[APP] Android Loader v6.0 Final for HD2

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
There are numerous Android Bootloaders out there right now that will load Android before WindowsMobile boots up (into the screen) but this app is a bit special and has everything that you will ever need all in one ;)

For starters you can load Android easily once you are already using Windows. It comes with a cool looking icon so you can add it to Sense or Mobile Shell or whatever you use as your day to day interface.

On installation you can also set your default Operating System (Android or Windows Mobile), then you will be asked for an AutoBoot timeout (3, 5, 10, 20, 30 or 60 seconds). After a soft reset of your phone, as soon as WindowsMobile boots up you will be prompted to choose what you want to boot into. If you make no selection then your default Operating System will be Auto loaded after the time out.

You will also be asked on installation to select the folder where your Android files are (no typing needed). This NEW feature means that when developers bring out Android Builds that arent in the standard 'Android' folder you can still auto load it without any problems. If you make no selection or cancel then the default location will be set (Storage Card\Android) :D

Another NEW feature is a Windows Link (with icon) that will Soft Reset your phone and then load straight into Android without any prompts. This was added by request for people who want to load Android after Windows has been running for a while, but want to reset the phone before loading it.

Last but by no means least there is a folder in the Start Menu called 'Android Loader' which holds a Manager app where you can change any of the default settings. There are also 2 switches, Fast Mode will load Android as soon as the icon is clicked, Safe Mode will always ask for confirmation when the icon is clicked to avoid accidental loading.

When it is run the Android loader will first run Clrcad.exe for the sound and then a second later run haret.exe to start Android.

NOTE: If you want to run a different build that is in a different folder then you can use the Loader Manager utility to change the Android Path. If the new build will be in the same folder then there is no need to reinstall :)

ChangeLog:
V6.0 (18th December 2010) -
Added the final feature missing from this Loader, an AutoBooter with configureable default OS and selection of timeouts. Also if no location is set then a default location is automatically set to help avoid bad installations. Registry entrys have been moved to the HKLM, Software folder and the Loader is fully uninstallable including uninstallation of all registry settings.

V5.0 (24th September 2010)
- Added a Loader Manager utility in the Start Menu, Android Loader folder. With this utility you can change any of the options that was asked when installing the Android Loader. Change the Startup Boot Option, Change the Startup Folder where Android is and Change which icons are shown in the Start Menu on the fly without having to reinstall the app.

Added a switch in the Start Menu, Android Loader folder. By default Android will boot straight away when the icon is clicked (fast mode) but you can now switch to safe mode which will ask a confirmation question before booting Android when you click on the icon.

V4.1 (10th August 2010)
- Changed the icon images for a better look and also added detection for my Ubuntu Loader in post#2 so that both auto loaders cant be set at windows startup.

DONT ASK IN THIS THREAD ABOUT QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS WITH ANDROID. THIS IS TO BE KEPT JUST ABOUT THE ANDROID LOADER.

--------------------------------------

Useage:

1. Make sure you have your desired build of Android copied across to your Storage Card. Go *HERE* for download links.

2. Make sure to uninstall any previous versions if you are updating.

3. Using a File Manager, browse to the file on your phone and install the cab to DEVICE Memory.

4. You will now be asked if you want a prompt everytime you start WindowsMobile to run Android or continue to Windows. This is your Autoboot setting. If you select No you wont get this.

5. You will now be asked which Android links you want displayed in the Start Menu (Android, Android with Soft Reset or Both).

6. You will now be asked select the folder where your Android build is copied to. You only have to do this once, it will remember the settings until you uninstall the program.

NOTE: If your icons dont change in HTC Sense after upgrading the cab then install and run SICC (Sense Icon Cache Clearer) *HERE* and your new icon will be shown after a soft reset.

If you enjoy using this program or anything else I do please consider making a donation. Even if its just a small amount it gives me satisfaction and enthusiasm to carry on developing and appreciation of my work is very welcome.

Enjoy :D

Mark.

th_Android.png
th_AndroidSoftReset.png

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
[APP] Ubuntu Loader v1.0 for HD2

This app will load Ubuntu before WindowsMobile boots up (into the screen) but it has more features too
wink.gif

For starters you can load Ubuntu easily once you are already using Windows. It comes with a cool looking icon so you can add it to Sense or Mobile Shell or whatever you use as your day to day interface.

On installation you can also set the Ubuntu Loader to ask you what you want to do as soon as WindowsMobile boots up. If you select 'yes' then everytime Windows boots up you can choose between loading Ubuntu or carrying on into Windows. If my Android loader is detected with the Startup option set then this will be disabled for Ubuntu.

You will also be asked on installation to select the folder where your Ubuntu files are (no typing needed). This is mainly to get round the problem of different language Roms but its also useful if Ubuntu is put in a different folder
biggrin.gif

Another NEW feature is a Windows Link (with icon) that will Soft Reset your phone and then load straight into Ubuntu without any prompts. This is for people who want to load Ubuntu after Windows has been running for a while, but want to reset the phone before loading it.

DONT ASK IN THIS THREAD ABOUT QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS WITH UBUNTU. THIS IS TO BE KEPT JUST ABOUT THE UBUNTU LOADER.

