What is the biggest standard size battery for the Blackstone?

Search This thread

Meleeeee

May 2, 2009
uh, 1700mah would really be worth it...

has somebody already tried those?

just curious if there might be risks in getting 350mah extra..dont want to brick my hd ;D

Meleeeee

May 2, 2009
yeah, thats what I meant..i'm a little bit scared of such batteries unless I got a positive review from someone ;-)

dasferg

May 24, 2009
Malbin Oztralia
I use the 2600mah battery. Remember this refers to the storage capacity of the battrey, not how much juice it puts into the phone. My battery (from ebay) gives the phone at least twice the life. I use the GPS (tomtom) a fair bit and it makes a big diffrence. Before this I used a large aftermarket battery on my trinity for at least 2 years with no ill effect.

Note: these batteries need a larger back on them which is supplied.

Last edited:

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
I will eventually buy this 1700 mAh battery in the next weeks and post short review if it's worth the money. Actually there is very little risk to use a aftermaket battery, dasferg is totally right is't just the storage capacity it's practically the same battery with more juice!!

This one don't need a larger back on them!!! It is standard size, and you will
not need a lager back cover!!

Last edited:

SWYRx

Feb 17, 2008
UK
I've also ordered this battery, it should arrive very soon.

Ill make a review aswell

SWYRx

Feb 17, 2008
UK
got it yesterday, recharged it to full while being off.

28 hours later its on 99%. Havent used it alot tbh.

20 mins of phone calling, and 40 mins of music.

paplino

Jul 1, 2009
Romania / Digi.Mobil
I also found a 2500mAh battery, obviously larger than the stock one. It comes with a replacement cover as well, also larger than the normal one, to accommodate the larger battery. I'm planning to buy it tomorrow, I'll test it and let you know how it works.

illuzi0n

as far as ive researched the best battery atm that fits in the original HTC cover is the 1500mAh mugen power..

there are ones like Power Akku that is 1700mAh but arent CE approved or properly tested...

seems to me akku are like a cheap dodgy no name brand which is why i wouldnt recommend it

dez93_2000

Jan 17, 2009
San Carlos
is it worth the cash for 11% more juice?
Sure, there will be situations where you need to do someting and you curse yourself for not buying another hour of power, but it won't change your charging habits. 33% might, 50% would...

[tho @ £9.95 from blueunplugged.com it wound't hurt to have a bigger one to swap out with]

Last edited:

paplino

Jul 1, 2009
Romania / Digi.Mobil
What a good idea, I'm waiting !!!
Just got back home with the new 2500mAh battery. First impression: the device looks bulkier with the larger battery in place and is, obviously, heavier. There is a small advantage here, though, you can stash up to 4 extra microSD's between the area below the battery (sim and microSD slot) and the cover. I'm charging the battery now, I'll stress test it when it reaches 100% and post the results.

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
is it worth the cash for 11% more juice?
Sure, there will be situations where you need to do someting and you curse yourself for not buying another hour of power, but it won't change your charging habits. 33% might, 50% would...

[tho @ £9.95 from blueunplugged.com it wound't hurt to have a bigger one to swap out with]

The 1700 mAh has about 26% more juice over the 1350 mAh, i won't change my charging habits. But i hope my HD will have juice for a whole day... i'm permanently running Skype in the background an this eating up my battery like mad!

SWYRx

Feb 17, 2008
UK
Yesterday evening I turned my HD off and charged the 1700mAh to max.

Turned the phone on again yesterday at midnight.
I've used it alot today by using coreplayer to watch an episode of Sopranos, and like 1 hour of music. Called for like 30 mins. Used MSN for like 3 hours through HSDPA and Opera for about 10 mins. Now, roughly 26hrs later, it's at 70%.

note, I have HSDPA always on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stardust, I have a 1500mah battery and tbattery says it's capacity is 1350. I believe that's a default set in tbattery, not that the battery has a capacity of 1350.