AtrICS - from "that ROM"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CdnDesires

Mar 25, 2011
I don't know why I can't post on dev threads. I've been a lurker for so many years, my username represents a time when I hacked HTC Desire. I've since rooted/unlocked an HTC Desire, Flashed Odin via Samsung and now hacked my Motorola Atrix via Fastboot for Mac and yeah.. anyway...

I'm no spring chicken...

This ICS build seems stable, no crashes per-se but slow in spots. Certainly doesn't feel like a final release, but not far from that.
Anybody got any clue how I could actually comment on the dev related to this rom? That would be a real blessing.

Thanks! Cheers!
Thank you especially to all those working to keep this phone alive, bless you!

gkarthik16

Dec 25, 2010
Atlanta
I don't know why I can't post on dev threads. I've been a lurker for so many years, my username represents a time when I hacked HTC Desire. I've since rooted/unlocked an HTC Desire, Flashed Odin via Samsung and now hacked my Motorola Atrix via Fastboot for Mac and yeah.. anyway...

I'm no spring chicken...

This ICS build seems stable, no crashes per-se but slow in spots. Certainly doesn't feel like a final release, but not far from that.
Anybody got any clue how I could actually comment on the dev related to this rom? That would be a real blessing.

Thanks! Cheers!
Thank you especially to all those working to keep this phone alive, bless you!

I guess you need to have posted more than 10 posts in the General section before you can post in the DEV section.

Deplov

Oct 8, 2012
Hanoi
I just wonder who "the hope" is. He post a new thread in Dev-section with 6-posts-history, and those 6 posts mostly recornized in that thread

ajayfreezer

Oct 11, 2012
erode
atrics

just downloading it now...

flashed moto leak ics and aosp icsrom..both were quite the same with same delayed lockscreen.
buggy camera...
worst battery drain.

hope this ics does not dissappoint me..:confused:

greenolive

Aug 19, 2010
I'm on an international Atrix and unfortunately none of these roms have been working well for me. Constant reboots and it's a damn shame since they look and feel awesome.

greenolive

Aug 19, 2010
Yeah, what he said... Seems people only have one or the other problem. The ones that say that everything is flawless are either joking or dead

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

stewartsoda

Apr 25, 2008
Somewhere In Idaho
It seems like most people have one/both of the following:

1. Constant deep-sleep reboots
2. Graphical issues

Unfortunately, I'm not one of the lucky few. My phone is a rebooting machine.

I should say that on the latest CM10 with "those libs" I do get to deep sleep, but I still get reboots, just not as often. Maybe every 5-10 mins as opposed to every 90 seconds.

Reactions: smenes

MrFanta5stic

Oct 11, 2012
I haven't really had much of a problem with the AtrICS rom. Took a couple of times to install it though. First time installed with CWM and was stuck at the Moto load screen for more than 15 minutes. Tried to flash again with TWRP as others seemed to have better luck with it, but still couldn't. Cleared cache/data/dalvik using both CWM and TWRP before trying to install the rom but was always unsuccessful.

Finally decided to go through the Command Prompt method and did the following:
moto-fastboot.exe erase system
moto-fastboot.exe erase boot
moto-fastboot.exe erase webtop

I extracted the zip file for the boot, system, and vendor img files and did the following:
moto-fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img
moto-fastboot.exe flash webtop vendor.img

After rebooting, it took maybe 30 seconds to a minute at the moto boot screen and the setup for Android began to load. I flashed this from the "That Rom" and everything seems to be working great. I installed all of my apps again. Was able to run the Razr circles widgets and installed Google Now. Mobile data and wifi are both working fine. GPS was a little sluggish but eventually figured out where I was and gave turn-by-turn directions. Have only had it for about 16 hours so far. Battery drain seems a bit more than stock Gingerbread and it still seems to give me a read error of 90% being the cap for the battery but I still have some more testing.

Hope this helps anyone who is still having trouble installing. Its a great rom so far. Not a single reboot as of yet.