Useage:

1. Make sure you have the Ubuntu files copied to your Storage Card already.

2. Install the cab to DEVICE Memory.

3. You will now be asked if you want a prompt everytime you start WindowsMobile to run
Ubuntu or continue to Windows. If you select No you wont get this.

4. You will now be asked which
Ubuntu links you want displayed in the Start Menu (Ubuntu, Ubuntu with Soft Reset or Both).

5. You will now be asked select the folder where your
Ubuntu build is copied to. You only have to do this once, it will remember the settings until you uninstall the program.

If you enjoy using this program or anything else I do please consider making a donation. Even if its just a small amount it gives me satisfaction and enthusiasm to carry on developing and appreciation of my work is very welcome.

Enjoy
biggrin.gif

Mark.

Attachments

• mskip_Ubuntu_Loader_V1.0.cab
    258.2 KB · Views: 2,963
Last edited:

heuteabendwo

Apr 14, 2010
Erlangen
i read some tipps and they suggest, android should be started within 30s after WM-Starting. Otherwise it is not stable and there are some other bugs.

With your app...for example after 10 mins with WM, I start Android.
Will android start normally without any bug?

stratplayer

Nov 4, 2009
Bristol
blog.stratplayer.org
i read some tipps and they suggest, android should be started within 30s after WM-Starting. Otherwise it is not stable and there are some other bugs.

I read the same thing, but I am not sure what substance there is to it.

Needless to say both bootloader programs prompt you to choose at the start after powering on the device so I would tend to beleive you need to.

Simple answer to this dilema though is to run the shortcut as soon as Windows loads, infact I've read some people turn off HTC Sense so it loads up quicker when starting and then select to load Android... not tried myself, but sounds like a reasonable idea!

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk

That bug has been fixed by cotulla with the latest zimage file. The problem you are referring to is known as Turbo Mode which means the clock runs faster when starting Android after Windows has been running too long but like I said thats fixed now. You can now leave Windows Mobile running all day if you wanted and there wouldnt be any problem when loading Android.

Mark.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk

Needless to say both bootloader programs prompt you to choose at the start after powering on the device so I would tend to beleive you need to.

Simple answer to this dilema though is to run the shortcut as soon as Windows loads, infact I've read some people turn off HTC Sense so it loads up quicker when starting and then select to load Android... not tried myself, but sounds like a reasonable idea!
No need to turn off HTC Sense it doesnt affect the running of Android in any way :)

Mark.

Reactions: harryreid

mogglu

Dec 26, 2007
Vienna
Note: at the moment this is only available for WWE Roms as the name of the Storage Card is different for non WWE Roms. If you let me know the name of your Storage Card then I will make a cab for your language Rom.

could you please make a german version as you offered?

the german name for storage card is "Speicherkarte".

thanks,
ingo

Last edited:

ATomCZ

Mar 20, 2008
Prague
Great app/shortcut. Thank you very much. This is much better than run booth files manually. But will be great possibility to install booth version for desire and froyo version.

11calcal

Mar 28, 2010
Liverpool
Mark can i use this version if the Android is on a folder as with the others you can only use them if they are on the root of the sd card?
correct me if I'm wrong ;)

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Mark can i use this version if the Android is on a folder as with the others you can only use them if they are on the root of the sd card?
correct me if I'm wrong ;)
The Desire version is for any Android port that is in the ROOT of the Storage Card. The Froyo version is for any port which is in the Android Folder in the ROOT of the storage card. You can install both and run either if you have both versions on your Storage Card.

Mark.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Great app/shortcut. Thank you very much. This is much better than run booth files manually. But will be great possibility to install booth version for desire and froyo version.
You can install both cabs if you wish and just run the one you want to load up.

Mark.

11calcal

Mar 28, 2010
Liverpool
The Desire version is for any Android port that is in the ROOT of the Storage Card. The Froyo version is for any port which is in the Android Folder in the ROOT of the storage card. You can install both and run either if you have both versions on your Storage Card.

Mark.

Cheers just wanted to clarify because I've got dans desire on android folder plus froyo on another android folder so just needed a heads up. Thanx

ATomCZ

Mar 20, 2008
Prague
I tried this it uninstall desire version if I can install Froyo version and vice versa

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are numerous Android Bootloaders out there right now that will load Android before WindowsMobile boots up (into the screen) but this app is a bit special and has everything that you will ever need all in one ;)

For starters you can load Android easily once you are already using Windows. It comes with a cool looking icon so you can add it to Sense or Mobile Shell or whatever you use as your day to day interface.

On installation you can also set your default Operating System (Android or Windows Mobile), then you will be asked for an AutoBoot timeout (3, 5, 10, 20, 30 or 60 seconds). After a soft reset of your phone, as soon as WindowsMobile boots up you will be prompted to choose what you want to boot into. If you make no selection then your default Operating System will be Auto loaded after the time out.

You will also be asked on installation to select the folder where your Android files are (no typing needed). This NEW feature means that when developers bring out Android Builds that arent in the standard 'Android' folder you can still auto load it without any problems. If you make no selection or cancel then the default location will be set (Storage Card\Android) :D

Another NEW feature is a Windows Link (with icon) that will Soft Reset your phone and then load straight into Android without any prompts. This was added by request for people who want to load Android after Windows has been running for a while, but want to reset the phone before loading it.

