mtk6575 unbrick

Search This thread

Havunen

Aug 24, 2012
Hey,

I have been years just reading these forums but never made any posts, so thats why I cannot post to development section anyways. I happened to totally brick my phone by flashing wrong preloader into it. However this morning i succesfully reflashed it and now I have somehow working phone (just need to find new rom now) but anyways. This thread is to help other people who has semi bricked their phones as well.

Current situation.
-Phone doesn't charge,
-Phone doesn't turn on (nothing happens)
-Computer sees phone for few secs, so you have "META mode" access. If your computer doesn't see your phone at all make modified USB connect the 4pin to ground. This is what I did actually. If that doesn't work you can google for test points.

My device:
MTK6575 (Fake mt6589)
512MT RAM (fake 2GB)
800x460 resolution (fake 1920x1080)
4GB internal memory (fake 8gb)
5" screen
2200mah battery (fake 3000mah)

OK this is the prodecure that got my phone back to live!

Install windows XP (Yes, windows 8 didn't work for me. most likely drivers are not ready for it. I will not write steps how to install windows xp)
Install USB deview
-Google it, download it, extract package and run it
-Remove all drivers related to Mediatek, android, usb vcom etc.
Download and install VCOM USB Drivers
-Download these drivers http://www.mediafire.com/download/31nddwqdot5ajp2/MT6575+USB+VCOM+drivers.zip
-Put your phone battery in (50% charge) required. wait 10s. Take battery off and connect your phone to PC as meta mode ( modified USB cable, VOL+/- while connecting, you can read more about this from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943442
-When your phone is connected it will disconnect after ~3-5seconds. Now you have to wait in device manager connect the phone right click the device when it shows up. Install driver from the location where you unpacked your VCOM USB drivers/2K_XP_COM/ dont automaticly install them but manually. After windows have found drivers UNTICK show compatible devices. And MANUALLY select preloader driver. Now it will install it the next time the device connects. OK now we have Preloader driver in place. Notice that we will install one more driver later needed in flashing procedure. Disconnect phone.

Now download compatible rom. for me My backup was not working, but this rom worked out perfectly:
http://search.4shared.com/postDownload/wILsUT7J/MTK6575_S4_FLASH_TOOLS_YEDEK.html

Download SP Flash Tool v3.1222.00, extract it.

Ok lets recap what we have now:
-preloader drivers
-phone disconnected
-SP Flash Tool v3.1222.00
-back up we can use to flash

Open flash tool, enter scatter file and go to Format
-Select Format whole flash except bootloader and nvram bin region. -> connect phone -> succeed
-Select Format NVRAM bin region ONLY -> connect phone -> succeed
-Select Format whole flash -> connect phone -> succeed

Ok. Next we need to flash compatible rom this part is tricky. Read before doing anything.
-Disconnect your phone, enter battery (50% charge required)
-wait atlaest 15seconds, and remove battery
-(I dont know why those steps were required, but didn't work without it)
-Open SP Flash tool select scatter file and select all checkboxes
-press download
-connect your phone in META mode with Preloader drivers we installed before.
-Now red prograss bar will start going and phone will disconnect After it reconnect We want ANOTHER drivers are located in the same place but now we need to select Mediatek DA Vcom USB drivers. If everything went fine you get yellow progress bar and it will reflash your phone! :victory:

In the last part if you got Error 5054, This is good. It means your phone is still alive! but your current preloader does not match the data you are going to flash. So you need to go back to google and download other rom try flashing everything (thats what I did, before hitting jack pot, eventually you will find compatible rom)
If you got ERROR 3002 switch back to SP Flash Tool v3.1222.00 newer one doesn't work!
I got some other errors as well when flashing and I solved them but didn't write down the errors so I cant remember them sorry :(

Remember before connect phone as META mode. Plug in battery with atlaest 50% power wait 15s. remove it. and connect the phone to PC. This was the mysterious step I was missing when struggling with this 5 days!
By the time of writing this article I got my phone working rom, everything works.

GOOD LUCK

ps. Sorry for typos.

:angel: kthxbai

Reactions: nkrishna

Havunen

Aug 24, 2012
thanks!

AND THANKS FOR yuweng and rui1 who made this all possible!

anyway now I'm back to porting CM to our device. hopefully this helped somebody (and yes, I will be more careful this time)

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2014
Hi, it worked for me and i could unbrick my mtk6575

Hi, there
rom given in post worked for me
and i could finally unbrick my phone, but now it asks for the password to decrypt storage after boot. I don't know what to do.
please provide password or any solution to it.

jeet4you

Mar 23, 2014
my device is stuck on boot?

Hey,

I have been years just reading these forums but never made any posts, so thats why I cannot post to development section anyways. I happened to totally brick my phone by flashing wrong preloader into it. However this morning i succesfully reflashed it and now I have somehow working phone (just need to find new rom now) but anyways. This thread is to help other people who has semi bricked their phones as well.

