[ROM][PORT][UNOFFICIAL]Alien Build #4 X2-BETA **WIFI FIXED[UPDATED 9-23-11]

Search This thread

dragonzkiller

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2011
Wouldn't You Like To Know?
By popular demand I have ported over Alien build #4 to the X2.
Thanks to navenedrob to make the porting possible (and helping me some) and to kennethpenn for making the ROM in the first place!

ALIEN BUILD #4 X2-BETA NOW WITH WIFI FIX!

This ROM is 99% kennethpenn's over on the ATRIX 4G forums, this is merely a port of his ROM with some tweaks to make it run on the X2. Please support him and thank him for creating this ROM.

There are two flashable zips included. One is the actual ROM and the other is the THEME that extends the ROM to it's full glory. (Personally, I recommend using both). Without the theme, you basically have a really fast BLUR (yeah didn't think it existed either). With the theme you can have some of the updates listed below.

You MUST flash the actual ROM. The THEME is optional.

FEATURES:
This is a list of features available over at the ROM's initial forum, but slightly tweaked.
Code:
-Rooted
-Deodexed
-Busybox'd
-SQLite3
-PNG Optimized
-Zipaligned (system and data apps)
-Sideloading default
-SIP not WiFi only [COLOR="Red"](SEE BUGS BELOW)[/COLOR]
-Tethering
-Some bloat removed
-Skip blur setup option (SEE BELOW)
-1080p Droid 3 camera [COLOR="Red"]NO 1080p[/COLOR]
-WidgetPicker
-Battery fix
-Network select menu open [COLOR="Red"](SEE BUGS BELOW)[/COLOR]
-APN menu opened
-Menu button lockscreen bypass (when unsecured)
-Touchscreen MOD (5 fingers)
-Google Talk video over 3G
-AGPS option
-Entitlement check disabled
-Dock Settings
-HDMI Settings
-Full IMEI Settings
-Modded stock Android Launcher for speed and Blur widget compatibility
-Inverted applications and Settings
-FuguTweaks
-Juwe11 optimizations (modded for Atrix) [COLOR="Red"](not sure if this works on the X2)[/COLOR]
-Superuser Beta
-Proximity sensor hack on build.prop
-GPU hack on build.prop
-WiFi battery saving hack on build.prop
-Google Android 2.3.5 application framework
-Videos for root app

For a full features list and more information please head over to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1186537 where the ATRIX ROM is at. (Please note that there are a few changes and bugs listed below.)

FIXES FOR THE X2:
  • added 2nd-init to make it work (duh)
  • added camera/camcorder support
  • Swype updated from stock GB to work on ROM
  • ERI Banner updated for Verizon's Network
  • Initial BLUR Setup Skip (when on the theme, you can just select "Launcher" upon initial setup to bypass entirely, else you get only an accounts setup on non-themed)
  • Updated system model numbers, etc. for X2

KNOWN ISSUES (in order of priority):
  • Some Apps (Especially Google Apps) do not show up in market and are "incompatible"
  • Camera/Camcorder app randomly crashes (not all the time) upon switching between 6MP Widescreen and 8MP and won't startup again. You must delete /data/data/com.motorola.Camera and it should be fixed. But might happen again.
  • Mobile networks setting crashes com.android.phone (i might just remove the option later)
  • THEME has a framework-res problem that doesn't change the background of some menu lists to black and it's text to white while working on others (SEE THE LAST IMAGE)
  • On non themed version, 3G shows up as HPSA
  • com.google.talk crashes on boot (maybe only on 1st boot)
Please post more if you find any!

OTHER TODOS:
  • include recovery by default
  • remove webtop apps/settings
  • remove more BLUR **
  • add more AOSP **
** NOTE: This is whether or not I find it a big deal. Most apps that can be removed/replaced on the X2 will be fine on this ROM.​

SCREENSHOTS: (please note the last is a bug that will be hopefully worked out soon.)
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

DOWNLOAD:
Please note that this is a BIG ROM, but that the THEME overwrites the apks in the actual ROM (thus not truly increasing the size on the phone once flashed)
BUILDS HAVE BEEN MOVED TO POST #2

Standard disclaimer applies: I'm not responsible for anything you do to your phone and/or any issues caused by flashing this to your device.

