[5 Aug 2012][TOOL][CWM] zImage Injector v1.1 [MULTI-REPACK][AROMA] - FIXED

Search This thread

eyosen

Apr 9, 2007
Istanbul
Google Nexus 5
HTC 10
@Daekin,

Thanks for a great tool, and I am really glad that you didnt have your linux box with you when you first needed to repack franco's kernel. I use it frequently to repack newly released kernels to Energy Rom and it makes repacking a breeze.

I have one quick question: Does it matter whether I use an already repacked image for src_img in your tool? Sorry, if this has been asked before. I didn't see it.

GuyAdams

Jun 23, 2007
Nottinghamshire
@Daekin,

Thanks for a great tool, and I am really glad that you didnt have your linux box with you when you first needed to repack franco's kernel. I use it frequently to repack newly released kernels to Energy Rom and it makes repacking a breeze.

I have one quick question: Does it matter whether I use an already repacked image for src_img in your tool? Sorry, if this has been asked before. I didn't see it.

No it doesnt matter as Daekin's tool removes the kernel from the source image file and adds it to the RAM disk of the destination image.

Reactions: eyosen

n3ocort3x

May 10, 2012
Vienna
if you are using old CWM with hacked USB mount and you flashed that when connected to PC, it would fail because of inaccessible SD card. unplug phone and try again (or install latest CWM or TWRP and do not mount USB storage when flashing zImage injector)

I ve found the bug, it´s my Laptop with win7 x64 on it... On others it works like a charm

eyosen

Apr 9, 2007
Istanbul
Google Nexus 5
HTC 10
Probably because it is not compatible with android 4.0.4. I did not get new test base in my hands yet. Will try later.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Daekin,

I repacked franco's R9 and eternity's 0.92b under 4.0.4 without problems. When I tried with eternity's 3.4 based 0.11, no newboot.img file gets created. Attached is the recovery.log for those operations I pulled.

Attachments

• recovery.txt
    15.7 KB · Views: 11

eyosen

Apr 9, 2007
Istanbul
Google Nexus 5
HTC 10
Probably because it is not compatible with android 4.0.4. I did not get new test base in my hands yet. Will try later.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Daekin,

I repacked franco's R9 and eternity's 0.92b under 4.0.4 without problems. When I tried with eternity's 3.4 based 0.11, no newboot.img file gets created. Attached is the recovery.log for those operations I pulled.

One additional piece of information:

Using CWM Recovery 5.8.4.0.
If I mount SDcard in recovery to transfer zImage file to phone, unmount it, and then flash zImage package, no newboot gets created. When I reboot into recovery again, and without mounting anything, flash the zImage package, I get the newboot.img file.

So something is changing between SDCard mount-unmount operations.

EDIT: Just tested it with eternity 3.4 based 0.11 and it worked as expected.

Last edited:

BanBoo

Jan 5, 2012
Aschaffenburg
Hi,

thx for the tool, works very well.

Edit: Guide for german users :D > http://goo.gl/RkrF4

cheers

starbase64

Hey there, I`ve just comared the German and the English guide (And tried it of course)... and you mixed up the "src" and the "dst" folder in the German guide.

The Boot.img from the new kernel goes to the src folder and the Boot.img from the Rom u want to use have to be in the dst folder... otherwise it wont work!

Hope i helped and dont got it twisted myself ;)!

EDIT: Sry a little late

starbase64

Apr 3, 2007
Hey there, I`ve just comared the German and the English guide (And tried it of course)... and you mixed up the "src" and the "dst" folder in the German guide.

The Boot.img from the new kernel goes to the src folder and the Boot.img from the Rom u want to use have to be in the dst folder... otherwise it wont work!

Hope i helped and dont got it twisted myself ;)!

EDIT: Sry a little late

Hi,

sorry for my mistake, now corrected.

cheers

starbase64

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have created small CWM package that can be used to inject zimage from one boot.img into other boot.img so that one can create proper boot.img for specific ROM that contains desired ramdisk.

NEW: Now supports full multi-source to multi-target repacking!

Usage
    1. download attached RAR
    2. unpack it and place all source boot images (with new kernels) into tools/kernels folder
    3. place destination boot images (with target ramdisks) into tools/ramdisks folder
    4. pack all unpacked content into ZIP that can be flashed in CWM (original two folders must be in the root of ZIP to be CWM compatible)
    5. put repacked injector ZIP file to SD card
    6. flash the ZIP file which will result in creating new boot images in the root of internal SD card (they will be named using following pattern: kernel-ramdisk.img)
    7. mount as USB mass storage and grab new boot images to PC

Screenshots

2cih4qq.gif
    23kce81.png
    zkiypf.png
    et7daf.png

Troubleshooting

Problem
    You must use this tool prior using USB mass storage in recovery or else output boot images will not be created.
    It is a bug of recovery.

Solution
    Copy ZIP file to SD card in ROM and then reboot to recovery or reboot recovery once more prior using the tool.

Download
    thunder07 said:
    Hi i revamped zimage injector with aroma and added a couple of options to it,
    i added repack from sd option where the kernels and ramdisk are take from /sdcard/kernels/ & /sdcard/ramdisks/ to make it easier to manage through the phone,
    i also added a flash option so that you can flash kernel through the phone after repacking it (although we cant use it some ppl with s-off can make use of it),
    kernel&ramdisk must be named boot.img and placed in the zip or in the sdcard in correct folders for this to work, also repack a single kernel works in the same way.
    lastly i added repacks into a repack folder to keep the sdcard organised... this is especially helpful for ROM repackers
    i just though you should release it..

Compatibility

This tool should be compatible with all devices running CWM-based recovery.
    You will only need to replace the update-binary with the one for your device.
    new UPDATE

finally managed to make next version of injector tool - as promised it is able to repack one kernel into multiple ROMs at once....can automate a lot of work ;)
    Update - multi-source Repack

I have added new version that is capable of repacking several kernels for one ROM...
    the principle is the same as in version 0.2 only there is one destination boot.img and several source boot.img-s
    Update v1.0 final

OK, I added final version of injector in the OP

ENJOY!
    hey, i was wondering if any of you can clarify things....

so unzip the rar
    put the boot.img of a custom kernel in the specified folder
    put all the boot.img of rom(s) original boot.img in other folder
    repack all the files into zip
    (NO NEED TO SIGN)?
    and flash in cwm.

after that, you will get the boot.img you need to flash.

another question, if you put multiple original boot.img, how will the repacked boot.img be specified so as to know which rom its for?

Thanks

1. cwm recovery by default does not check signatures, so I never signed zips to save time, I only checked MD5 sums of downloaded ones to verify thay downloaded OK
    2. the resulting files will be called as originals, so you could do this:
    you put boot.img in src_img folder and you put boot_arhd6.img, boot_ic630.img and boot_coredroid.img in dst_img folder
    and you will get boot_arhd6.img, boot_ic630.img and boot_coredroid.img files on root of SD card that will contain new zImage from boot.img file