[ROM][4.4][Beta][UNOFFICIAL][Updated 11/21/13]Cyanogemod 11 for D2SPR

Search This thread

twostep

Jun 22, 2009
Love this ROM so far, thanks for your work. One of the issues on the Nexus 5 (which I'm returning for that reason...) is that you can't use voice and data simultaneously. That's the only issue I'm having with this ROM now too. Is this fixable?

Send from Brooklyn NY using a Galaxy S III

You might give this a look: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/...-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

That might answer your question as to why you can't do Voice and Data simultaneously.

Reactions: banccalif

Nexus11

Jan 26, 2011
Dose anybody know how I can install Voice Plus?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Bacardi222

Nov 4, 2011
Maryland
Hey guys, thought I would just inform you that you need odexed gapps for it to work properly if you're using Android Run Time (ART) instead of Dalvik. I heard that some people are getting really good performance and battery life increases from the switch to ART so hopefully we can see some implementation.

Reactions: ghostzyden

banccalif

Feb 9, 2011
LOS ANGELES
Hey guys, thought I would just inform you that you need odexed gapps for it to work properly if you're using Android Run Time (ART) instead of Dalvik. I heard that some people are getting really good performance and battery life increases from the switch to ART so hopefully we can see some implementation.
It's a lot faster and battery seems to be improved. I just refreshed everything then gonna drain my battery and fully charge then see how it goes. I'll report back with some screens

xblackvalorx

Oct 27, 2011
It's a lot faster and battery seems to be improved. I just refreshed everything then gonna drain my battery and fully charge then see how it goes. I'll report back with some screens

Can you link me to art and an odexed gapps? I feel so out of the loop I don't even know what that is lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fooshack

Feb 24, 2011
Data settings?

Should the data setting be "global" under the preferred network mode?

thanks
foos

XterierK

Jun 15, 2010
This ROM is awesome! The only issue I'm having is battery life. Phone idle and cell network are eating my battery. Other than that it's great. Just notating my issues so they can get fixed! :) I may try a different kernel to see if there is any difference. I'll post my results.

kmartburrito

Mar 17, 2006
Denver, CO
I did lose root. Aw ****. And also my internal got wiped so no backup for me. Am I screwed?

Edit: I was using ART, and that's when root was lost. I switched back to Dalvick and everything worked fine again.

Yep, I can confirm this, I lost root on two different versions of odexed gapps, one from the 9th and one from the 11th

Thanks for the tip of going back to dalvik, but I don't wanna go back :)

Will be nice when they get this fixed, ART looks really promising. I also didn't get any FCs after all was said and done, just lost root access.

rukin1

Dec 4, 2011
FW
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I did lose root. Aw ****. And also my internal got wiped so no backup for me. Am I screwed?

Edit: I was using ART, and that's when root was lost. I switched back to Dalvick and everything worked fine again.

I posted somewhere that i had issues with ART. I kept getting FC's and last time i had such a problem. My phone became bricked, So I was luckily fast enough in between pop-ups, I got back to switch to Dalvick.

kalico17

Oct 12, 2010
Stupid question but how do we get root back lol?

tpike1296

May 28, 2013
Whitmore Lake
Solution to those with issues losing root or getting FC's with ART.

1. Start with a clean flash of CM11
2. Flash odexed gapps
3. Get ROM to usable state.
4. Install SuperSU from the Play Store (other apps may work. I just prefer SuperSU).
5. After a reboot, change Dalvik to ART.
6. Boot into the ROM. Everything should work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Schnadam

Jan 22, 2011
I will say charging it is super slow. But the build is freaking solid. Good job guys.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

mahootzki

May 29, 2011
Brooklyn
You might give this a look: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/...-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

That might answer your question as to why you can't do Voice and Data simultaneously.

Thanks for your reply.
I saw that article yesterday, and that made me return my Nexus 5. But the GS3 does have SVLTE (or whatever is called) and always was able to use voice and data simultaneously. That's why I'm stumped and hope this is fixable..

inbetweenaisles

Oct 19, 2012
www.twitter.com
You have to enable developer options by going to settings > about phone and tap on build number till it says you enabled them, then go back into settings to developer options and it should be "select runtime"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

I installed the Paranoid Android odexed gapps and it didn't work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am creating this thread to keep the official cm10.2 thread clean. Flash at your own risk and the other usual warnings :D

fEI3.png

Working:
    RIL (Calls, SMS, MMS, and Data)
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    NFC?
    Wifi
    Audio
    External Storage

