[Root][App]Media Scanner Switch

Search This thread

alttafv

Dec 16, 2011
Ahmedabad
Thanks doc. Nice app. Will try few days n report u.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4
Rom: MiUiAndroid (3.8.9)
Kernel: iNBuilT PhiLz
My rom don't need any tweaks as its already powered by MiUi ;)

vel_tins

Jun 23, 2007
Bangkok
Can't install

Code:
04-26 14:31:31.729 E/PackageManager( 2251): Package com.yahoo.dr.ketan.mediascanner requires unavailable shared library com.google.android.maps; failing!

04-26 14:31:31.729 W/PackageManager( 2251): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.yahoo.dr.ketan.mediascanner-1.apk

Needs "shared library com.google.android.maps" for what?

12gage

Sep 3, 2007
Albany, OR
Would it be possible to include a Tasker plugin capability? I would like to Automate it to enable media scan on AC power and automatically disable once unplugged. Thanks in advance.

thermax04

Nov 26, 2010
Did not work with stock KitKat NC2 +root
still shows Media in Running services!!!

Hirishiolo

Jun 7, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
I dont' know if this app works... how can I test it? How can I force it to media search like old Media Scan app? enabling it?

EDIT: using this app, is it the same disabling "Media Storage" with Autostarts or does it do something more? thank you...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Media Scanner Switch
    As we know there is no other application seems to work on recent Kitkat update. so here made small tool which works on kitkat.

attachment.php
    attachment.php

We know our device scans media on every boot, and that makes device slow on booting, also while scanning is running Call recording mod can't save recording. Also it drains considerable amount of battery juice.
    This application simply disable/kill media scanning process. Also you can enable it any time (mostly needs after updating media files to device)
    Sometimes after enabling it still media scan doesn't starts, just plug in to USB and transfer a media file.

Requirements :
    It should work on 4.0 +
    It needs Root
    Needs to have USB debugging enable (Don't know how? setting-general-about device-build number - tap 7 times on build number and you will find developer option just before about device - enable USB debugging from there)

How to use :
    Install attached application
    Open from App drawer
    It will pop up Two option Enable and Disable. Select according your need and on successful activity, you will find toast notification. (see screenshot)

PS : I know this is very useful tool and no known other app seems to works on kitkat, As all user can't pay online I am making this application FREE. But if you find it useful and able to buy online please consider to purchase from play store.
    Download

play store (it have same function but have new UI and showing current status)

PS : Don't use this if you don't know why and when to enable/disable media scanning.
    Also check you have USB debugging on.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium
    Check your supersu app setting, set default permission to [Prompt]
    Also check supersu - app list if Media Scanner Switch app listed as failed. Just click and select forget.
    Now when you select enable /disable in Switch, it should ask for supersu permission and you have to grant it.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium
    Well known Media Scan Root unfortunately doesn't working on Kitkat. I always prefer to keep media scanning disabled unless I need it b'coz I don't wish with every USB connection and reboot I lose battery juice. So here is trick how to enable/disable media scanning.

1.Download attached Enable Media scanning and Disable media scanning txt file and copy to SD card
    2.Download Terminal emulator from play store
    3.Open terminal emulator and type

and enter. Grant superuser permission
    4.Now open txt file you have copied (as per you want to enable/disable) with text editor and copy full line and paste to terminal emulator window and enter
    here example for Enabling media scanner.

enter
    It should be like this.
    attachment.php

Done.No need to reboot.

PS : Don't use this if you don't know why and when to enable/disable media scanning.

definitely a must...:good:
    No no
    You need it if some music or video files you copied is not available in library.