[Q] How can I disable all vibrations?

Search This thread

Mirk0

Jul 11, 2012
I hate every vibration. Some apps use the vibration as haptic feedback or they give me notification with vibration even if it's disabled from settings. Is there a simple way to disable EVERY vibration? For example an app (obviously with root permissions) or an Xposed Module. An 'extreme' solution would be to operate at kernel level or to physically disconnect the vibration motor!
Thank you in advance, I've got a rooted Nexus 5 running stock Android 4.4.3 and Franco kernel.

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
I hate every vibration. Some apps use the vibration as haptic feedback or they give me notification with vibration even if it's disabled from settings. Is there a simple way to disable EVERY vibration? For example an app (obviously with root permissions) or an Xposed Module. An 'extreme' solution would be to operate at kernel level or to physically disconnect the vibration motor!
Thank you in advance, I've got a rooted Nexus 5 running stock Android 4.4.3 and Franco kernel.
Franco kernel has a feature to adjust the vibration level. Use 0 and vibrations will disappear I think.

Reactions: Mirk0

efabri

Dec 4, 2013
Zurich
plus.google.com
Root your phone (if not done yet) -> flash franco kernel-> install francokernel updater from the playstore -> set vibrations amp to 0 (in Kernel Settings). Done!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mirk0

Mirk0

Jul 11, 2012
Thank you guys! I'm new with this kernel and I didn't know the premium version of franco.kernel updater is full of features! I happily bought this app to thank Franco for his work and now... nothing vibrates!

jamel_tza

Mar 4, 2013
NYC
Thank you guys! I'm new with this kernel and I didn't know the premium version of franco.kernel updater is full of features! I happily bought this app to thank Franco for his work and now... nothing vibrates!

Why not just disable vibration through settings. Much simpler. Nothing against FKU, as I have it, but it seems like overkill.

Mirk0

Jul 11, 2012
Why not just disable vibration through settings. Much simpler. Nothing against FKU, as I have it, but it seems like overkill.

I've always kept vibration disabled in the Android settings, but some apps keep sending me notification with vibration and these apps don't let me customize their notification type (sound and vibrate). Other apps use vibration as their own haptic feedback. All these vibrations don't depend by Android system (and so by Android settings).
For example, Hangouts vibrates, but it has an option to deactivate that behaviour. Clash of Clans keeps vibrating on notifications. A lot of launchers vibrate when moving some elements. I just don't want that feature at all!

jamel_tza

Mar 4, 2013
NYC
I've always kept vibration disabled in the Android settings, but some apps keep sending me notification with vibration and these apps don't let me customize their notification type (sound and vibrate). Other apps use vibration as their own haptic feedback. All these vibrations don't depend by Android system (and so by Android settings).
For example, Hangouts vibrates, but it has an option to deactivate that behaviour. Clash of Clans keeps vibrating on notifications. A lot of launchers vibrate when moving some elements. I just don't want that feature at all!

Well in that case I completely understand! That sounds insanely annoying.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Franco kernel has a feature to adjust the vibration level. Use 0 and vibrations will disappear I think.
    Thank you, do you know how I can perform this?
    Download FKU app from Google Play. There's a built in option.
    Root your phone (if not done yet) -> flash franco kernel-> install francokernel updater from the playstore -> set vibrations amp to 0 (in Kernel Settings). Done!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk