[MOD] MMS Not working for you? Heres a fix!

Search This thread

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
Hello!, I've personally seen people struggle on these forums having a MMS Related issues, and i can honestly say more or less its not as much the rom, but more of the Files in it in general for your APN (access point names) and i know some of you already made this method by your experience, but i have still gotten requests for "how the h**l did you fix your MMS!?!?!!!!!! (enter any CDMA carrier name here) hasn't worked for me since android ICS! (Android 4.0.* )!!" Well i can honestly say its not as much as the MMS.apk (default Android SMS/MMS messenger), as much as it is the apns-conf.xml file in the /system/etc directory! i know this post may seem stupid to some higher-up knowledgeable people, but there's too many common-day users who have this issue and i'm getting frustrated as i'm trying to make better roms/apps and being distracted with hangouts messages/emails/PM's and even somehow random Facebook messages, that i'm just going to release my flashable zip that i use for my rom, and implemented to my future rom zips as an overlay, but for those with Constant MMS Related issues the main problem is that Cyanogenmod has the apns-conf.xml in single string notations (all in one line), while on some and or most APNs needed for carriers are needed to be separate lines for data/mms/tethering and so forth, so for the basic ones that i know this device (Samsung Fascinate) is usable with: (Straight talk, Verizon, Metro PCs, even Sprint / T-Mobile / and AT+T if you have you rom spoofed as GSM using a modified Voicemail Notification GSM Spoofing Exploit from the GEEWiz Rom's Github+some of my own ides mixed into it), and integrated the right codes into the rom+build.prop, as the radio still makes it read as w/e as I've tested using ESN/MEID tricks in-rom codes to test carrier signals (unreleased as its unstable, but i used a homemade Debugging method in the build.prop entries for carrier codes, and signal modifiers so ti can be done if you build from-source) but anyways here's a MMS Fix for the common CDMA Carriers this device is known to use in one flash-able zip (No MMS.apk included so it can be used with ANY Android version, but if it is MMS.apk's issues you wont have any MMS so you can test using this zip BEFORE complaining to the rom developer) Should work on ANY CMDA device, but i more focused on this one, but has proven to work on Samsung Galaxy S3 Running Verizon ( friends device on STOCK Rom (with custom recovery tho) having MMS Issues)

***Credits to Slim-Rom Developers At Least as i used their apns-conf.xml as a base with minor modifications***

Download:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589477

(if Error 404 file not found in the future since this posting, it is because it hasn't been downloaded within Android-File-Host's Required since-last-download time restrictions from their Terms-of-Services)

Last edited:
Reactions: layjn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!, I've personally seen people struggle on these forums having a MMS Related issues, and i can honestly say more or less its not as much the rom, but more of the Files in it in general for your APN (access point names) and i know some of you already made this method by your experience, but i have still gotten requests for "how the h**l did you fix your MMS!?!?!!!!!! (enter any CDMA carrier name here) hasn't worked for me since android ICS! (Android 4.0.* )!!" Well i can honestly say its not as much as the MMS.apk (default Android SMS/MMS messenger), as much as it is the apns-conf.xml file in the /system/etc directory! i know this post may seem stupid to some higher-up knowledgeable people, but there's too many common-day users who have this issue and i'm getting frustrated as i'm trying to make better roms/apps and being distracted with hangouts messages/emails/PM's and even somehow random Facebook messages, that i'm just going to release my flashable zip that i use for my rom, and implemented to my future rom zips as an overlay, but for those with Constant MMS Related issues the main problem is that Cyanogenmod has the apns-conf.xml in single string notations (all in one line), while on some and or most APNs needed for carriers are needed to be separate lines for data/mms/tethering and so forth, so for the basic ones that i know this device (Samsung Fascinate) is usable with: (Straight talk, Verizon, Metro PCs, even Sprint / T-Mobile / and AT+T if you have you rom spoofed as GSM using a modified Voicemail Notification GSM Spoofing Exploit from the GEEWiz Rom's Github+some of my own ides mixed into it), and integrated the right codes into the rom+build.prop, as the radio still makes it read as w/e as I've tested using ESN/MEID tricks in-rom codes to test carrier signals (unreleased as its unstable, but i used a homemade Debugging method in the build.prop entries for carrier codes, and signal modifiers so ti can be done if you build from-source) but anyways here's a MMS Fix for the common CDMA Carriers this device is known to use in one flash-able zip (No MMS.apk included so it can be used with ANY Android version, but if it is MMS.apk's issues you wont have any MMS so you can test using this zip BEFORE complaining to the rom developer) Should work on ANY CMDA device, but i more focused on this one, but has proven to work on Samsung Galaxy S3 Running Verizon ( friends device on STOCK Rom (with custom recovery tho) having MMS Issues)

***Credits to Slim-Rom Developers At Least as i used their apns-conf.xml as a base with minor modifications***

Download:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589477

(if Error 404 file not found in the future since this posting, it is because it hasn't been downloaded within Android-File-Host's Required since-last-download time restrictions from their Terms-of-Services)