Current situation.
-Phone doesn't charge,
-Computer sees phone for few secs, so you have "META mode" access. If your computer doesn't see your phone at all make modified USB connect the 4pin to ground. This is what I did actually. If that doesn't work you can google for test points.

My device:
MTK6575 (Fake mt6589)
512MT RAM (fake 2GB)
5" screen

Install windows XP (Yes, windows 8 didn't work for me. most likely drivers are not ready for it. I will not write steps how to install windows xp)
Install USB deview
-Download these drivers http://www.mediafire.com/download/31nddwqdot5ajp2/MT6575+USB+VCOM+drivers.zip
-Put your phone battery in (50% charge) required. wait 10s. Take battery off and connect your phone to PC as meta mode ( modified USB cable, VOL+/- while connecting, you can read more about this from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943442
-When your phone is connected it will disconnect after ~3-5seconds. Now you have to wait in device manager connect the phone right click the device when it shows up. Install driver from the location where you unpacked your VCOM USB drivers/2K_XP_COM/ dont automaticly install them but manually. After windows have found drivers UNTICK show compatible devices. And MANUALLY select preloader driver. Now it will install it the next time the device connects. OK now we have Preloader driver in place. Notice that we will install one more driver later needed in flashing procedure. Disconnect phone.

Now download compatible rom. for me My backup was not working, but this rom worked out perfectly:
http://search.4shared.com/postDownload/wILsUT7J/MTK6575_S4_FLASH_TOOLS_YEDEK.html

-preloader drivers
-phone disconnected

-Select Format whole flash except bootloader and nvram bin region. -> connect phone -> succeed

Ok. Next we need to flash compatible rom this part is tricky. Read before doing anything.
-press download
-Now red prograss bar will start going and phone will disconnect After it reconnect We want ANOTHER drivers are located in the same place but now we need to select Mediatek DA Vcom USB drivers. If everything went fine you get yellow progress bar and it will reflash your phone! :victory:

In the last part if you got Error 5054, This is good. It means your phone is still alive! but your current preloader does not match the data you are going to flash. So you need to go back to google and download other rom try flashing everything (thats what I did, before hitting jack pot, eventually you will find compatible rom)
If you got ERROR 3002 switch back to SP Flash Tool v3.1222.00 newer one doesn't work!
I got some other errors as well when flashing and I solved them but didn't write down the errors so I cant remember them sorry :(

Remember before connect phone as META mode. Plug in battery with atlaest 50% power wait 15s. remove it. and connect the phone to PC. This was the mysterious step I was missing when struggling with this 5 days!
By the time of writing this article I got my phone working rom, everything works.

GOOD LUCK

ps. Sorry for typos.

my rooted mt6575(spice mi-315) device stuck on boot logo. i also tried clar cache and wipe all data bt still same boot logo appear . i am going to ur theard when i format whole flash except bootloader and navram. and connect my device to pc and error occured.....

soulindub

Nov 3, 2015
does some know where to find a latest rom for my mtk 6575(samsung glx,y grand duo hard copy) plz i really need 1

soulindub

Nov 3, 2015
google play service was not working so i uninstalled it to intall a proper vrsion but when i try install it from google play store it says imcompatible with same shared id what can i do plz hlp me coz some of my apps and game r not working...

miskiab

May 9, 2012
gapps and cwm problems

google play service was not working so i uninstalled it to intall a proper vrsion but when i try install it from google play store it says imcompatible with same shared id what can i do plz hlp me coz some of my apps and game r not working...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snekhers

I need this informations roms!

Screen : 540x960
BB Chip : MT6577
Ms Board : Glaxy S3
IMEI1 : XXXXXX
IMEI2: XXXXXX
Modem Ver. : MAUI.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V12. 2012/09/20 18:56
Bar code : 030801050804260123456788.81_20390210
Build Time : 2012 10 17 15:02:47 CST
UBoot Ver. : 2010.06
Kernel Ver. : 4.1.1
SW Ver. : ALPS.ICS.MP.V2.6
Custom Build Verno. : 005121017
hi, a have same phone and is it possible update new rom? Why? Because thşs rom very stable but one except, google contacts cant sync.
And i m trying cwm install with MTKdroid tools its runing but ONLY ONE TAKE. After the reboot in CWM menu coming orginal factory recovery(yellow simple screen and only have test etc. menus) why? ((

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

Current situation.
    -Phone doesn't charge,

My device:
    MTK6575 (Fake mt6589)
    512MT RAM (fake 2GB)
    5" screen

Install USB deview

-preloader drivers
    -phone disconnected

-press download

GOOD LUCK

ps. Sorry for typos.