Zoom Bar Scrolling--Tweak--

Search This thread

lnando84

May 28, 2008
Allentown
Try using Advanced Config...its been working for me. open advanced config then hit menu, more settings, then smarttouch, click on add... now add programs you want zoombar scrolling associated with. i find its easier to leave the program you want to enable scroll open in the backround and use the.. add active application option. you may need to adjust the wheel sensitivity in some programs. i find 12 is a pretty good # for most apps. hit ok, then done, soft reset,

norcal1079

May 23, 2009
Won't work

Installed on Tilt2 stock ROM. Can't get any app to respond. Tried uninstall (can't) & reinstalled. Would really like this one to work. :)

solmnc

Feb 13, 2008
Wouldn't an easier way to do this be just setting the OnlySupportRegisterApp to 0? That way it'll apply to everything using the sensitivity setting also in the main folder (WheelCount). Any special sensitivity setting needed for a particular program could be done by just adding a the program or a new value to the registry.

lusayalumino

Nov 1, 2009
Not to sound rude or anything, just curious. Does this save you that much more time from sliding your finger up and down the screen? I mean you can always swipe your finger up and down to move the pages faster. Just wanted to know the benefit of this tweak and in now way bashing this.

There are so many reasons why a D-Pad is so handy, and since some phones (Rhodium) have no D-Pad, we are trying to get all the needed functionality anywhere we can get it.

For example:
1) I often use my phone when driving w/o looking at the screen, but that is impossible without hard buttons.

2) If you were in a program with a list (such as Microsoft Tasks or Inbox) -- you may want to scroll down to select a certain task or email, but without actually hitting "Select" -- the only way to do that is with a scroll button of some sort (i.e.: D-Pad).

lusayalumino

Nov 1, 2009
Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium) - Turn the Zoom Bar into a D-Pad like Touchpad?

Would it be possible to actually turn the Zoom Bar into a sort of mini Touchpad (like we see on Notebook computers) with the four directionals and a Tap to exectute Select/Enter??

I would pay anything for such an app to restore some D-Pad functionality to the Rhodium.

dgduris

Jun 8, 2007
will this work on e-mail/messages on a stock-ROM Tilt 2?

That is the place I need it most.

sovereignty

Dec 23, 2009
BFE
Has anyone figured out how to scroll the selection in the Inbox/Messages app? I have tried everything here (I think). The latest was using Advanced Config 3.3. Going to Menu>More Settings>SmartTouch, I chose "Add" and used the "Add active application" option while I had one of my e-mail Inboxes running in the background. I rebooted and the zoom bar still will not scroll the selection in my Inbox. I think the SmartTouch settings in advanced config are aimed more toward zooming in apps. I also have "OnlySupportRegisterApp" set to "0" in HKLM>Software>HTC>SmartTouch. Does anyone know what the different "Mode" settings are in these keys? Advanced Config added a key with "Mode" set to "4" when I added my Inbox.

Regards

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
this zoom bar plus has been working preety well for me. i have tilt 2 wm 6.5 professional on stock rom. it works just like stated for me. its more of a use on smaller things needing to be scrolled. like tf3d tabs etc. u can also scroll on the web but it doesnt scroll fast enough for me. just personal opinion. i can scroll more of the page with a finger swipe vs. zoom bar. but it does wrk and hasnt causes any conflicting issues that ive noticed. plus its uninstallable. i had did that previously but reinstalled again when i figured i want more versitility out of the zoom bar. if it doesnt show in device remove programs, then download the free TmsIninstaller cab on the forum. it shows better description and programs that might not b seen thru stock remove programs.

sovereignty

Dec 23, 2009
BFE
ZoomBarPlus is working great on my Tilt2 after changing a couple Inbox.MainWnd class names in the SmartTouch portion of the registry by adding a "x" to the end.

I still can't believe HTC didn't have the foresight for this!!

The best part about ZBP is I can FINALLY scroll through my e-mails to delete without having to open them!!!

Cool... I didn't know about TmsUninstaller

DebbieNY13

May 14, 2008
New York
Ooo, I *must* try this, as that is my biggest complaint about not having a D-Pad or scroll wheel! :D

Not very familiar with registry tweeks myself, so would you mind posting (or PM-ing me) the procedure you used?

Many thanks!

ZoomBarPlus is working great on my Tilt2 after changing a couple Inbox.MainWnd class names in the SmartTouch portion of the registry by adding a "x" to the end.

I still can't believe HTC didn't have the foresight for this!!

The best part about ZBP is I can FINALLY scroll through my e-mails to delete without having to open them!!!

Cool... I didn't know about TmsUninstaller

sovereignty

Dec 23, 2009
BFE
Ooo, I *must* try this, as that is my biggest complaint about not having a D-Pad or scroll wheel! :D

Not very familiar with registry tweeks myself, so would you mind posting (or PM-ing me) the procedure you used?

Many thanks!

DebbieNY: Did you get an answer for this? Sorry, I have been off of the forums for a while. See the quote below as originally posted by THX1200. You can find the original thread here.

I have, since that post, switched to a different ROM. If I remember correct I used PHM Regedit to add a few "x" (or you can just delete the entry) behind Inbox.MainWnd to make it read Inbox.MainWndxxx. ZBP does not send the command to scroll if there is an entry for an application under the "SmartTouch" Registry Keys. Removing or editing the entry will allow the scrolling to function in the Inbox. The registry keys are found at HKLM>Software>HTC>SmartTouch>Outlook Email. Also "OnlySupportRegisterApp" under HKLM>Software>HTC>SmartTouch needs to be set to "0".

Since my post there may have been a Cab file made and posted to the original thread that I linked above. If you still can not get this functioning, just PM me.

thx1200 said:
Q: ZoomBarPlus isn't working in <some application>. Is this a bug? How do I fix this?

A: ZoomBarPlus is designed to not be active whenever HTC's SmartTouch service sends zoom bar messages to applications that are "zoom bar aware." You may not realize how many applications are actually zoom bar aware. Som ROM cooks like to put in lots of extras (the default behavior is a simple scroll-down / scroll-up behavior, but no action button or anything more advanced). Even without a custom ROM, applications like RSS Hub and the Inbox are zoom bar aware. This can be annoying when the default zoom bar behavior isn't what you want. For example, in the Outlook Inbox, you might want ZoomBarPlus to scroll up and down through the list. It won't because the HTC default behavior is to resize text in the message view and do nothing at all in the list view!

To fix this, go into the Smart Touch registry key HKLM\Software\HTC\SmartTouch and either delete the relevant key of the application you no longer want the default zoom behavior for --OR-- change the value of ClassName in the key to something that will never exist as a window class (maybe add a dozen x's to the end of it). Soft reset after this. The config application (coming soon!) will allow you to enable or disable classes in SmartTouch more easily.