Update: If you have an evo 3d...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fernando sor

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 7, 2010
north of the wall
The problem was a lot of the dev thread section was garbage posts and threads. There has to be order. I understand people's frustration but stericson has done a lot for xda

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

kkwus74

Jun 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A53
The problem was a lot of the dev thread section was garbage posts and threads. There has to be order. I understand people's frustration but stericson has done a lot for xda

So asking questions and giving suggestions is now garbage? It's development for the love of God. Questions and suggestions are part of it.

PS. And as a mod, you don't go and say 'oh there's no proof yet, oh he didn't do it alone. It was a team effort...... Wtf?

Sent using my smoking Evo3D

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
LG V20
Nokia Lumia 520
I agree with the moderator, why do people think they needed to post their auto response letter from htc or some other off topic nonsense in the rooting process thread in development, also trolling in development. The devs are trying to accomplish something and all I kept reading was copy and pasted emails on every other page. The mod has warned the users several times this is against the rules of xda and will be enforced, yet people still post off topic and non related dev stuff in development cluttering up the thread.

Now you guys are all butt hurt because you had to take a one day ban because you can't follow directions. Ni**a please. Even after making examples of what not to post people continued to do it, I probably would have been a tougher mod, but I think he's been more than fair.

As far as closing thread, I guess that's what it takes to get people to understand not to post in a development thread unless its development related.

Last edited:
Reactions: erikivy

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
LG V20
Nokia Lumia 520
Not a noob or a whiner but that mod is on a power trip and acting like a d*ick. I was reading the root post.....not posting and made a simple suggestion to make the thread read only except to the developers.....guess what? I got banned. LOL so screw him.

Did you PM him or did you post your suggestion on his Modding in the root thread where it doesn't belong?

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
LG V20
Nokia Lumia 520
This thread is closed. When this rom is ready to go, then it can be re-opened, until then I don't see any actual development ongoing in here.

agrabren - PM me when your ready to post the rom

Yea full of post of people asking "how do I flash this" "downloading now" "what do i do with it" and yea "woooohoooo!"

dfin13

Aug 23, 2007
Memphis, TN
That thread had spiraled out of control, and despite repeated warnings to keep it on topic, people just kept posting the same crap. Despite warnings that posting off-topic crap like "Yeah, way to go!" would result in a ban, people did it anyway. I was watching that thread for information and progress, instead it was 90% non-informative, mostly people asking the same dumb questions over and over.

There is a General section for that kind of stuff.

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
I agree with the moderator, why do people think they needed to post their auto response letter from htc or some other off topic nonsense in the rooting process thread in development, also trolling in development. The devs are trying to accomplish something and all I kept reading was copy and pasted emails on every other page. The mod has warned the users several times this is against the rules of xda and will be enforced, yet people still post off topic and non related dev stuff in development cluttering up the thread.

Now you guys are all butt hurt because you had to take a one day ban because you can't follow directions. Ni**a please. Even after making examples of what not to post people continued to do it, I probably would have been a tougher mod, but I think he's been more than fair.

Okay well when you bring up the HTC letters being posted, where the heck was he when that was going on? It wasn't till actual work was trying to get done that he stepped in and shut stuff down.

Hell there are a ton of threads in the Dev sections on XDA that have a ton of general nonsense talk in them. Yet they are not treated the same?? I get you dont want to clutter development but if your going to do it, just create another thread with updates in the first post and let the ppl cheer, say thanks, do whatever in there and direct them to do so to clean the dev thread in the mean time till it gets root.

Heck everytime Virus or Myn or one of the other great Evo4G devs releases a rom there are a solid 5-15 pages 100% full of nothing but ppl saying thanks and stuff like that. I know different thing there b/c you already have root and all but its still development.

Also, I thought Toast was the 3D forum mod anyway.......

sfld

Jul 24, 2007
Its a forum.. People need to chill out.

