[ROM] Mar-1 MeanBean v3.09 | 3.16.651.3 | Mods | Batt saver

Search This thread
Dang. Haven't seen you around in forever. How you been?

-Magnum (formerly FinZ28)

Hey, what's up! I didn't recognize the name....and then I saw your sig, lol. I've been good, how about you? When you say forever, how long you mean? My memory is back to 100% now, but it was still rough my first year back on XDA.

Reactions: Magnum_Enforcer

AarSyl

Hey, what's up! I didn't recognize the name....and then I saw your sig, lol. I've been good, how about you? When you say forever, how long you mean? My memory is back to 100% now, but it was still rough my first year back on XDA.

Your memory? Didn't you have an accident of some sort? Good to see you around these parts again.

Reactions: stanglifemike

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL

Doing good:thumbup:

I've moved on to the M8 but I still drop in the EVO LTE forums to show my support. Glad to hear you're doing well.

Reactions: stanglifemike
Your memory? Didn't you have an accident of some sort? Good to see you around these parts again.

Yup, single car accident. Hit a fallen tree around 75mph, went airborne, then hit a standing tree about 6ft in the air (I don't remember any of it but that's what the police reports show). Dr's said I wouldn't live, then when I came outta the coma they said I'd have permanent brain damage and never be the same. When I woke up I had to wear a diaper an didn't know how to eat, didn't even know what I was supposed to do with food! Lol. Had me booked for rehab to teach me basic daily functions (eat, shower, brush teeth, restroom, etc), then a week before rehab everything miraculously started coming back to me. Still no memory of the wreck, the day before it, hospital stay, or the first couple months after being released. Short term was completely shot for a few months, and it took 1.5 years to get back to normal. Had double vision for 6 months from all the blood on my brain. Just a Lotta different crap to deal with for 1-2 years, but I'm basically back to 100% now. My neurologist always tell me how he didn't expect me to live when I was life-flighted there, and that over the first few days it was 50/50. He says it's a miracle I'm back to normal with no permanent damage done. After hearing the stories, seeing the pics, going to the scene, and looking at the car, I definitely have to agree. Car is totaled but I bought it back for the motor, trans, interior, brakes, computer, and a few other things. The car is a 1 owner 98 Cobra, garage kept with a car cover, never saw rain, only 24k miles. Went from being a show car to insurance wanting to scrap it in just a couple minutes. I've got another Mustang I'm gonna swap the drive train into, though, so it will live on with me

EDIT : Sorry that is SO long! Just feel like I've got a lot to tell when it comes to all that

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Doing good:thumbup:

I've moved on to the M8 but I still drop in the EVO LTE forums to show my support. Glad to hear you're doing well.

M8 is a nice choice. For me, after 5 years of HTC only (back to WinMo before Android was released) I went from Evo LTE --> Note 2 -->Note 3 -->Note 4. Never thought I'd say it, but I prefer Samsung's most recent offerings over HTC's. The big display is awesome, and the S-Pen is super handy! I had multiple HTC WinMo phones that came with a stylus, so sometimes I think the S-Pen takes me back to my early smart phone days, lol :D

Last edited:

Smackmethg

Mar 30, 2010
I'm posting here just cause I used MeanBean. I just found a long unused shortcut on my desktop and clicked it.

carl31

Jul 6, 2016
hi i hope u can help me do u no how 2 get my htc one bak working it has the twrp on snd s on but i dont have no bak ups and dont no how to get my os bak on plz help ..thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MeanBean for the Evo 4G LTE!

attachment.php

attachment.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. To be clean: mostly stock look and feel of JB/Sense 4+
    2. To be mean: apply dual core and other tweaks to run the JB base to its maximum potential
    3. To be nice: provide cool functionality not present in the stock base

attachment.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Install video: thanks Josh!

attachment.php

New in 3.09 (details in changelog in post 2):
    • Fixed Dropbox
    • Updated busybox binary

attachment.php

The clean:
    • Based on 3.16.651.3 with near-stock look & feel

The mean:
    • Run at stock 1.5 Ghz CPU speed (default) or OC up to 1.9 Ghz with zRAM & other kernel options! (credit flar2)
    • Performance and my awakenings tweaks
    • Dual core on demand full throttle performance when screen is on for ultra-smooth experience
    • Single core governed when screen is off for incredible battery life at idle!
    • Extended long-press-back-to-kill enables long press back on home screen to sleep!
    • Long press home to open extended power menu
    • User customizable white list: customize your no-kill process list! (see post 3)
    • Modified zeppelinrox mod for task killing improvements
    • Enabled permanent writes to system with s-on (credit flar2)