UPDATE: Listed know market issue.

Attachments

• screen_20110920_2057.jpg
    screen_20110920_2057.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 16,875
  • screen_20110920_2057_1.jpg
    screen_20110920_2057_1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 16,634
  • screen_20110920_2058.jpg
    screen_20110920_2058.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 16,490
  • screen_20110920_2059.jpg
    screen_20110920_2059.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 16,245
  • screen_20110920_2100.jpg
    screen_20110920_2100.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 15,935
Last edited:

dragonzkiller

Jun 29, 2011
Updates

BUILD v0.2.2 FULL DOWNLOAD
Fixes:
  • WIFI now works!
  • init.d fixes/improvements including new minfree values
  • removed uncesseary dirs/files
  • few build.prop changes
***Still no G-apps :(
Download URL: http://www.multiupload.com/BC2M8T6I3U

BUILD v0.2.2 THEME
Download URL: http://www.multiupload.com/SIS4MED45A

NOTES:
I apologize for the problems that this ROM has caused especially regarding the WIFI update. This ROM is the full download for the ROM and is confirmed to work.
SCREENSHOT:
attachment.php
<--- That GREEN WIFI SYMBOL MEANS CONNECTED​

Attachments

• 20110925040200.jpg
    20110925040200.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 5,516
Last edited:

Sandso9

Jun 5, 2010
IL
Damn now i have to choose liberty or this now =/ probably go with liberty till wifi is fixed on this rom

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
I just had a massive nerdgasm when I saw this. Will 1080 eventually come into play? Thanks!

Meticode

Feb 17, 2011
Thank you for this port. I won't flash until some of the bugs are fixed and it's more polished, but if you intend to put the work into this, I plan on this being my main ROM.

dimitri407

Jun 19, 2007
Does corporate sync work on this ROM? Have to be able to get everything from my Exchange Server.

dragonzkiller

Jun 29, 2011
Does corporate sync work on this ROM? Have to be able to get everything from my Exchange Server.

There are some things that I cannot test simply because I am not in the situation that require them. I don't need or use an exchange server, therefore I don't have one to test with. But any help getting this ROM up and knowing what works and doesn't would be helpful.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

EvilTim

Jul 29, 2011
As much as I want to try this because of all the hype, I use wifi 99% of the time. I look forward to the fix, all the talk has got me real excited to try it. Thanks for the hard work.

dimitri407

Jun 19, 2007
There are some things that I cannot test simply because I am not in the situation that require them. I don't need or use an exchange server, therefore I don't have one to test with. But any help getting this ROM up and knowing what works and doesn't would be helpful.

Because you asked so nicely, I'll go ahead and flash just to find out if the corporate sync does work.

mazz0310

Dec 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I believe there is something wrong with the build.prop....I cannot find google plus in the market, and on the web market it says not compatible with device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    By popular demand I have ported over Alien build #4 to the X2.
    Thanks to navenedrob to make the porting possible (and helping me some) and to kennethpenn for making the ROM in the first place!

ALIEN BUILD #4 X2-BETA NOW WITH WIFI FIX!

This ROM is 99% kennethpenn's over on the ATRIX 4G forums, this is merely a port of his ROM with some tweaks to make it run on the X2. Please support him and thank him for creating this ROM.

There are two flashable zips included. One is the actual ROM and the other is the THEME that extends the ROM to it's full glory. (Personally, I recommend using both). Without the theme, you basically have a really fast BLUR (yeah didn't think it existed either). With the theme you can have some of the updates listed below.

You MUST flash the actual ROM. The THEME is optional.

