[ROM|ND3|KitKat|4.4.2] Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4 Hybrid De[Odex] v1.0 -BeastMode Kernel-

Search This thread

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Hi guys, welcome to Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4. This ROM is 'Wizless' in that it doesn't have the Samsung launcher or widgets, and tries to remove as much bloatware as possible while maintaining a fully functional ROM.

[size=+1]Thanks:[/size]:

-Team Win, AlphaRev X, Unrevoked, CyanogenMod team, toastcfh, Shinzul, TrevE, dsixda, zeppelinrox, ch33kybutt, Death-M0nk, cayniarb, flipzmode, Mikedick, wildcatswr5, Ihtfp69, Team Bamf, aamikam, mwalt2, myn, eyeballer, viperboy, steal25, iconeo, eschelon, Rydah805, Nutzy, hockeyfamily737, J.eremy, frosty_ice, Vinchenzop, YACO, dropzeroc, Zanz, runandhide05, closeone, TweetyBear, smokin1337, gruesomewolf, Josh Beach, Cobraboy, Relo, Tex/Donald, Devon(devbro), Stephen, Justin Kluck, Mase, Dorian, Joe, everyone else in our awesome hangouts chat, my GF for putting up with seemingly endless hours of testing, Mike(micmars), Gus, Mike Chapman, Dunks(Kingsley), Brandon(Action B), Herk718, mythtrandyr, crpalmer, and the entire XDA community especially the modders, themers, and the helpful members. If I forgot you, or you would like to be included in the thanks list just because, shoot me a PM.

[size=+2]ROM Information[/size]:
Software version ND3 with Android 4.4.2

Zipaligned
Hybrid [De]Odexed
Removed bloat, Samsung launcher/widgets, and Play Store available apps.
Nexus bootanimation
4-in-1 Reboot menu
CRT animations
Nova Launcher included
Camera Shutter sound option
Included Dev Tools
App Ops in settings
Included AOSP Gallery
Random apk mods
Included AOSP Clock
Genie Widget from AOSP
Disable signature checking in services.jar
Unlocked a bunch of random options
Init.d support
Tweaked out Kernel Ramdisk (eliminates logging whenever possible, etc)
Tweaks galore (build.prop,init.d)
More stuff

[size=+2]Known Issues[/size]:
-Graphical glitch with CRT Mod in landscape. It's purely cosmetic and will be fixed in the future!

[size=+2]Kernel source[/size]:
BM-T320-Kernel

[size=+2]Removed packages (list)[/size]:
Coming

[size=+2]Removed packages (zip file)[/size]:
Coming

[size=+2]Addons[/size]:
None yet.

[size=+2]Download (full ROM)[/size]:
Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4 v1.0 BETA

Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4 v1.0 BETA MD5: 3be0c132a814fc9c33b08a3ea1930792

[size=+2]Download (updates)[/size]: These updates must be flashed on top of a full ROM.
None yet

XDA:DevDB Information
Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
freeza
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: ND3 (KitKat)

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2014-05-29

Created 2014-05-29
Last Updated 2014-05-30

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-01-00-05-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-01-00-05-29.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 563
  • Screenshot_2014-01-01-00-06-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-01-00-06-11.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 569
  • Screenshot_2014-01-01-00-08-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-01-00-08-12.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 550
  • Screenshot_2014-01-01-00-08-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-01-00-08-33.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 543
  • Screenshot_2014-01-01-00-06-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-01-00-06-52.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 536
  • Screenshot_2014-01-01-00-10-18.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-01-00-10-18.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 537
  • Screenshot_2014-05-30-02-53-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-30-02-53-58.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 532

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Reserved

[size=+1]Introducing: Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4 post-install version 1.0 with Xposed Framework[/size]

In Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4, I have updated the post-install script that will install, on first boot, the Xposed Framework, wanam, tinted status bar, butteredtoast, cputemp in status bar, network status bar info, wanam xposed torch, show wifi password, xhalo floating window. This does not mean you have to manually install Xposed, and enable modules. It is all automated and all happens on first boot. No need to 'reflash' the ROM. This will happen any time you do a factory reset on this ROM. It also sets a few default settings, disables touch sounds, and a bunch of things behind the scenes. I consider this a version 1.0 product. This version brings the ability to set home screen layouts and widgets, and It has great potential and will able me to apply entire settings on your device--everything from ringtones to brightness, volume, etc. You name it, I can probably make the post-install script do it. This will enable the Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4 to be truly customized in every way exactly how I intend it to be.

You will notice upon first boot, when the welcome screen comes on and is setting up for the first time, that the tablet will quickly 'hot boot' after about 10 seconds. This is completely normal and is part of the post-install process. Don't freak out and think you're in a boot loop. Everything will be fine.

See it in action:

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I see a lot of excited people... Where's the download?

Lol... you didn't post a thread without a ready download did you? :p

I'm also curious to see your kernel source, as it appears you are running a special kernel.

