Seems like Samsung is listening to owners

Search This thread

peakjunkie

Mar 14, 2009
Manhattan Beach, CA
I just got recruited for a U.S. study of Gear owners.

Sounds pretty standard - Samsung are trying to figure out to how make things better and paying $200 to participants willing to give Galaxy Gear feedback for about 2 weeks.

Not sure how many they're taking but I spoke to a Jairo Rojas at the research company they hired at 818-530-1004 if anyone wants to get in on it. I got recruited because I also did a focus group in Los Angeles a while back.

Seems pretty cool way to make Gear better and make a little side cash..

Last edited:
Reactions: chuko303

highlordkram

Nov 21, 2006
Las Vegas
But regarding? Like what do we say lol just ask them about gear and mula

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I am too old and cynical for this. Could be true, but if they ask for too much personal information, or money, then stay away, is what I would recommend.

If all turns out great, then that would be wonderful, but this is the Internet we are talking about, so be wary.

peakjunkie

Mar 14, 2009
Manhattan Beach, CA
I am too old and cynical for this. Could be true, but if they ask for too much personal information, or money, then stay away, is what I would recommend.

If all turns out great, then that would be wonderful, but this is the Internet we are talking about, so be wary.

I know I got recruited because I participated in the past in focus groups with this company in LA so I know they're legit. While not a much fun as beer focus groups, I thought it relevant to share since we all want to see Gear get better.

I'm sure Google is doing similar things with Glass owners, etc. Plus the money never hurts as well.

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
many companies are giving a call and asking how did you like their product or service. does it mean they care about customers?
not really. this is the illusion of care...

roadwarrior69

Jan 11, 2011
chicago
Focus group are a thing of the past.

Acceleration and Innovation comes with putting a release out there and, test and learn which is what happening with gear 1,and the manager platform.

Samsung is learning now, real time, as everyone uses the products. Gear2 will be a great version. They will pack as much crap in there as they can because, it's setting the bar for the rest of wearable tech.

Jeshter2000

Aug 24, 2010
Gear 2 will be released in September at IFA..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ronfurro

Oct 24, 2013
O-Town
Samsung is learning now, real time, as everyone uses the products. Gear2 will be a great version. They will pack as much crap in there as they can because, it's setting the bar for the rest of wearable tech.

I have some reservations about this statement. This is not the case, as they are trying to keep this product in a certain price point. As with most tech, small and incremental improvement, ie "refinements" are more likely on the future horizon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got recruited for a U.S. study of Gear owners.

Sounds pretty standard - Samsung are trying to figure out to how make things better and paying $200 to participants willing to give Galaxy Gear feedback for about 2 weeks.

Not sure how many they're taking but I spoke to a Jairo Rojas at the research company they hired at 818-530-1004 if anyone wants to get in on it. I got recruited because I also did a focus group in Los Angeles a while back.

Seems pretty cool way to make Gear better and make a little side cash..