Last but by no means least there is a folder in the Start Menu called 'Android Loader' which holds a Manager app where you can change any of the default settings. There are also 2 switches, Fast Mode will load Android as soon as the icon is clicked, Safe Mode will always ask for confirmation when the icon is clicked to avoid accidental loading.

When it is run the Android loader will first run Clrcad.exe for the sound and then a second later run haret.exe to start Android.

NOTE: If you want to run a different build that is in a different folder then you can use the Loader Manager utility to change the Android Path. If the new build will be in the same folder then there is no need to reinstall :)

ChangeLog:
    V6.0 (18th December 2010) -
    Added the final feature missing from this Loader, an AutoBooter with configureable default OS and selection of timeouts. Also if no location is set then a default location is automatically set to help avoid bad installations. Registry entrys have been moved to the HKLM, Software folder and the Loader is fully uninstallable including uninstallation of all registry settings.

V5.0 (24th September 2010)
    - Added a Loader Manager utility in the Start Menu, Android Loader folder. With this utility you can change any of the options that was asked when installing the Android Loader. Change the Startup Boot Option, Change the Startup Folder where Android is and Change which icons are shown in the Start Menu on the fly without having to reinstall the app.

Added a switch in the Start Menu, Android Loader folder. By default Android will boot straight away when the icon is clicked (fast mode) but you can now switch to safe mode which will ask a confirmation question before booting Android when you click on the icon.

V4.1 (10th August 2010)
    - Changed the icon images for a better look and also added detection for my Ubuntu Loader in post#2 so that both auto loaders cant be set at windows startup.

DONT ASK IN THIS THREAD ABOUT QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS WITH ANDROID. THIS IS TO BE KEPT JUST ABOUT THE ANDROID LOADER.

Useage:

1. Make sure you have your desired build of Android copied across to your Storage Card. Go *HERE* for download links.

2. Make sure to uninstall any previous versions if you are updating.

3. Using a File Manager, browse to the file on your phone and install the cab to DEVICE Memory.

4. You will now be asked if you want a prompt everytime you start WindowsMobile to run Android or continue to Windows. This is your Autoboot setting. If you select No you wont get this.

5. You will now be asked which Android links you want displayed in the Start Menu (Android, Android with Soft Reset or Both).

6. You will now be asked select the folder where your Android build is copied to. You only have to do this once, it will remember the settings until you uninstall the program.

NOTE: If your icons dont change in HTC Sense after upgrading the cab then install and run SICC (Sense Icon Cache Clearer) *HERE* and your new icon will be shown after a soft reset.

Enjoy :D

Mark.

th_Android.png
    th_AndroidSoftReset.png
    where is your thanks button ?
    Next to the EDIT button at the bottom of the post you want to thank?

Mark.
    [APP] Ubuntu Loader v1.0 for HD2

This app will load Ubuntu before WindowsMobile boots up (into the screen) but it has more features too
    wink.gif

For starters you can load Ubuntu easily once you are already using Windows. It comes with a cool looking icon so you can add it to Sense or Mobile Shell or whatever you use as your day to day interface.

On installation you can also set the Ubuntu Loader to ask you what you want to do as soon as WindowsMobile boots up. If you select 'yes' then everytime Windows boots up you can choose between loading Ubuntu or carrying on into Windows. If my Android loader is detected with the Startup option set then this will be disabled for Ubuntu.

You will also be asked on installation to select the folder where your Ubuntu files are (no typing needed). This is mainly to get round the problem of different language Roms but its also useful if Ubuntu is put in a different folder
    biggrin.gif

Another NEW feature is a Windows Link (with icon) that will Soft Reset your phone and then load straight into Ubuntu without any prompts. This is for people who want to load Ubuntu after Windows has been running for a while, but want to reset the phone before loading it.

DONT ASK IN THIS THREAD ABOUT QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS WITH UBUNTU. THIS IS TO BE KEPT JUST ABOUT THE UBUNTU LOADER.

Useage:

1. Make sure you have the Ubuntu files copied to your Storage Card already.

2. Install the cab to DEVICE Memory.

3. You will now be asked if you want a prompt everytime you start WindowsMobile to run
    Ubuntu or continue to Windows. If you select No you wont get this.

4. You will now be asked which
    Ubuntu links you want displayed in the Start Menu (Ubuntu, Ubuntu with Soft Reset or Both).

5. You will now be asked select the folder where your
    Ubuntu build is copied to. You only have to do this once, it will remember the settings until you uninstall the program.

Enjoy
    biggrin.gif

Mark.
    hate to seem stupid but im new to all this how long should the cab take to install mines been going for a good five minutes
    There are no stupid questions only stupid answers :)

The cab should only take a few seconds to install and then go through a series of questions to set it all up. If thats not happened then try rebooting your phone, run the cab straight away and make sure you install to device memory.

Mark.

No need to turn off HTC Sense it doesnt affect the running of Android in any way :)

Mark.