The nice:

Note: underlined items are on/off configurable with sticky settings Aroma installer in the /sdcard/MeanBean folder
    • HTC/JB fix: fixed incorrect SMS/MMS time stamp when roaming
    • HTC/JB fix: fixed off-center chopped off numbers on calculator
    • HTC/JB fix: fixed gallery FC when using Dropbox
    • Proximity sensor calibration (credit here)
    • Proximity sensor (black screen) fix
    • OTA Updater for quick and easy ROM updates
    • Haus's s-on kernel installer. Mega thanks to Haus for this: flash kernels via TWRP with no extra steps while s-on!
    • 5-in-1 power menu w/recovery and bootloader options (adapted from vinchenzop's mod)
    • Browser mods: up to 15 open pages, plus full debug settings w/UA string, etc. (guide by SteelH)
    • Custom MMS mods w/500K, 1M, and 5M choices for max size (sizes in /system/customize/mns/default.xml)
    • Screen on with new SMS/MMS (configurable: see post 3)
    • Added animated syn icon
    • Disabled night mode (connections remain on from 12am to 7am)
    • Disabled extra "USB Connected" notification (my guide here)
    • Updated camera to 3.16 base: modified with goodies
    • Added HTC Notes
    • Stronger haptic feedback
    • Camera mods: Enable/disable shutter sound, enable ISO 1250, and higher quality JPEG saving
    • Mail app with disabled Exchange security (thanks Socrguru, tbonnano231 and shnizlon)
    • TV Out
    • Long press back to kill app (credit one_love_420)
    • Full press of camera button to wake
    • Use a half press of the camera shutter for Search
    • Long press volume to skip tracks (credit one_love_420 and metalhead8816)
    • Removed persistent "Power Manager" notification message (still accessible via "Settings", "Power")
    • Disabled MMS compression (guide by SteelH)
    • MMS over WiFi (credit Team Xposed and SteelH)
    • "Roam Only" option in mobile network settings (credit Synergy/freeza)
    • Accurate 1x/3G indicator (credit SteelH)
    • Capacitive buttons on/dim with screen: no flashing on/off while in use
    • Super-sharp circular battery meter is easier to read (credit vertigone)
    • Google Wallet w/unsupported device messages removed
    • WiFi Tether: use "Generic ICS" device type and check routing fix and MMS clamping
    • Flashlight
    • ES File Explorer
    • No location/GPS icon (guide by SteelH)
    • init.d support
    • Ringtones and notifications from both the Evo 4G LTE and Evo 3D included
    • Disabled FC messages ("Unfortunately XYZ has stopped")

Credit where credit is due:
    As with any open source stuff, some of this work is my own, most of it comes from other sources. So in addition to my own work (mostly in the "mean" category), here's a quick thanks to those of you who contributed knowingly (thank you) and not-so-knowingly via open source 5 finger discount (thank you just the same: your stuff is good and that's why I used it). :) Sometimes it's not entirely obvious where the source started so if I missed someone, please let me know and I'll add you. Also, I'm careful to only include other work where the author does not specify any usage restrictions or has given approval. If you believe, however, that I've included something that shouldn't be in this ROM, please just PM me.

Credit diestarbucks for pulling and deodexing the stock base
    Perpetual thanks to il Duce and Steal25 for ongoing collaborations on various projects!
    Thanks banccalif for the graphics!

Want my stuff?:
    If you see something in this ROM and I don't reference some other source, I probably coded it myself. If you want it: take it and use it in your ROM, your theme, whatever you like. I just ask that you please credit me. I'm a firm believer in Android and open source so you don't even have to ask. Anything you see here... it's yours for just the price of a simple line crediting me. I always share as I believe that's the way we developers put the power in Android... and one way we can fight "the Apple brainwashing machine". ;)

attachment.php

Below are some pointers on updating your firmware, installing recoveries, modding, etc. before we get to the good stuff (installation and downloads).

How to adjust some parameters like performance-vs-battery, screen on with new SMS, etc.