Reactions: laysshenxq

BaruchRamos

May 11, 2012
AtrICS works very nice

Tegrapart:

mem=384M@0M nvmem=128M@384M vmalloc=256M video=tegrafb console=null usbcore.old_scheme_first=1 tegraboot=sdmmc tegrapart=mbr:1100:100:800,kpanic:2500:400:800

1.- Wipe cache
2.- Wipe Data factory reset
3.- Wipe dalvik cache
4.- Format System
5.- Format data
6.- Flash AtrICS from the zip card
7.- Flash RAMfix

First boot 4-5 min, data not working with Radio01.27.00R but I reboot and flash Radio.36P and works, fingerprint is fine, no random reboots, wifi works, no problem with screen wake.

Multimedia dock and lapdock doesn't work, games like Dead Trigger have lag, batery drain is more than GB (epsilon) and heat up too.

Oct 6, 2012
This one works

I was using the "somebody CM10 rom" But was having constant deep sleep reboots. I've installed this one and it's working alright, except phone calls turn off the phone after a few minutes of talk time.

I have a d00 tegra part and the 36p radio on an ATT atrix.

fabiocade

Oct 20, 2010
I sorry my bad english,

my experience atrix att&t

when the battery the phone is 70% charge and i put the phone in a sleepmode don't have reboots, when the charge is under 50% of charge there are reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Funny, been here so many years and still doesn't know the forum rules... :p
    I agree that the Dev's aren't required to help us... I get that.. but why not make requests? You can ask all you want, you might not get....
    Because that can make you seem all demanding and ungrateful. Now while most people make for relatively small request (or at least it seems small to them), some things here have hundreds of users... so it can easily add up. And since devs do this for fun and owe us nothing, this kind of behavior might just drive them away.

Now if you have a suggestion on how to improve an existing feature, that's a whole new story. But don't be just like "oh man, this and this doesn't work, that sucks, I'm going back to that other thing". It's demoralizing. Also don't be like "oh, I hope this gets fixed soon... I wish it'd get fixed already... so how's it going with fixing that?" That just adds pressure and stress. Beta-testing is fine, devs depend on people trying out stuff, often times they'd be lost without their user base... but please do it right, always appreciate what you've been given, especially considering the price. ;)
    It seems like most people have one/both of the following:

1. Constant deep-sleep reboots
    2. Graphical issues

Unfortunately, I'm not one of the lucky few. My phone is a rebooting machine.

I should say that on the latest CM10 with "those libs" I do get to deep sleep, but I still get reboots, just not as often. Maybe every 5-10 mins as opposed to every 90 seconds.
    I haven't really had much of a problem with the AtrICS rom. Took a couple of times to install it though. First time installed with CWM and was stuck at the Moto load screen for more than 15 minutes. Tried to flash again with TWRP as others seemed to have better luck with it, but still couldn't. Cleared cache/data/dalvik using both CWM and TWRP before trying to install the rom but was always unsuccessful.

Finally decided to go through the Command Prompt method and did the following:
    moto-fastboot.exe erase system
    moto-fastboot.exe erase boot
    moto-fastboot.exe erase webtop

I extracted the zip file for the boot, system, and vendor img files and did the following:
    moto-fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
    moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img
    moto-fastboot.exe flash webtop vendor.img

After rebooting, it took maybe 30 seconds to a minute at the moto boot screen and the setup for Android began to load. I flashed this from the "That Rom" and everything seems to be working great. I installed all of my apps again. Was able to run the Razr circles widgets and installed Google Now. Mobile data and wifi are both working fine. GPS was a little sluggish but eventually figured out where I was and gave turn-by-turn directions. Have only had it for about 16 hours so far. Battery drain seems a bit more than stock Gingerbread and it still seems to give me a read error of 90% being the cap for the battery but I still have some more testing.

Hope this helps anyone who is still having trouble installing. Its a great rom so far. Not a single reboot as of yet.