FEATURES:
    This is a list of features available over at the ROM's initial forum, but slightly tweaked.
    Code:
    -Rooted
    -Deodexed
    -Busybox'd
    -SQLite3
    -PNG Optimized
    -Zipaligned (system and data apps)
    -Sideloading default
    -SIP not WiFi only [COLOR="Red"](SEE BUGS BELOW)[/COLOR]
    -Tethering
    -Some bloat removed
    -Skip blur setup option (SEE BELOW)
    -1080p Droid 3 camera [COLOR="Red"]NO 1080p[/COLOR]
    -WidgetPicker
    -Battery fix
    -Network select menu open [COLOR="Red"](SEE BUGS BELOW)[/COLOR]
    -APN menu opened
    -Menu button lockscreen bypass (when unsecured)
    -Touchscreen MOD (5 fingers)
    -Google Talk video over 3G
    -AGPS option
    -Entitlement check disabled
    -Dock Settings
    -HDMI Settings
    -Full IMEI Settings
    -Modded stock Android Launcher for speed and Blur widget compatibility
    -Inverted applications and Settings
    -FuguTweaks
    -Juwe11 optimizations (modded for Atrix) [COLOR="Red"](not sure if this works on the X2)[/COLOR]
    -Superuser Beta
    -Proximity sensor hack on build.prop
    -GPU hack on build.prop
    -WiFi battery saving hack on build.prop
    -Google Android 2.3.5 application framework
    -Videos for root app

For a full features list and more information please head over to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1186537 where the ATRIX ROM is at. (Please note that there are a few changes and bugs listed below.)

FIXES FOR THE X2:
    • added 2nd-init to make it work (duh)
    • added camera/camcorder support
    • Swype updated from stock GB to work on ROM
    • ERI Banner updated for Verizon's Network
    • Initial BLUR Setup Skip (when on the theme, you can just select "Launcher" upon initial setup to bypass entirely, else you get only an accounts setup on non-themed)
    • Updated system model numbers, etc. for X2

KNOWN ISSUES (in order of priority):
    • Some Apps (Especially Google Apps) do not show up in market and are "incompatible"
    • Camera/Camcorder app randomly crashes (not all the time) upon switching between 6MP Widescreen and 8MP and won't startup again. You must delete /data/data/com.motorola.Camera and it should be fixed. But might happen again.
    • Mobile networks setting crashes com.android.phone (i might just remove the option later)
    • THEME has a framework-res problem that doesn't change the background of some menu lists to black and it's text to white while working on others (SEE THE LAST IMAGE)
    • On non themed version, 3G shows up as HPSA
    • com.google.talk crashes on boot (maybe only on 1st boot)
    Please post more if you find any!

OTHER TODOS:
    • include recovery by default
    • remove webtop apps/settings
    • remove more BLUR **
    • add more AOSP **
    ** NOTE: This is whether or not I find it a big deal. Most apps that can be removed/replaced on the X2 will be fine on this ROM.​

SCREENSHOTS: (please note the last is a bug that will be hopefully worked out soon.)
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

DOWNLOAD:
    Please note that this is a BIG ROM, but that the THEME overwrites the apks in the actual ROM (thus not truly increasing the size on the phone once flashed)
    BUILDS HAVE BEEN MOVED TO POST #2

Standard disclaimer applies: I'm not responsible for anything you do to your phone and/or any issues caused by flashing this to your device.

UPDATE: Listed know market issue.
    dragonzkiller get with me later and we'll fix all the problems.
    Updates

BUILD v0.2.2 FULL DOWNLOAD
    Fixes:
    • WIFI now works!
    • init.d fixes/improvements including new minfree values
    • removed uncesseary dirs/files
    • few build.prop changes
    ***Still no G-apps :(
    Download URL: http://www.multiupload.com/BC2M8T6I3U

BUILD v0.2.2 THEME
    Download URL: http://www.multiupload.com/SIS4MED45A

NOTES:
    I apologize for the problems that this ROM has caused especially regarding the WIFI update. This ROM is the full download for the ROM and is confirmed to work.
    SCREENSHOT:
    attachment.php
    <--- That GREEN WIFI SYMBOL MEANS CONNECTED​
    I found a typo in the updater script. That I fixed, but the version I posted didn't have it. I'm uploading in a few.

EDIT: New download is up. I literally just tested this one 2 seconds ago. Enjoy!
    is anyone elses wifi just keeps trying to obtain the ip address and never connect after flashing the wifi fix or is it just me?

You're right... I'm about done with this phone... If it's not one thing it's another, and it's making me angry. I've seen WIFI work on this ROM before, but with so many different little fixes i've shoved into this thing it's hard to just put it in a patch. With that being said, I will update my posts with a full ROM and not a patch. I hate doing so, but when it gets down to these stupid little things, I'm not going to let you guys suffer. I'll have a screen shot with the WIFI icon to prove it's connected.