See post 3 below

CHANGELOG:

See post #2

Problems after you flash?:

PLEASE DO NOT REPORT PROBLEMS IN THIS THREAD UNTIL you've done a full wipe and fresh install to see if that cures it. I know I should really just do like most devs and proclaim REQUIRES FULL WIPE/FRESH INSTALL on every version. That saves me a lot of headaches but I know what a PITA a fresh install can be even with MyBackup or Titanium at your disposal. So it never hurts to try just a flash without a full wipe, but if you run into any HINT of a problem... anything at all... don't report the problem in this thread until you've tried a full wipe and fresh install first to see if that cures the problem!

Note regarding tweaks: don't flash tweaks or themes on top unless you KNOW the tweak/theme is compatible with the JB framework (as of this writing, most are NOT compatible - ask the developer.

Installation - a final note:

First, the usual disclaimers. I supply the ammo, you use it. ROMS don't kill phones, n00bs do. :D Use this ROM at your own risk as I won't be responsible for bricks or any other untoward happenings. I spent a lot of time ensuring that the stuff in this ROM is fast, smooth, and compatible. But... it always helps to have some familiarity with flashing ROMs to keep yourself safe.

attachment.php

Download links are below, but before flashing any custom ROM, make sure you do it right or you could brick the NFC chip in your phone (and Google Wallet)

Firmware (applies to s-off users)

Note: unlike the ROM itself, firmware is NOT flashed via TWRP recovery. Firmware is flashed via the bootloader by placing PJ75IMG.zip on the root of your /sdcard2 and rebooting into bootloader!
    Also: once the bootloader firmware install has completed, don't forget to delete the PJ75IMG.zip file after your phone boots the first time.

READ CAREFULLY TO AVOID BRICKING YOUR DEVICE!

The latest full firmware (radio, etc.) is recommended. Check the firmware by pressing Menu while on your home screen, choose "Settings", "About" (bottom of list), "Software Information", "More". If your baseband is less than 1.12.11.1210, you have old firmware and should update else you could have problems with your data connection, reboots, etc. If you're s-off, you can flash the 3.16 firmware via one of the options here. Please do not use other firmware sources or you may brick your device! Note that both the full 3.16 firmware and the new touch panel firmware are recommended for best performance, but be aware that the new touch panel firmware will only work with 3.16 based ROMs! If you tend to switch between 3.15 and 3.16 ROMs or you like to try AOSP ROMs, stick with the old touch panel firmware and don't flash the touch panel update.

Now to installation of the ROM itself...

s-off installation
    1. Always make a Nandroid backup before installing anything on your phone!
    2. On first install of MeanBean, do a full wipe (at least a factory reset)
    3. Subsequent updates: no wiping necessary BUT...
    4. If you have any trouble at all, do a full wipe and then reinstall
    5. Install using TWRP recovery (again, s-off recommended)
    6. After the first boot on a fresh install, go to "Menu", "Settings", "Power" and UNcheck "Fast Boot". When you reboot or power off the phone, you really want it to reboot/power-off. This can save you a lot of headaches.

s-on installation
    Note that with s-on, TWO things must be flashed separately: the ROM ZIP and the kernel inside that ZIP. The built in kernel installer (thanks Haus) will take care of this without any extra work on your part: just flash with TWRP! Follow the instructions below, however, so you'll know what to expect because there are some pauses and an extra reboot involved whenever the kernel in the ROM is updated.
    1. Boot to TWRP recovery (hold vol down and press power for 1 second while you continue holding vol down until you see the bootloader, then choose "recovery")
    2. Always make a Nandroid backup before installing anything on your phone!
    3. On first install of MeanBean, do a full wipe (at least a factory reset)
    4. Subsequent updates: no wiping necessary BUT...
    5. If you have any trouble at all, do a full wipe and then reinstall
    6. In TWRP recovery, choose "Install" and locate the ROM ZIP you downloaded and begin the install.
    7. The installation will usually complete relatively quickly but if a new boot.img is included in the ROM, it may take 5 minutes or longer to flash: please be patient!
    8. When the installation is complete, if you see the word "Look!" in large text, a new boot.img was flashed and you are not done yet! In that case, continue to the next step. If you do NOT see the word "Look!", you can reboot and you are done flashing.
    9. When the word "Look!" appears, simply "reboot system" normally from recovery. Your phone will begin to boot but will reboot during the boot animation and then boot back to recovery. At that point, simply flash the ROM a second time from recovery to complete the install. This process is required for the s-on installer to do its job. Once you install the ROM a second time and reboot, your phone will boot normally.
    10. After the first boot on a fresh install, go to "Menu", "Settings", "Power" and UNcheck "Fast Boot". When you reboot or power off the phone, you really want it to reboot/power-off. This can save you a lot of headaches.

