafael Baugis stock kernel meaning a stock based custom kernel made by Rafael Baugis :)

D

Deleted member 5617821

It seems the problem is with the kernel. Try flashing this kernel edited by Rafael Baugis and provided to us by @cooperke. It seems to have solved the problem for some users. Here is the link,

Can't read/show sim card !

Make sure to go through the entire thread. Hope I Helped :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5617821
    yes i am using rafael's kernel.

UPDATE: so it seems that the SIM Contacts were not deleted after all, they are just missing and does not show up. anyone has an idea ?? please ?? :(