Rooting live WT19i 4.0.2.A.0.62 above without unlock bootloader for Noob

Search This thread

Dragon_syr

Apr 7, 2012
pls anyone help me

Hello to all
I followed the steps literally
And waited for the device to boot
Worked but there is no Arabic language for all backgrounds in the device? exist only in writing language.(May exist but appear strange forms)
may the flash .58 Conflicting with the device
When I tried to do rooting I waited about ten minutes and just stop when killing deamon successfully
pls help
i need arabic language and root my device

???????????????????????????????????????????????

akshay7394

Jan 7, 2012
Bangalore
slightly different problem

I've got a problem, but I'm not sure if it's been addressed anywhere else on here, I've searched through several pages. I've found a situation that was similar, but not the same. So I'm putting it out there, and hoping someone will solve it:

I've got a Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman (WT19i)
I rooted my phone, unlocked it's bootloader, and flashed a ROM; everything went well until it rebooted. Now I'm stuck at the point where the "Sony Ericsson" logo is shown, i've been stuck there for almost 30 minutes now.

Any help possible? Any at ALL would be MUCH appreciated.

5up3rus3r

Feb 20, 2012
chennai
You are now in a situation called bootloop.To solve this try recovering from a nandroid back up or try using wotanserver or flashtool to revert back to stock rom.

Sent from my SK17i using XDA

Reactions: akshay7394

yusmiza

Jul 7, 2009
Johor
I've got a problem, but I'm not sure if it's been addressed anywhere else on here, I've searched through several pages. I've found a situation that was similar, but not the same. So I'm putting it out there, and hoping someone will solve it:

I rooted my phone, unlocked it's bootloader, and flashed a ROM; everything went well until it rebooted. Now I'm stuck at the point where the "Sony Ericsson" logo is shown, i've been stuck there for almost 30 minutes now.

First if u rooted then u need to go to cwm and wipe data n factory reset.if u dont hv cwm u need to reflash back to stock.
.u can try to follow my procedure in this threat.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Reactions: akshay7394

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012

Custom ROM requires custom kernel.

Sent from my WT19i using xda premium

akshay7394

Jan 7, 2012
Bangalore
First if u rooted then u need to go to cwm and wipe data n factory reset.if u dont hv cwm u need to reflash back to stock.
.u can try to follow my procedure in this threat.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

I could not access the CWM as it was stuck at the kernel logo, so i flashed the older firmware and it worked. Thankyou!

gour

Oct 20, 2011
Hlapičina
I could not access the CWM as it was stuck at the kernel logo, so i flashed the older firmware and it worked. Thankyou!

Can anyone tell me is CWM is relevant for my situation where I cannot update from rooted .58 to .62 using OTA?

CWM is mentioned in the original post, but I do not understand it's purpose here. :confused:

gour

Oct 20, 2011
Hlapičina
This was the exact same problem I had. I think your bootloader is unlocked?

I believe it's not...I just used DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit to root my phone and, afaik, it does not unlock bootloader?

Otoh, how can I check it?

Edit:
Code:
Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status --> Bootloader unlock allowed:Yes
so I bet it's locked, right?

Last edited:

akshay7394

Jan 7, 2012
Bangalore
I believe it's not...I just used DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit to root my phone and, afaik, it does not unlock bootloader?

Edit:
Code:

No, that doesn't indicate whether it's locked or not, it just tells you if it is possible on your device. I'm not sure how to check this, unfortunately. But flashing that image before i tried updating worked for me, so i suppose it's worth a try? :)

Last edited:

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012

Edit:
Code:

Yes, bootloader is locked. If it would be unlocked, it would show
Code:
Bootloader unlocked: Yes

Rooting does not unlock bootloader.

OhellspawnO

Jul 11, 2009
Sorry about the trouble but i have a problem. I'm on the 4.0.2.A.0.58 firmware that i downgraded using the debranding process with root and CWM. I've done the OTA update but when i try to install it gives me a error. It says that the firmware wasn't installed. Am i doing something wrong?

yusmiza

Jul 7, 2009
Johor
Sorry about the trouble but i have a problem. I'm on the 4.0.2.A.0.58 firmware that i downgraded using the debranding process with root and CWM. I've done the OTA update but when i try to install it gives me a error. It says that the firmware wasn't installed. Am i doing something wrong?

Not many having this issues.try to factory reset n update again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Downgrade is the best way now.so just follow this steps:

Tool you Need : download all
    a: Flash Tool.Geit it here http://androxyde.github.com/Flashtool/

b: Firmware WT19i_4.0.2.A.0.58 .Get it here http://www.mediafire.com/?zwmzpu9czf9ib4c

c: Rooting by Doomlord Get it here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18805532

d: Cwm Recovery.Get it here http://www.mediafire.com/?73xv18tht0e8zt4

Steps:
    1.Unzip firmware and put in flashtool firmware

2.Go to flashtool.Power off hp.and switch on with pressing volume down while connecting usb.You ll see green led.Flash firmware.And setup as 1st time you buy hp.

3.Extract Doomlord root kitt .Before root make sure usb debugging is tick and display screen timeout at hp set to 10 or 30 minutes. Run runme.bat.check whether superuser is there

4.Now.you must update to new firmware using update on air(OTA).In your hp,go to setting-about-software update.download and install.WARNING : DONT UPDATE USING PC COMPANION OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR ROOT

5.After update.Unzip cwm install and run the second file script for wt19i.install-cmw2.cmd.This proses like the 3rd step.Make sure usb debugging mode and displays screen timeout set to 10min

And done...u have newer version root firmware + cwm without unlock bootloader.Thank to doomlord and nobodyAtall

Press thank if you like my threat.
    So any other method than that other than unlocking the bootloader or flashing custom .62s? Too bad since mine doesn't have an OTA update because it tells that i'm on the latest fw although I have the .58 official stock rom. Been checking for days now.

I think it because of your firmware factor.Try reflashing using my method.Before this my newer firmware is. 69 after update but i downgrade using my method because i m losing root and now my newer firmware is. 62.maybe because csc.base on region.some of us get. .62 as new firmware and some got, .69 as latest firmware available .my method no need to unlocking bootloader or custom rom.its stock rom.

Edit:
    Code:

Yes, bootloader is locked. If it would be unlocked, it would show
    Code:
    Bootloader unlocked: Yes

Rooting does not unlock bootloader.
    i'm sorry i dont know how to update my phone via ota wat do you mean by ota? i'v done updating it before via pc companion but it disable my root, i'm trying to update via wifi but it says your phone is up to date.. do you have a tut for updating it via ota??tnx again..

Ota mean on the air.u can update from your own hp.without connecting to pc companion.u can update firmware by its own.go to your application in ur phone,find update center or go to setting,about,software update.make sure u connect to wifi cause its using bunch of data...i think u re not connect to wifi or good network data and thats why your get message that you already have new firmware because your update center cant connect to update server.
    If you have .58, then you don't have to flash again. Just root it and then make OTA update.

Over point 2, I disagree. To enter flashmode on WT19, just plug in USB cable to computer, turn off your phone, hold down Volume Down button and connect USB cable to your phone. Green LED shows up.

Tq someguyfrom hell...i mistake at 2nd step.yeah,just connect volume down button while connect usb...i m using sgs2 as another phone,thay why i forgot this threat is for se wt19.thank you fot that