s-on additional notes
    • If you have a new phone and are starting from scratch, use these instructions to unlock your phone and install TWRP recovery. These instructions work for all current software including the latest 3.16. Follow all steps up through and including step 28, except in step 25, use the latest openrecovery*.img file from here instead of the old 2.1.8 version listed on the page. Once you successfully complete step 28, you can boot to recovery and install MeanBean.
    • If you've already unlocked via the HTC method above and you already have TWRP recovery installed, use the above instructions but if you have any trouble, here are instructions on how to manually install the ROM and kernel separately.
    • Have trouble after trying to flash s-on: reread the s-on instructions above and be sure to follow each step. If you have done that and still have trouble, try this info.
    • Updating your firmware to the 3.16 RUU is another story altogether so I'll leave the firmware/radio updates to other threads.

attachment.php

Note about TWRP recovery: TWRP 2.4.1.0 recommended (required if running the latest touch panel firmware).

attachment.php
    ... you're gonna break it!
    Don't flash any other mods, tweaks, or themes unless they specifically say they are built for (the latest version of) MeanBean or you WILL break features in this ROM and/or cause instability! While this ROM is designed to have the general look/feel of Sense 4+, it is highly customized under the hood and mods, tweaks, or themes not designed specifically for this ROM will cause problems. If you want this ROM to run perfectly without any issues, do not flash anything on top. For OMJ mod pack compatibility, see post 3.

Latest releases:
    • Main file listing
    • Latest 3.09
    • Latest 3.09 (mirror)
    • After flashing the ROM, flash /sdcard/MeanBean/stickysettings.zip to set your favorite options. You can flash stickysettings.zip after flashing the ROM: no need to reboot first.
    • Note: if you have any stability problems, flash /sdcard/MeanBean/stickysettings.zip and choose "Stock" kernel to turn overclocking and kernel mods off (see post 3)

attachment.php

Click to Donate
    Donations are greatly appreciated to keep this project going as it is taking a lot more time than expected: even a few bucks helps! So if you're struggling to make it, just take it... but if you can spare it, please share it. ;)

Mike
    Changelog:

Changes:
    • Fixed Dropbox
    • Updated busybox binary

Installation notes:
    Dirty wipe OK if coming from a prior version. If this is your first time flashing MeanBean, you must do a full wipe and clean install.
    If you have not run the stick settings Aroma installer since MeanBean 3.0, RE-RUN it on 3.01+ to get the new kernel options (see post 3 below).

Previous versions:
    Code:

[U]Changes:[/U]
    [LIST]
    [*]New sticky settings option to choose long press delay
    [*]Many core apps updated
    [/LIST]

[U]Installation notes:[/U]
    Dirty wipe OK if coming from a prior version.  If this is your first time flashing MeanBean, you must do a full wipe and clean install.
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]If you have not run the stick settings Aroma installer since MeanBean 3.0, [B]RE-RUN[/B] it on 3.01+ to get the new kernel options (see post 3 below).[/COLOR][/B]