I have frequented phone forums for quite a while... since howard forum days

some mods do this and some dont. If a mod was worried about posts and what not, delete them or merge them in silence... that way you dont have people pointing fingers. Even if he does them in silence now people will know its him lol so thats really outa the question

Chill and relax stericson, and when a dev wants a thread cleaned up, then clean it up for him if not then let it be.

dfin13

Aug 23, 2007
Memphis, TN
Hell there are a ton of threads in the Dev sections on XDA that have a ton of general nonsense talk in them. Yet they are not treated the same??
The root thread was different because it existed for one reason -- to find a way to gain root. When you have ROMs or other threads that actually require questions or elicit thank-yous from happy users, then I think a little general nonsense is acceptable.

Imagine you're in a brainstorming session at your work. You're trying to solve a tough problem, but half the people in the meeting just yell out things, "I like apples!" or "How do I open this window again?" or "Baby made a boom boom!" It's counter-productive.

VoXHTC

Feb 23, 2009
Regardless, that mod is a tool.

There were about 300 other more constructive ways of handling this without impeding the flow of information. Hindering progress. It's laughable we have to go to the Sensation forums to get information because this kid thought (1st mistake) he was making a good decision.

Feels like Apple and Nazi Germany up in here with him around. NOT as nice as the EVO 4G forums were. Those were the days. Where is Toast?

I'll get banned/reprimanded for this post, which won't surprise me one bit. Loyalty and length of time means nothing around here to this guy. Just his feelings I'm sure.

novanosis85

Jul 9, 2010
Chicago

There were about 300 other more constructive ways of handling this without impeding the flow of information. Hindering progress. It's laughable we have to go to the Sensation forums to get information because this kid thought (1st mistake) he was making a good decision.

Feels like Apple and Nazi Germany up in here with him around. NOT as nice as the EVO 4G forums were. Those were the days. Where is Toast?

I'll get banned/reprimanded for this post, which won't surprise me one bit. Loyalty and length of time means nothing around here to this guy. Just his feelings I'm sure.

I think he did a great job. A bunch of members seem spoiled here. Did he treat them like children? Sure did! Love this mod!

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
The root thread was different because it existed for one reason -- to find a way to gain root. When you have ROMs or other threads that actually require questions or elicit thank-yous from happy users, then I think a little general nonsense is acceptable.

Imagine you're in a brainstorming session at your work. You're trying to solve a tough problem, but half the people in the meeting just yell out things, "I like apples!" or "How do I open this window again?" or "Baby made a boom boom!" It's counter-productive.

Yeah and if you read my whole post you would of seen that I even said it was different. BUT also said there was deff another way of going about it than straight closing them both. It eliminates people from the ability to help each other and does nothing but force people to take other avenues to get together and solve the problem. Hence the stuff being posted on a different site, most work being done in IRC, and even more so the thing being discussed in detail at the sensation forums some.
When you force people to use other avenues to get things done it takes away from xda imho. xda is about developing and seeing how stuff is done and helping everyone out to solve a problem.
I dont get how he came in here outa nowhere and closed the threads yet we heard nothing from the evo3d forum mods toastcfh, josefcrist, rolfd.

I agree with the temp bans but just do not agree with the full on closing of the threads along with booting the sensation guys out who were there to help anyway. You end up putting fear into people to post and in turn you might have that one person not post up their off the wall idea that could turn out to be a huge help to the brains behind hacking in.

buck1623

Feb 24, 2008
New Jersey
Yeah and if you read my whole post you would of seen that I even said it was different. BUT also said there was deff another way of going about it than straight closing them both. It eliminates people from the ability to help each other and does nothing but force people to take other avenues to get together and solve the problem. Hence the stuff being posted on a different site, most work being done in IRC, and even more so the thing being discussed in detail at the sensation forums some.
When you force people to use other avenues to get things done it takes away from xda imho. xda is about developing and seeing how stuff is done and helping everyone out to solve a problem.
I dont get how he came in here outa nowhere and closed the threads yet we heard nothing from the evo3d forum mods toastcfh, josefcrist, rolfd.

