Turn down the white balance = huge difference (camera)

Search This thread

For_itembine

Dec 8, 2011
6am lighting

Normal manual
14y98nm.jpg

Adjusted white balance lowest setting
200bcpx.jpg

dawen

Nov 13, 2008
How do u turn down the WB in manual mode, all I see is Wb auto, and the slider called EV that one u mean? I turn down the iso at 100 makes picture better but shutter speed is slower

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

guybrush2099

Apr 19, 2013
yes I think he talks about EV. turning down EV all the xperia (since Xperia S) devices get better images (more details)

bloodfire1004

Sep 27, 2012
Hm just tried it out (good lighting) and it DOES seem to provide better images! Am quite surprised!

Now to try it out in low-light, which hopefully, won't turn out a black image..

z_harris

Oct 13, 2010
Sofia
EV setting can be found between the Flash and the Settings icons. Its signified by the 3 slider bars. You can move it either +2 to -2, which in this thread is suggesting is to set it to lowest possible setting.

Tank you
i was thinking of something else. White balance mode - still sleeping -not reading. Tanks again. Best regards.

DjTony90

Jun 9, 2013
How do u turn down the WB in manual mode, all I see is Wb auto, and the slider called EV that one u mean? I turn down the iso at 100 makes picture better but shutter speed is slower

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

its TRUE that with ISO 100 images is SUPERB in comparison of AUTO ISO... almost NO NOISE AT ALL AT 100 ISO...

But... ISO 100 is for ALL LIGITING CONDITIONS ? can i use it even in a dark room & at OUTSIDE SUN LIGHT ?

Someone that knows pls answer

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
*Sigh* Of course ISO 100 is not for all lighting conditions... THe more light there is the lower you can set the ISO value, but in darker surroundings you'll just get a sharp but very dark image. It's all in the balance.

Automode just has a habbit of increasing ISO too fast...

DjTony90

Jun 9, 2013
*Sigh* Of course ISO 100 is not for all lighting conditions... THe more light there is the lower you can set the ISO value, but in darker surroundings you'll just get a sharp but very dark image. It's all in the balance.

Automode just has a habbit of increasing ISO too fast...

So outside with SUN LIGHT i can use 100 or 50 iso for perfect pictures ?

hikashi

Oct 22, 2013
Uh well, the EV control is one of the way to control the shutter speed in Z1. Do a comparison shots and check the EXIF data.

Lower EV -> Less light ->Faster shutter speed -> Less motion blur -> More details!

Lower the EV will lower the ISO as well, leads to lower noise.

Top Liked Posts