[Q] Q: Un-rooting / flashing stock Note 3 - HELP

Search This thread

bustin.droid

Jan 11, 2014
Hello there,

I have looked through the forums and have attempted various different tutorials on how to un-root and flash back to the stock firmware. I am with Rogers Wireless (Canada), and have downloaded Odin and N900W8VLUBMI5_N900W8OYABMI5_RWC which is the rogers firmware for my device. Every time I connect my device to Odin in download mode, select PDA / AP, I get an error log with the following:

Code:
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N900W8VLUBMI5_N900W8OYABMI5_N900W8VLUBMI5_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004> 
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

On the phone itself, I see:
"SW REV CHECK FAIL: [sb1]Fused 2 > Binary 1"

I cannot seem to flash it, no matter what I do.

Any help is appreciated, I would really like to flash back to the stock firmware and remove root. Thank you.

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
On the phone itself, I see:
"SW REV CHECK FAIL: [sb1]Fused 2 > Binary 1"

I cannot seem to flash it, no matter what I do.

Any help is appreciated, I would really like to flash back to the stock firmware and remove root. Thank you.

You are currently on a newer firmware (you can check it in Settings/About or with *#1234# ). You are on a new bootloader and you will not be able to return to an older firmware. Check your knox status - if that is 0x1 you will also never be able to make it back to 0x0. Read around for more info (but generally you should be able to write the latest ROM from your carrier, and that should also remove root).

bustin.droid

Jan 11, 2014
You are currently on a newer firmware (you can check it in Settings/About or with *#1234# ). You are on a new bootloader and you will not be able to return to an older firmware. Check your knox status - if that is 0x1 you will also never be able to make it back to 0x0. Read around for more info (but generally you should be able to write the latest ROM from your carrier, and that should also remove root).

Thank you for the reply,

I see that knox is set to 0x1, doh. Where would I be able to find / download the same / latest firmware for my Rogers Wireless Note 3?

Edit: Found it, thank you. So there will NEVER be a way to trip knox back to 0x0?

Last edited:

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thank you for the reply,

I see that knox is set to 0x1, doh. Should I be able to download the latest firmware from the Rogers website?

I don't know about Rogers, but for instance you can look here:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=SM-N900W8&pcode=RWC#firmware

There is also another option that might also work - with Kies 3 using Tools -> Emergency firmware recovery - but I believe you might need the latest Kies version and even that one might not work. (I consider that one a little safer only in the fact that if something very bad happens you might get away with free service on it by saying Kies created the problem, while saying that you bricked the phone in Odin will guarantee that service will NOT be covered by warranty).

ahmekh

Apr 2, 2011

i had the same thing when i flashed the 4.4.2 into hongkong one, same happened and it is stuck,
i cant flash either 4.4.2 not hongkong,
any ideas with thanks.

atlzonly89

Dec 24, 2013
Atlanta GA
I don't know about Rogers, but for instance you can look here:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=SM-N900W8&pcode=RWC#firmware

There is also another option that might also work - with Kies 3 using Tools -> Emergency firmware recovery - but I believe you might need the latest Kies version and even that one might not work. (I consider that one a little safer only in the fact that if something very bad happens you might get away with free service on it by saying Kies created the problem, while saying that you bricked the phone in Odin will guarantee that service will NOT be covered by warranty).

your right, kies does helps, but was wondering can we blame kies for the 0x1 when flashing back to stock if we do a warrenty exchange through the carrier? haha

ahmekh

Apr 2, 2011
After I flashed Poland 4.4.2 rom I lost my warranty and Knox now 0×1. ANY ideas how to fix it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app