[MOD] Volume Boosting for SM-N900 [ROOT] * Discontinued *

Search This thread

ididnotgetabetterid

Jun 26, 2009
Mumbai
I rolled back to Original as it was too loud even for Moderate... But again, it was affecting play through in ear-phones too...

I reverted back to stock too after using the moderate one for a week. The sound was distorted at full volume on speakers. Thought it might just crack it. But it was quite loud. How about making something which sits between normal and moderate which won't distort the loudspeaker at full?

kartalgurhan

Dec 30, 2008
Added MOD_Little.zip

Added MOD_Little.zip.

This is intended to be in between Stock and Moderate.

By the way, those who think that the levels are too high, simply lower your device sound level to the level that suits your taste!

Reactions: B01070

mrlove6

Hey, thanks for ur effort but I would like to ask u if u can help me and tell me which line is responsible for the earphone..I want to make louder as it was on my note 2 and s4 but I cant find it in the file. ...could u please tell me which is it so I can edit it ? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium HD app

kartalgurhan

Dec 30, 2008
Hey, thanks for ur effort but I would like to ask u if u can help me and tell me which line is responsible for the earphone..I want to make louder as it was on my note 2 and s4 but I cant find it in the file. ...could u please tell me which is it so I can edit it ? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium HD app

Search for line 3612 (or a number very close to this) or simply search for "MUSIC_THROUGH_WIRED_HEADPHONES___OK" (without quotes) and edit the numbers in lines 3619, 3622, and 3624. These should handle the wired headphones.

batterytwo

Aug 31, 2007
I only want to boost sound of headphone to listen music , what 's the line of this file need to re-edit. Thanks alot.

kartalgurhan

Dec 30, 2008
I only want to boost sound of headphone to listen music , what 's the line of this file need to re-edit. Thanks alot.

Hi,

look for line 3610 or search for :

scenario name="AndroidPlayback_Audio_Headset_Normal">

just under hat, in lines 3616, 3619, and 3621 change all those 96s to a higher figure that matches your taste.

best,

kadiremrah

Aug 21, 2013
Nigde
Hi,

I look for the kartalgurhan's work and set the values for min settings.For little mod kartal has set the values from 96 to 98 but i don't like it because of distorsion. I set the values to 97 and everything is perfect.

Ringtones
Call Volume
Media Volume are very good.

here is the work based on kartalgurhan.

ysound.min.zip attached

Attachments

• ysound.min.zip
    10 KB · Views: 175

serdals

Jul 10, 2009
Voice problem

During the conversation, my voice muffled against people going
problem
Do not load

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Install it
[

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2568718

Reactions: CoolPyr0

kartalgurhan

Dec 30, 2008
During the conversation, my voice muffled against people going
problem
Do not load

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Install it
[

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2568718

I don't usually reply these kind of posts with no explanation about the problem itself. You are nagging baseless. Getting muffled has nothing to do with the file itself because the file only regulates the volume for each type of sound output. First, you say "Problem No load"., whatever that means.. Then you say your voice was muffled. These two problems can not be ubiquitous.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** DISCONTINUED DUE TO MY TIME RESTRICTIONS***

Hi All,

This is my first thread so please excuse me if I'm breaching any rules.

This is a Volume Boost MOD for SM-900 version of our beloved Note 3. You need a ROOTED Device!

MOD.zip is for a high boost and
    MOD_Moderate.zip is for a moderate boost.
    MOD_Little.zip is for a little boost. (This is intended to be in between Stock and Moderate)

Note that these are all relative and changes from one's taste to that of another.

This mod increases the Speaker volume when the speaker is on during
    - a phone conversation,
    - music playback
    - Ringtones, notifications..etc

Additionally, there's a slight increase in the wired headphone during Music Playback.

1- BACKUP YOUR ysound.xml file under /system/etc. Then, Unzip the desired MOD provided in zip attached and overwrite ysound.xml file to /system/etc with the file explorer of your choice. Here, I used ES Explorer.

2- Once you're done unzipping and overwriting the existing ysound.xml file select the file then press "More" , then "Properties", then "Change" button for the "Permissions". Apply -rw-r-r-- for the permissions. Attached, you'll see the screenshots for the procedure.

3- Once you make SURE that you followed the instructions, reboot the device.

4- In case you want to come back to the original stock version of the file, either put back your backup or unzip the attached ORIGINAL.zip and apply the above 1 and 2.

Hope this is useful.

PS. Please can someone find out and share what the line 3558 is for in the modded file that I attached? Thank you.
    Hi,

I look for the kartalgurhan's work and set the values for min settings.For little mod kartal has set the values from 96 to 98 but i don't like it because of distorsion. I set the values to 97 and everything is perfect.

Ringtones
    Call Volume
    Media Volume are very good.

here is the work based on kartalgurhan.

ysound.min.zip attached

Hi,

look for line 3610 or search for :

scenario name="AndroidPlayback_Audio_Headset_Normal">

just under hat, in lines 3616, 3619, and 3621 change all those 96s to a higher figure that matches your taste.

best,
    Kartal, thanks for this mod, I think this is also valid for SM-N9000Q for Turkish phones, right?

Regards.

SM-N900 cihazımdan Tapatalk 4 ile gönderildi

Edit: it seems my phone id changed after I have installed the new Russian firmware this morning :)

Yes, this MOD should work on all SM-900 models, including the Turkish SM-N9000Q. Mine is SM-N9000Q and it works flawlessly.

This MOD has nothing to do with the phone ID or firmware (as long as the device is SM-N900). Btw, you can easily change the phone ID.

best,
    Gürhan
    I don't have that file on the sprint version... Any ideas buddy?? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk now Free

Use this version for Sprint, works fine for me

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470890

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2