[Q] Three button headsets?

Search This thread

jimmyhauser

May 28, 2006
Does anyone know if the G3 will work with three button headsets? As much as I loved my Moto X, the lack of three button functionality killed it for me. I really want to get a G3, but if it won't support 3 buttons, that's a deal breaker for me.

I know stock and stock-ish android doesn't support it, while the skinned versions like touchwiz generally do (all my galaxy and HTC phones did) so I am hoping LG's does.

mingkee

Does anyone know if the G3 will work with three button headsets? As much as I loved my Moto X, the lack of three button functionality killed it for me. I really want to get a G3, but if it won't support 3 buttons, that's a deal breaker for me.

I know stock and stock-ish android doesn't support it, while the skinned versions like touchwiz generally do (all my galaxy and HTC phones did) so I am hoping LG's does.

Forget those designed for iPhone (volume buttons won't work), but there's a chance Samsung stereo headset with volume buttons will fully work according to past experience with LG phones (OT, L9).

Jun 3, 2014

It seems to be same g2. Its name quadbeat2 is written on package. You can find review by googling

jimmyhauser

May 28, 2006
Forget those designed for iPhone (volume buttons won't work), but there's a chance Samsung stereo headset with volume buttons will fully work according to past experience with LG phones (OT, L9).

I know the iphone headphones won't work. But the made for android 3-button headsets worked with my GS3, GS4, HTC One X, as well as my windows phones.
None of the android 3button headsets worked with my Nexus or Moto X. I have never had an LG phone so I was just wondering.

stunt_101

May 6, 2013

The QuadBeats 2 that comes with the phone have three buttons on them. and i'm assuming that they should work perfectly with the phone. i'll test them out tonight and report back.

pvine

Feb 22, 2013
Syracuse

Apatronix earbuds work, all three buttons I just tried them out. They were about 16 bucks on Amazon. Sound quality won't change your life give it is solid for a $16 pair of buds.