Not Working:
    Camera may cause reboots

ART is in the experimental stages and there is a reason google placed it under developer options... please do not use it... please do not complain about it... there is nothing I can do about it... please direct any complaints to google... have a nice day :D

Code:
    Changelog:

[B]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/B]

11/21/13
    [B]------ Common to all d2 devices -------[/B]
    # Conditionally revert Adaptive playback commits ← Netflix Fix
    # d2: Disable Adaptive Playback
    #Re-added SU on ART patch

[B]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/B]

11/20/13
    # camera: Add ZSL support for Samsung/Qualcomm cameras
    # d2: enable Camera2 overlays
    # DCTracker: upgrade stubbed apn to Qcril Standard.
    # Add back hardware key settings.

[B]------- CM Experimental -------[/B]
    #Add lockscreen shortcuts
    #Temporarily removed Swipe to Switch (I was lazy and forgot to add it into this build)

11/17/13

# Add back DurationTimer to fix camera.msm8960 load
    # Fix NT_MODE case statements
    # alsa_sound: Initial changes for basic FM featur
    # alsa_sound: Add support for Voip
    # alsa_sound: Enable support for LPA/Tunnel audio playback
    # Dialer: Update Icons to Kitkat
    # TelephonyProvider: Update Icons to KitKat
    # frameworks/av: Squashed commit of media features from CAF
    # frameworks/av: Fixup after squashed commit of media features from CAF
    # Telephony: Update Icons to Kitkat
    # Telephony: DcTracker: Fix CDMA APN Data issues-alleviates d2spr’s(probably not the only one) inability to consistently connect to data, CDMA and/or LTE connections
    # Telephony: check if the provisioning apn is actually empty before
    # audio: add support for MSM audio formats
    # audio: Define Proxy device
    # audio: audio enhancements for playback and recording.
    # audio: Support for MSM audio formats
    # camera: add support for samsung and htc camcorder modes
    # camera: allow setting video-size before recording starts
    # camera: Add options to better control video preview size
    # cdma: Restore SVDO after merge.
    # Fix Framebuffer console Oops / Fixes reboot KP
    # PhoneWindowPolicy: Fix NPE race condition by excessive screen on delay

[B]------- CM Experimental -------[/B]

#Forward ported quick settings tiles from cm10.2 (Fixed sync and data tiles fc'ing)
    #Swipe to Switch (In the status bar... swipe the gray bar at the bottom to switch to qs tiles and back)
    #Lockscreen widget options in settings menu forward ported
    #Fixed SU on ART

Instructions:
    I WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONCE... YOU NEED TO INSTALL THE LATEST CWM WHICH IS 6.0.4.3!!! OLDER VERSIONS OF CWM AND EVEN THE LATEST TWRP WILL RESULT IN AN ERROR DURING INSTALLATION!!!

MAKE A BACKUP!!!!
    WIPE DATA!!!
    FLASH THE FILE!!!
    IF YOU HAVE AN ERROR DURING FLASHING RESTORE YOUR BACKUP, UPDATE CWM, THEN GIVE IT ANOTHER SHOT!!!
    ENJOY!!! :D

Downloads:
    11/21/13
    11/20/13

Gapps:
    Provided by Dhacker

Thanks to all of the d2vzw guys for having everything fixed so quickly and of course sharing the love :D:D:D:D
    Its not a bug its the mega bug of them all. The bug to end all bugs. It is the bain of my existence. Think not what your Dev can do for you, but what you can do to get rid of the voicemail conspiracy!!!

I died... Omg... Lmao... New build tonight... Working on 4 different projects simultaneously... But its the weekend so whheeeeee :D

Taptalked u see ... əəs n pəʞlɐʇdɐʇ
    nothing is more annoying than someone coming into a development thread, demanding fixes, without providing any logs, or any useful information of any kind..

all this gimmegimmegimme has become all too common on xda these days...smh...

i've been building from what hrubak has posted & will share a link once i've flashed to my own phone & confirmed it working. i'm no dev so i will not/can not provide any support. just thought it was only right to give back on a day like today. make sure to thank @hrubak & company for providing the necessary files b/c w/o them we wouldn't have 4.4 running on the d2spr.

*alright, flashed, booted, & running on my phone. Thanks to everyone who made this possible! - http://d-h.st/ppu
    Still working on getting the new build up... Gotta deal with some build errors... But for now I'm on my way to class

BTW... We got sensors fixed last night... New build will be up soon with a plethora of fixes... SU on ART for one