[APP] myPlayer - On Demand streaming [v2.300 15-Dec-2011]

Search This thread

marsehole

Dec 18, 2007
Oxford
Just to add my two cents...

myPlayer runs well on my Jade using HTC StreamingPlayer, albeit only for live TV.

If I try to play live radio, StreamingPlayer opens but doesn't load the stream at all. For catch up TV, StreamingPlayer gives the error "Media file not found".

Looks like CorePlayer may well be a requirement...

In any case, good work Fry!

skilty

Feb 23, 2005
Ash-Vegas
Been trying to use myPlayer since last night but every video I try and watch Coreplayer comes up with a "can't find the file" error message??

anyone else had the same issue.. worked fine 2-3 days ago!

tiffy18

Feb 6, 2009
Snap! Can't get the catch up to work, but then that's also true of Crafty's iPlayer - saying 3gp at beginning of error message, so have they changed things for 3gp feeds?

tiffy18

Feb 6, 2009
The Catch Up episodes load successfully on my wifi connection. Unfortunately I cannot test the content directly via 3G as I have T-Mobile - but I can stream the episodes via VLC successfully on 3G.

Which connection are you attempting to use, and - in the case of 3G - which mobile provider do you have?

-Fry

With O2 using the XDA Ignito (HTC diamond). Was trying to use it over 3g which hadn't been a problem until reading the earlier post by someone. Just tried over wi-fi and works. Just going to test over 3g again and this now works! Was a server down at all or something? This was on catch up which I can vouch for, was not working earlier.

DRZ400

Aug 26, 2008
Hey FryWalker ... some serious good work.

Took a while to get working and in the end as a last resort installed CorePlayer and now it works fine over WIFI.

I likes a lot. :)

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
With O2 using the XDA Ignito (HTC diamond). Was trying to use it over 3g which hadn't been a problem until reading the earlier post by someone. Just tried over wi-fi and works. Just going to test over 3g again and this now works! Was a server down at all or something? This was on catch up which I can vouch for, was not working earlier.

Most probably a temporary outage / modification of the BBC iPlayer Mobile streams. The BBC like to fiddle with the content from time to time, so I guess that is what happened in this case. Glad to hear it is working ok now :cool:

-Fry

adeski

Jan 5, 2009
Thanks for getting back Fry.
I use Coreplayer for all streams. Interestingly, the ITV live stream is better quality than the i-player live stream. Poss. they deliver it at a higher quality?
Keep up the good work. It's a nifty little app. I've given up on the official i-player mobile site ever working. Doesn't anyone at the beeb use a Touch HD? er.. probably not! They're all i-phoners there I reckon:rolleyes:
Cheers
ade
adeski, firstly - thanks for the feedback - exactly what I'm looking for ;)

I've added a few replies below...

I believe this is due to the higher bandwidth required to view the live TV feeds. I am currently looking for alternative streams with a lower bitrate.

Well spotted. I shall fix that in the next update.

The reliability of the stream playing continuously when your signal is at low strength is governed by the media player you use to watch the feeds. Unfortunately myPlayer has no control over the stream once it has passed it on to the media player. However most of the BBC streams are RTSP so you should be able to seek to a desired start position if the video does restart.

I have not had a look at kinetic scrolling yet, but I will endeavour to do so before the final release client.

-Fry

mac_d4di

Aug 31, 2006
The Catch Up episodes load successfully on my wifi connection. Unfortunately I cannot test the content directly via 3G as I have T-Mobile - but I can stream the episodes via VLC successfully on 3G.

Which connection are you attempting to use, and - in the case of 3G - which mobile provider do you have?

-Fry

Hi
Was only using wifi, but checked it again this morning and it works fine, thankyou very much

amuneer

Dec 26, 2005
Brilliant App. Works much better on Touch HD than craftyb's iPlayer app.

It would be good to lose the scrollbar all together. Also finger scrolling is not too smooth at the moment.

Definitely a killer Windows Mobile App. Many thanks to the developer.

mrdo

Oct 18, 2005
many thanks for a truly excellent app. this makes my phone a much more useful device.

cheers !

chris10230

May 19, 2008
I had a look at the radio stations and why does it go 1-4 then 6-7 and no 5Live? As this would be really useful to have as i would like to get this due to the lack of an AM radio in my handset.

