[MOD] 4x5 TouchWiz Launcher

Search This thread
G

GuestK00143

anybody know if this would work and is even needed on Alliance rom ?

If not needed.. how would I enable in Alliance ?
Yup, it works fine with Alliance. It's your choice if it's needed or not, personally I love the 4x5 grid size. If you want the stock launcher back just copy TouchWizHome.apk from the system/priv-app folder before you flash the zip to your ext sd card. Then if you want stock back replace the app in the zip with the one on your ext sd and flash it. It's in the same folder in the zip file.

Last edited:

jaladhjin

Jul 13, 2013
Yup, it works fine with Alliance. It's your choice if it's needed or not, personally I love the 4x5 grid size. If you want the stock launcher back just copy TouchWizHome.apk from the system/priv-app folder before you flash the zip to your ext sd card. Then if you want stock back replace the app in the zip with the one on your ext sd and flash it. It's in the same folder in the zip file.

Is needed though right can't just enable in Alliance settings?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

jaladhjin

Jul 13, 2013
Okay so I flashed :)

Tell me who to talk to & I will flashing yours got rid of the 7 or 8 ish themes in the alliance long press home screen theme chooser when I flashed..

I can kinda understand why.. But is there anything I can to to fix or who to request a potential feature addition from?

The launcher themes are simple.. Icons on the bottom & wallpapers..

So I believe they'd have played well just fine.

jaladhjin

Jul 13, 2013

So just for the sake of me learning a thing or two..

Does the name of the actual flashable zip file matter..

Could I rename TouchWiz4x5.zip to YourMother.zip or does the name on the zip matter ?

And then.. is the difference between app & privapp some big complicated thing only enthusiastic devs know ? I'd be interested in knowing that structure difference..

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

also.. the custom theme options went away when I flashed this 4x5

think they'll return if I flash back to "stock" ?

G

GuestK00143

So just for the sake of me learning a thing or two..

Does the name of the actual flashable zip file matter..

Could I rename TouchWiz4x5.zip to YourMother.zip or does the name on the zip matter ?

And then.. is the difference between app & privapp some big complicated thing only enthusiastic devs know ? I'd be interested in knowing that structure difference..

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

also.. the custom theme options went away when I flashed this 4x5

think they'll return if I flash back to "stock" ?
You can rename the zip to whatever you want. Here is a good description on the app and priv-app, it's basically app permissions . You will need to re-apply the theme options, they should work the same with the 4x5 launcher, it's just a grid size change and nothing else.

jaladhjin

Jul 13, 2013
You can rename the zip to whatever you want. Here is a good description on the app and priv-app, it's basically app permissions . You will need to re-apply the theme options, they should work the same with the 4x5 launcher, it's just a grid size change and nothing else.

I did find the launcher customizations in the Rom Customizer app.. since they were gone from long press on home screen options..

Sad to say though with the 4x5 the wallpaper worked but the icons did not :( for like the dialer etc

Rickinsav

Mar 29, 2011
Savannah, GA
This will make the launcher home screen 4 (wide) x 5 (high)
It will also make the app drawer 4 (wide) x 6 (high)

Only tested on Verizon GS5 (SM-G900V)

Flash using safestrap.

I'm new to modding so let me know if there's anything that needs to be changed or doesn't work right.

ENJOY!

Don't be shy with that Thanks button!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, make sure busybox is installed before flashing. It uses it to mount /system during the flash process.

DON'T FORGET TO DISABLE REACTIVATION LOCK!!! I booted to recovery to flash this and forgot.

briantacker

Feb 9, 2012
How did you get it to work? Were you able to get safestrap working?

Edit: Nevermind...busybox didn't install correctly the first time :-\

Last edited:

flipmode_11

Nov 24, 2009
Please wait...
So is that it?
Surely there must have been progress since 2014??
There are so many things I have about each launcher I have tested, 8 now. I have just installed Microsoft launcher to give it a try.

But the stock TouchWiz Lollipop launcher is truly brilliant. Nova Launcher was excellent, but a few things clumsy. Note Launcher (Note8) was even better, but again missing essential functionality.
I tried Eve Launcher and that was terrible.
The story goes on... And on.....

Is there any way to get 5x5 on the home screen and app list WITHOUT ROOT??? Default is 4x4 home & 4x5 app list screens.
Something that can be flashed, some new technique, package disablers / renamer, stock Rom via the startup Updating Apps.... Etc?

Greatly appreciate anyone's help! ? ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will make the launcher home screen 4 (wide) x 5 (high)
    It will also make the app drawer 4 (wide) x 6 (high)

Only tested on Verizon GS5 (SM-G900V)

Flash using safestrap.

I'm new to modding so let me know if there's anything that needs to be changed or doesn't work right.

ENJOY!

Don't be shy with that Thanks button!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, make sure busybox is installed before flashing. It uses it to mount /system during the flash process.
    This is awesome. Do you think you'll tweak an L home launcher to be 4x5 as well? I know I'd download it!
    I can give it a shot if you show me where to get it.
    Is needed though right can't just enable in Alliance settings?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    No launcher options with Alliance. You can run a different launcher, like nova, apex, et al.

Sent from my Alliance Galaxy S5.