[LIST]
    [*]Updated core apps: SuperSU, Maps, Power Toggles, Sprint Zone
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Restored 3.16 WPA security binary to fix issues
    [*]Added AOSP recent apps choice in sticky settings (post 3)
    [*]Updated Facebook app
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Fixed WPA Enterprise WiFi connections
    [*]Updated Google Now and Google+
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]New/fixed 3.16 mail app
    [*]Ability to use custom governors w/stock kernel
    [*]Updated Dropbox, Twitter, and Voicemail apps
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Turn on/off long press back to sleep in Aroma installer
    [*]Updated BusyBox
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Install now compatible with TWRP 2.4.1.0 ([URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37717588&postcount=1068"]thanks Dees_Troy[/URL])
    [*]See firmware section in OP to update your touch panel
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Numerous important fixes (wake locks, etc.)
    [*]Kernel options default to all-stock (see post 3 to enable OC, etc.)
    [*]New kernel options (OC & more) in Aroma installer
    [*]Updated Google+ and Twitter apps
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Rebased to new 3.16
    [*]Default 1.7 OC
    [*]Updated CPU tweaks w/intellidemand gov.
    [*]Updated many core apps
    [*]Fapple and musicbox removed for stability on 3.16
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Custom ElementalX OC kernel w/1.701 Ghz default
    [*]New "Max" over-volting for stability
    [*]Fixed and completely revamped the whitelist feature
    [*]Increased max hidden apps from 20 to 32
    [*]Updated Google+, SuperSU, and Google Play Music
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Updated Wallet 1.6-R96-v13, no unsupported dev. warning
    [*]Updated SuperSU and Google Play Magazines
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Latest ElementalX OC kernel with Xbox 360 controller support
    [*]Fixed some elements in the post boot sequence
    [*]Updated SoundHound and Google Books
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Reverted to more stable OC version
    [*]Choose your OC from 1.6 to 1.9 Ghz!
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Fixed jackhammer option in sticky settings installer
    [*]Added landscape rosie option to sticky settings installer
    [/LIST]

Dirty wipe OK if coming from a prior version.  If this is your first time flashing MeanBean, you must do a full wipe and clean install.  [B][COLOR="Red"]People who are s-on: read the s-on installation instructions in post 1![/COLOR][/B]

[LIST]
    [*]Updated ElementalX 2.1 OC kernel w/zram
    [*]New Aroma installer for all sticky options (see post 3)!
    [*]Updated Facebook and ES File Explorer apps
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Updated OC for better reliability and performance
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]1.7 Ghz default OC w/option to undervolt ([URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2075542"]credit flar2[/URL])
    [*]Updated Facebook & Power Toggles apps
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Corrected messaging app font size issue
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]More responsive long press home for power menu
    [*]Added an option to enable Beats notification icon
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Fully integrated fapple: no more app associations ([URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2049972"]thanks team d3rp![/URL])
    [*]New long press home to open extended power menu
    [*]Updated Power Toggles app
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Made some changes to decrease map/nav FC's
    [*]Updated Dropbox and TuneIn apps
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Fixed Beats headset selection
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Enabled sound enhancer for speaker out
    [*]Fixed some UI glitches related to new sound settings
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Musicbox integration with Beats headset selection, SRS, EQ, more (thanks [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050303"]lyapota[/URL] and [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2049972"]team d3rp[/URL]
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Significant performance improvement
    [*]Increased sound volume
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Incorporated HTC's latest [URL="http://www.htc.com/www/support/content.aspx?id=191316"]fix for acore (contacts) crashes[/URL]
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Enabled permanent writes to system with s-on ([URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2075542"]credit flar2[/URL])
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Extended long-press-back-to-kill now works with 3rd party launchers
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Extended long-press-back-to-kill: long press back while on home screen to sleep!
    [*]Moved task killer white list to /data/MeanBean.wl (see post 3 for instructions)
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Fixed and fully tested TV Out
    [*]User definable no-kill process white list w/16 slots! (see post 3)
    [*]Removed rescue apks and bins
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Added latest Mail.apk sans exchange security
    [*]Fixed button brightness sticky settings
    [*]Changed TV Out to try to fix issues
    [*]Modified Super SU app for s-on: removed su binary check
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Removed data throttling code
    [*]Added WiFi Tether auto-setup: sets important parameters automatically
    [*]Added flashable ZIP to set up template for sticky settings
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Updated multitasking mods to eliminate launcher reloads
    [*]Improved proximity sensor fix
    [*]Moved more apps to /data for easy uninstall
    [*]Added info message to s-on kernel installer
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Dual core on demand (no more forced dual core)
    [*]Unsecured boot image
    [*]Installed system binaries (may help with some user reported issues)
    [*]Finalized boot animation
    [*]Modified s-on installer that won't cause boot loops for s-on people
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Fixed dialer background (thanks iL Duce)
    [*]Increased max screen off clock speed to eliminate media stutter (should have little/no effect on battery)
    [*]New boot animation
    [/LIST]

Dirty wipe OK if coming from a prior version.  If this is your first time flashing MeanBean, you must do a full wipe and clean install.