I agree with the temp bans but just do not agree with the full on closing of the threads along with booting the sensation guys out who were there to help anyway. You end up putting fear into people to post and in turn you might have that one person not post up their off the wall idea that could turn out to be a huge help to the brains behind hacking in.

my point exactly.... future people with ideas and maybe welcome comments into their thread will be sidetracked by wayward moderators kicking/banning/closing/locking/deleting....

fernando sor

Sep 7, 2010
north of the wall
So asking questions and giving suggestions is now garbage? It's development for the love of God. Questions and suggestions are part of it.

PS. And as a mod, you don't go and say 'oh there's no proof yet, oh he didn't do it alone. It was a team effort...... Wtf?

Sent using my smoking Evo3D

let me clarify
. the actual evo 3d development section. not just the root thread had filled up with junk. actually a lot of us were complaining.

fernando sor

Sep 7, 2010
north of the wall

come on man. seriously? nazi germany? you need to retract that. stericson has been on here for years. comparing stericson with a regime that killed millions is ignorant and childish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: IF YOU HAVE AN EVO 3D, AND YOU ARE AN XDA MEMBER WONDERING WHERE ALL THE INFORMATION FOR THE FR3EVO ROOTING PROCESS IS,.....
    well,

.its all over in the HTC Sensation forum,

because one of the moderators here developed a God complex.

(F#Ck THAT...)

TO ALL THE MODERATORS, BUT REALLY TO THE ONE(S) IT PERTAINS TO:

I don't care how big your Android/Linux/C++/Java/thanksmeter/Postcount di*k is, or that you have been knighted a moderator.

The most important part of Xda are the FORUMS. That where we are now, in a FORUM...(Look it up, Copypasta the definition, or build a theme around it if that's your specialty), but please don't tell an entire thread to silence itself again. It's frustrating, it's a bit humiliating, and now it's publicly embarrassing. Please don't allow this kind of abuse of power to happen again. See what can happen? Now the party has started, and the limo made the first trip without us.... So now we have to stand in line behind the folks in the Sensation Forum, and of course behind therootofallEvo site as well.

I'm a bit frustrated, and ranting, so I'll quit now.
    I don't know a whole lot about Everything.
    And to be sure, I definitely have lot to learn
    But I know one thing:

@agraben was completely justified in taking the teamwin ball and going elsewhere first after his treatment on the forum at XDA.

I'll bet he laughed himself to sleep tonight.

Ban me, Shman me....It's whatevs now.

This needed to be said.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    So am I the only one that thinks his is doing a good job? He locked if because it isn't development. He ask the op to msg him as soon as it was ready to became a development thread. Every day 10 people starts new threads in development section, that don't belong there. He has finally started to do something about it, and all the n00bs whine...

Sent from my EVO 3D
    If you afraid to post then you must know you are trying to post some off topic useless crap.

Please stop swinging off stericsons sac Tarzan.

Ill be waiting to see one of your not so funny "o you mad" pics. I have stayed out of this for the most part, whatever I need to say has already been said. Peeps aren't mad about the cleaning up, they're mad because he was going over the top with his bragging and "TEST ME" posts. So until you have something useful to say, please stop with your mall cop Paul Blart comments.

Let's all vote stericson the mod off the xda island!

I've messaged a admin yesterday that said he will "talk with him"

Every time I think about the way he "moderated" the dev section a small puppy dies!

sent from a 3devo
    He was out of line period. To lock a thread until they pm him is quite frankly bull ****.

It's a wonder why devs are creating teams and some moving on.

One thing, where is he now? He can ban and rant to all the dev threads but don't say anything the past day+. I hope he did get booted. Now the 3D owners need to go to the sensation threads. It's a crock and makes me think a lot of xda right now.

Where are the admins explaining the actions? Don't know man, its getting way way too out of hand. If the op asked to close its one thing but to close it with no other authority but your own is just plain bs.

Come back teamwin. We got your back and will assist all the way.

Sent from my 3VO..