If i knew where to find the stream i would give it to you but i don't, so hopefully it can be found and included.

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
I had a look at the radio stations and why does it go 1-4 then 6-7 and no 5Live? As this would be really useful to have as i would like to get this due to the lack of an AM radio in my handset.

If i knew where to find the stream i would give it to you but i don't, so hopefully it can be found and included.

In the latest version (0.82b) you should be able to find the BBC Five Live and Five Live Xtra channels on the "Manage Live Radio" menu.

It is not included by default as the content is often unplayable due to licencing issues (eg. live football).

-Fry

marsehole

Dec 18, 2007
Oxford
Just to add my two cents...

myPlayer runs well on my Jade using HTC StreamingPlayer, albeit only for live TV.

If I try to play live radio, StreamingPlayer opens but doesn't load the stream at all. For catch up TV, StreamingPlayer gives the error "Media file not found".

Looks like CorePlayer may well be a requirement...

In any case, good work Fry!

Update; it all suddenly started working last week. I can now stream catch up TV and live radio using HTC StreamingPlayer.

Looks like the BBC were indeed tinkering...

baz43

Sep 13, 2008
Ive installed core player and myplayer in internal sotrage and i have set the correct path for coreplayer. however it still doesnt work? all i get is "unable to invoke media player" "please make sure path to the executable is correct"

Can anyone help? btw i have a htc diamond

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
Ive installed core player and myplayer in internal sotrage and i have set the correct path for coreplayer. however it still doesnt work? all i get is "unable to invoke media player" "please make sure path to the executable is correct"

Can anyone help? btw i have a htc diamond

Could you let us know what you currently have as the path to CorePlayer?

I'm guessing - if CorePlayer is installed to the storage card - it would need to be something like..

\Storage Card\Program Files\CorePlayer\player.exe

-Fry

baz43

Sep 13, 2008
Could you let us know what you currently have as the path to CorePlayer?

I'm guessing - if CorePlayer is installed to the storage card - it would need to be something like..

\Storage Card\Program Files\CorePlayer\player.exe

-Fry

i ended up installing in device memory and it worked, but when it was in internal memory it was internal memory/program files/ coreplayer/ player.exe.

i'm going to re-install in internal memory and try your suggestion

baz43

Sep 13, 2008
how can you increase the quality of the live tv stream for bbc 1? ive noticed that the ITV channels are much high quality than the bbc channels.

tcSPVm3100

Mar 29, 2007
hi im using a tytn2 with oem orange rom for now. I have coreplayer 1.3 and myplaer installed to phone memory but when coreplayer is invoked it spits out the error "network not available" what's happening?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my player

Hi All

Fantaststic software works well on my HTC touch 2 i download vis cable fron pc and stoer in history ready to watch, only thing is it does not let you search other channels like itv , channel 5 etc is this normal or have i missed something. once great software.

Regards Mark
    I find get_iplayer the best tool for downloading iplayer content to your pc and transferring to your phone. If you install all the options it will save as mp4. You can even choose the resolution right up to HD
    smile.gif

The latest working version is on the infradead.org website - google for it.
    This program is what myplayer could have become (with subscriptions, etc), but seeing as how it also had an order to stop developing from the BBC, how come it's still going and myplayer isn't?

It was going for several years in its original form, playing a cat and mouse game with the beeb. Every so often the beeb would change the iphone authentication procedure and every time the developer would "mend" the program again! But last year the developer was threatened by the beeb, he stopped mending it, and the broken program lapsed.

Then, from the ashes, another dev took it up, not using the iPhone streams any more but with flv to mp4 conversion, making it even more useful. I suppose it's down to just how threatened the dev feels and whether someone else is willing to take the risk for a while. It warms my heart ...
    *** Updated to version 2.100 ***

Change list:

- Digital TV channels updated
    - Various other minor bug fixes
    *** Updated to version 2.300 ***

Change list:

- Fixed DTV stream connection
    - Player preference issue resolved