[LIST]
    [*]Added long press back to kill app ([URL="http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?15490-MOD-Advanced-Power-Menu-3-15-651-16-MOD"]credit one_love_420[/URL])
    [*]Changed /system to mount r/w at boot
    [*]Updated ES File Explorer app
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Readjusted task killer tweaks and increased min memory values
    [*]Enabled TV Out in Settings menu (thanks Steal25)
    [*]Added an additional fix for black screen/proximity sensor
    [*]Updated Facebook app
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Further debloating
    [*]Removed useless "USB Connected" notification
    [*]Added TV Out
    [*]Incorporated [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1900626"]zeppelinrox 11[/URL] for task killing improvements
    [*]Moved Books, Magazines, and Google Music to /data for easy uninstall
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Added 4 and 5 line preview options to messaging app
    [*]Added WiFi Tether to white list so it is not killed by the task killer
    [*]Added Mail app with disabled Exchange security (thanks [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1679853"]Socrguru, tbonnano231 and shnizlon[/URL])
    [*]Updated Google Plus and Books
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]New boot animation
    [*]Power Toggles included (use similar to quick settings)
    [*]Updated task killer code to exclude widgets and launcher processes from being killed
    [*]Updated Google Maps
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Reviewed, updated, removed some old tweaks and added some new ones for better JB compatibility
    [*]Added WiFi authentication tweak
    [*]Added smooth scrolling mod
    [*]FC messages suppressed (will only show in log): flashable ZIP to turn on FC messages
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Added animated syn icon
    [*]Disabled night mode (connections remain on from 12am to 7am)
    [*]Updated camera to 3.15 base: modified with goodies
    [*]Added HTC Notes
    [*]Added code to keep widget processes from being killed (hopefully will fix widget FC's)
    [*]Fixed flashable ZIPs in /sdcard/MeanBean folder
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Fixed blinking boot animation
    [*]Fixed long boot times
    [*]Fixed HTC Connection Optimizer
    [*]Removed some logger apps
    [*]Added some critical tasks to the "no kill" task list
    [*]Disabled mpdecision and thermald to prevent constant error logging and increase battery life
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Fixed Google Now FC's
    [*]Fixed Gallery FC when using Dropbox
    [*]Proximity sensor fix ([URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32230610&postcount=8"]credit here[/URL])
    [*]Re-deodexed and zip aligned entire base
    [*]Fixed flashing white screen during boot animation on first boot
    [*]Fixed haptic feedback "jackhammer" option
    [*]Removed ugly power manager notification message (still accessible via "Settings", "Power")
    [*]Moved HTC Connection Optimizer to data so it can be uninstalled
    [*]Updated some core apps
    [*]Added flashable ZIPs to /sdcard/MeanBean folder
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Initial release
    [/LIST]

You must do a full wipe/clean install for this release.
    Aroma Installer for all ROM settings!

Flash stickysettings.zip in /sdcard/MeanBean to choose ROM settings such as overclocking, button layouts, haptic feedback settings, button brightness and much more. When you choose your settings in the Aroma installer, they will stick and survive dirty ROM updates, so you only have to flash stickysettings.zip when you want to change options! There is no longer any need to create or edit the ROM settings in /data/MeanBean.opt because the stickysettings.zip Aroma installer now builds that file for you based on your selections!

Overclocking: The ROM installs with the stock kernel with no mods (no OC, governors, zRAM, and Xbox controller support). To enable these options, flash the stickysettings.zip Aroma installer and choose "Modified" on the kernel options. This will open up kernel options and you can select what you like. The recommended settings for a modified kernel are the defaults. If you have trouble with reboots, apps closing, or other "random" problems, your phone probably can't run the current overclocking setting. Just flash the sticky settings, reduce the OC setting, reboot, and run an AnTuTu benchmark. If the AnTuTu benchmark closes when you run it (disappears), you are still running too fast: just keep backing off the OC setting until your phone (AnTuTu) is stable. Note that choosing "Max" for the voltage will typically let you run higher levels of OC.

WiFi Tether: If you have problems with WiFi Tether, run it once and choose "Auto" configuration in the settings. Then reboot and it should fix the problems. Also, try using "open" (no security): a few people have reported problems using security (WEP, WPA) on Jelly Bean with this app.​

New user customizable white (no kill) list sticky settings

New task killer white list (updated for v1.7 and up):

To customize the white list (no kill list), first flash "whitelist-template.zip" from your /sdcard/MeanBean folder. This will create the /data/MeanBean.wl file. The /data/MeanBean.wl file is a simple text file containing one process per line. To find the process name of a running process or app so you'll know what to put in the list, use System Tuner from the market and click on the task manager button in System Tuner. Then tap on the process/app name and the process name will be shown in the details for that app. You can then enter (all or part of) that process name in the /data/MeanBean.wl file. Wild cards are OK but be careful: for example, you can enter just "handcent" (without quotes) instead of entering the entire "com.handcent.nextsms" process name.