Texus915

Jul 25, 2012
I see a lot of excited people... Where's the download?

Lol... you didn't post a thread without a ready download did you? :p

I'm also curious to see your kernel source, as it appears you are running a special kernel.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
It's called a placeholder it's allowed also its his kernel. Why would u want source lol clueless

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Excuse me, but you are the one who is clueless with statements like this.

GPL requires kernel source be posted and buildable. Please read the rules.

I assume the OP will post source when he posts the download. Just never seen a 'placeholder' thread, when I create a thread I have a link to provide as well.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, welcome to Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4. This ROM is 'Wizless' in that it doesn't have the Samsung launcher or widgets, and tries to remove as much bloatware as possible while maintaining a fully functional ROM.

[size=+1]Thanks:[/size]:

-Team Win, AlphaRev X, Unrevoked, CyanogenMod team, toastcfh, Shinzul, TrevE, dsixda, zeppelinrox, ch33kybutt, Death-M0nk, cayniarb, flipzmode, Mikedick, wildcatswr5, Ihtfp69, Team Bamf, aamikam, mwalt2, myn, eyeballer, viperboy, steal25, iconeo, eschelon, Rydah805, Nutzy, hockeyfamily737, J.eremy, frosty_ice, Vinchenzop, YACO, dropzeroc, Zanz, runandhide05, closeone, TweetyBear, smokin1337, gruesomewolf, Josh Beach, Cobraboy, Relo, Tex/Donald, Devon(devbro), Stephen, Justin Kluck, Mase, Dorian, Joe, everyone else in our awesome hangouts chat, my GF for putting up with seemingly endless hours of testing, Mike(micmars), Gus, Mike Chapman, Dunks(Kingsley), Brandon(Action B), Herk718, mythtrandyr, crpalmer, and the entire XDA community especially the modders, themers, and the helpful members. If I forgot you, or you would like to be included in the thanks list just because, shoot me a PM.

[size=+2]ROM Information[/size]:
    Software version ND3 with Android 4.4.2

Zipaligned
    Hybrid [De]Odexed
    Removed bloat, Samsung launcher/widgets, and Play Store available apps.
    Nexus bootanimation
    4-in-1 Reboot menu
    CRT animations
    Nova Launcher included
    Camera Shutter sound option
    Included Dev Tools
    App Ops in settings
    Included AOSP Gallery
    Random apk mods
    Included AOSP Clock
    Genie Widget from AOSP
    Disable signature checking in services.jar
    Unlocked a bunch of random options
    Init.d support
    Tweaked out Kernel Ramdisk (eliminates logging whenever possible, etc)
    Tweaks galore (build.prop,init.d)
    More stuff

[size=+2]Known Issues[/size]:
    -Graphical glitch with CRT Mod in landscape. It's purely cosmetic and will be fixed in the future!

[size=+2]Kernel source[/size]:
    BM-T320-Kernel

[size=+2]Removed packages (list)[/size]:
    Coming

[size=+2]Removed packages (zip file)[/size]:
    Coming

[size=+2]Addons[/size]:
    None yet.

[size=+2]Download (full ROM)[/size]:
    Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4 v1.0 BETA

Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4 v1.0 BETA MD5: 3be0c132a814fc9c33b08a3ea1930792

[size=+2]Download (updates)[/size]: These updates must be flashed on top of a full ROM.
    None yet

XDA:DevDB Information
    Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    freeza
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: ND3 (KitKat)

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2014-05-29

Created 2014-05-29
    Last Updated 2014-05-30
    Reserved

[size=+1]Introducing: Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4 post-install version 1.0 with Xposed Framework[/size]

In Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4, I have updated the post-install script that will install, on first boot, the Xposed Framework, wanam, tinted status bar, butteredtoast, cputemp in status bar, network status bar info, wanam xposed torch, show wifi password, xhalo floating window. This does not mean you have to manually install Xposed, and enable modules. It is all automated and all happens on first boot. No need to 'reflash' the ROM. This will happen any time you do a factory reset on this ROM. It also sets a few default settings, disables touch sounds, and a bunch of things behind the scenes. I consider this a version 1.0 product. This version brings the ability to set home screen layouts and widgets, and It has great potential and will able me to apply entire settings on your device--everything from ringtones to brightness, volume, etc. You name it, I can probably make the post-install script do it. This will enable the Galaxy Tab pROM 8.4 to be truly customized in every way exactly how I intend it to be.

You will notice upon first boot, when the welcome screen comes on and is setting up for the first time, that the tablet will quickly 'hot boot' after about 10 seconds. This is completely normal and is part of the post-install process. Don't freak out and think you're in a boot loop. Everything will be fine.

See it in action:
    Reserved

[size=+1]Changelog:[/size]

5/30/14-1.0:
    -Initial release.
    Uploading everything now.....
    WiFi.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Awesome Bro! Loooking good @freeza.

I hope to drop mine in the next week or so... :) working on killing all white backgrounds as we speak!