"Other" storage

Search This thread

matt504hrs

Aug 14, 2010
I know other storage is the system info but mine is just under 7gb! That's a big chunk of the space, I don't recall there being an other section on my one x..

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

djbenny1

Apr 9, 2011
I know other storage is the system info but mine is just under 7gb! That's a big chunk of the space, I don't recall there being an other section on my one x..

yep mine is 7.16GB

http://db.tt/hT16hKd1

It's the same with the one x after the jelly bean update.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

do you know what the 7gb actually is?

PS 17GB of music? :eek: i just use google play and have a playlist sync automatically, you should try it if you havent already (how much of that 17GB do you ACTUALLY listen to anyway?? :p)

ThatNerdGuy

Nov 13, 2011
London
That other 7gb data is the software and the HTC Apps installed. Yeah 7gb is a lot, but it's normal... So I've been told.

Dr. lele

Nov 4, 2010
Moto G
Xiaomi Poco F1
It's normal. Since the skins and themes of the Gui are in 1080p it needs a lot of storage. I think it's really arrogant from HTC to sell it as 32gb when it's really more 25gb.

Sent from my HTC One using xda-developers App

Dafer12

Apr 2, 2012
Every form I have read on this issue, people have said they have at most 7gb used up by "other" mine on my HTC one is 23.3GB but I can't where that is I have the VIPERONE rom

The-Last-Hylian

Feb 14, 2012
www.ivaninsurance.co.uk
yep mine is 7.16GB

do you know what the 7gb actually is?

PS 17GB of music? :eek: i just use google play and have a playlist sync automatically, you should try it if you havent already (how much of that 17GB do you ACTUALLY listen to anyway?? :p)

My other is sitting at 9.27GB... I have a sneaky feeling that it's the Android OS and other things related to that.

I use Google Music, 118MB, my music is cached, I have a few albums on device for listening to when I can't get net.

I'm always at the office or home so use WiFi for my music. Good system! :highfive::good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys this happens after the 4.2.2 OTA since Google changed the storage structure

it's best to backup and do a full wipe including storage after this update