[help] USB Hardware + Several Problems. Need Help!!

Search This thread

Hosern1

Jan 24, 2010
Ok bought my Htc magic 2nd hand from a guy. The original version was white he changed it to black. He sold me the phone unrooted with stock 1.6

Now iv had the phone for 2 weeks, iv rooted installed rom all that good stuff.

Yesterday my phone usb was not mounting, it would charge but it would not connect, the headset works also.

Now i contacted HTC to arrange a repair, i dont know how long the guy had the phone for or if the warranty is still valid since when i got the phone it was sim unlocked but Vodafone branded.

Iv received a reply from htc and its not good. I told them that when i bought the phone it was black not white and there was a custom android version installed on it.

That seems the is a hardware issue on the mini usb, please call us by phone so we can book in the device for repair and send you ups pick up. From the other hand if the Android was hacked the repair center might decide to send you a quotation as the modification of the operating system cancels the warranty. In any case we need to send the device for further actions, please contact us.

The solution here would be to unroot my phone and instal the original vodafone 1.6 version but, my transcend card reader does not let me copy files to my memory stick and tells me its write protected even though the write lock is off. So im stuck with not being able to copy files at all.

I dont know what to do? Its obivious the repair service will say we cant repair it because the android version might have cause this.

Any ideas?

Last edited: