Wireless Charging Notification Sound

Search This thread

telveer

Dec 10, 2008
Is there a way to disable Wireless Charging Notification Sound? There are two different types of sounds my S5 makes when placed on a wireless mat. A three tone sound, followed by a two tone sound. The three tone sound is made only once ... I do not have any problem with it. Its the two tone sound that drives me crazy. It keeps ringing all through the night, at random times. It looks like it makes a sound each time the charge state changes (stop, start, resume, pause, etc). I do not want to disable my notification sounds or phone volume altogether. I just want to mute this one sound (without ROOT, I would like to add). TIA

Rickinsav

Mar 29, 2011
Savannah, GA
Is your phone in the case? Is that it losing connectivity with the wireless charger. If it is in a case try using the phone on the charger without the case to see if this prevents the two tone from repeating

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hiro14

Oct 2, 2010
Orem, Utah
Same question for me.

I would also like to find out how to disable this sound. I have root so I have access to system files. I wonder if there is a setting in /system/csc/features.xml to investigate. I know that the camera shutter sound can be disabled from that file so I wonder if it also deals with notification sounds.