White list notes:
    • After flashing whitelist-template.zip, you'll notice the top 7 slots are the default ones for MeanBean: these can be deleted/changed!
    • 16 slots are available: to keep things clean, always leave all 16 lines in the MeanBean.wl file, including the ones that say <empty>
    • Each line in the file should contain only (all or part of) a process name or <empty> trailing entries: no comment lines allowed!
    • The list will terminate on the first <empty> entry, so don't leave <empty> entries in the middle of the list
    • For the last (16th) entry to work, you must leave the carriage return at the end (so that there's an empty 17th line)
    • The /data/MeanBean.wl file does not need to be marked with execute permissions: the whitelist-template.zip file will set perms as needed
    • Recommend editing the file with ES File Explorer (in root mode) or Root Explorer so as not to corrupt the file format
    • Process names are case sensitive like must Unix type commands: so make sure you get case correct in process names

OMJ Mod Pack Compatibility

See below for info on which mods in the OMJ mod pack are compatible with MeanBean:
    Note: The list below is for the 3.16 version of the mod pack: make sure you use the right one!

Compatible (with MeanBean 3.0 and earlier only: use the 3.16 mod pack)
    • Battery meter: :confused: verdict = nearly compatible. Only breaks animated sync icon.
    • Recent apps: :good: verdict = compatible. Works as a patch so should be OK.
    • Clock: :good: verdict = compatible. Works as a patch so should be OK.
    • Status bar: :good: verdict = compatible. Works as a patch so should be OK.
    • Rosie, home, and app drawer mods: :good: verdict = compatible. Note: removes ability to turn landscape on/off with sticky settings.
    • Boot animations: :good: verdict = compatible.
    • init.d scripts: :good: verdict = compatible.

Incompatible:
    • Exchange security: :crying: verdict = incompatible. Breaks fapple.
    • Camcorder fix: :crying: verdict = incompatible. Breaks fapple and Beats. Already built into MeanBean anyway.
    • Camera options: :crying: verdict = incompatible. Breaks shutter button if you are using the camera button search option. Also not needed.
    • Power menu: :crying: verdict = incompatible. Breaks long press and other options. Already built into MeanBean anyway.
    • Remove 2nd USB icon: :crying: verdict = incompatible. Breaks fapple and Beats. Already built into MeanBean anyway.
    • Haptic feedback: :crying: verdict = incompatible. Breaks long press and other options. Already an option in MeanBean sticky settings.
    • Auto brightness & keyboard: :crying: verdict = incompatible. Breaks power menu.

Compatible but not needed (already an option in MeanBean or already included in MeanBean):
    • Roam only: :rolleyes: verdict = not needed: built into MeanBean.
    • 5M MMS setting: :rolleyes: verdict = not needed: built into MeanBean.
    • MMS wake option: :rolleyes: verdict = not needed: built into MeanBean (use sticky settings to turn on/off).
    • Camera button mapping: :rolleyes: verdict = not needed: built into MeanBean.
    UPDATE

MeanBean 3.0 based on 3.16 is just about ready. Everything is done and it is in final testing now. Release later today. We will lose fapple and music box at least temporarily, but everything else is good to go.

Worked through the night last night on it... so just about blind now. ;)

Mike
    sweet! mikey is a animal! any problems and your rite on it.. HTC should hire you to dev for them!!! :p

Thanks. At least now I know not to try to pull an all nighter as those two fails were in the middle of the night when I had gone about cross-eyed. The rest are OK as I took a 4 hour "nap". ;)

BTW, I'm right there with you on the ishh. 2012 was the worst year of my life. Lost my dad (heart attack), my wife (divorce), half my time with the kids (divorce), and lots of other smaller stuff, so I can relate. Business for me hasn't been good either: mine is slower to recover from the economy I think. Hoping for a better 2013. Things seem to be "healing" but the "distraction" of my Android work and you all here has certainly helped keep my mind from crashing. So I'm thankful for this group too!

Mike