[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [moto_msm8960]

Search This thread

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
i just reflashed cyanogenmod 11 and noticed the same bug with disappearing shotcuts on homescreen. it was complete empty after a reboot (only the icons near the menu button, there phone, text messaging, camera is on stock, are still there). this happens random and firstly widgets are gone and after ths the shortcuts after a other reboot. very strange, this even happend on m new fresh install. also some times my phone wont get past boot loader unlocked message, then i have to hardreset it. seems relly strange... any ideas

are you using/have been using/have some app for the purpose of storage swapping? eg. app2sd, link2sd...?

nope i never used such tools

Have you tried without installing any apps?

Surely some app you have is causing this - I have never experienced it, and I haven't heard of anyone else having such problems...

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Okay.. The unified build runs nicely

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I only found trees from razrqcom - CM doesn't have the unified stuff officially yet.

Out of common courtesy, I wait until CM has merged it all. I'll run some test builds locally to see how it goes, hopefully soon we'll see a unified Carbon build ;)

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
In light of the above, I am going to try building unified.

Thanks to dhacker for all the hard work he put in unifying the device trees!

Let me know if there's any issues folks. New device is called 'moto_msm8960'.

Reactions: choudanu

micx_pl

Dec 23, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for awesome Kitkat builds! ;) however, there is an issue with sms notifications on lockscreen. Doesnt matter if you click the sms notification on the lockscreen or you pull down the top bar and click the notification, it opens the sms, but doesnt clear the notification. I have to either go back and open the coversation once again or pull down the bar and click the mark as read button...

Sent from my PHOTON Q using xda app-developers app

matt2k12

Jul 13, 2012
Texas
I keep losing my LTE with this rom................

For what its worth, Changing my mobile networks doesn't fix it, and even on CDMA/EVDO/LTE mode my 2g/3g network tile always sticks in 2G mode, it wont let me change to 3g even though 3G data is all I get.

It just happened over night but I have a stock MPQ as my work phone with LTE coming in loud and clear

Same thing happened on the 3/28 nightly

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

LTE comes back after a data wipe.... haven't tested it on just a cache or davlik wipe...

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
There hasn't been any nightly releases in the past 5 days. Is there something wrong with the server?

Well, sort of. I think the new theme engine stuff CM pushed still hasn't been fixed - one of our team members I thought fixed it, but perhaps the fixes didn't get merged...

So the builds are failing, thus no complete .zip's are being uploaded. We'll get it fixed, thanks.

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
Anyone else getting a 404 page not found for www.carbon-rom.com? I can see the channgelog site just fine and I see a nightly was made for 4/21 but can't seem to find the download page anymore....this link is what my bookmark is set to and used to work: carbon-rom.com/downloads/?device=moto_msm8960&type=nightly&country=US

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Anyone else getting a 404 page not found for www.carbon-rom.com? I can see the channgelog site just fine and I see a nightly was made for 4/21 but can't seem to find the download page anymore....this link is what my bookmark is set to and used to work: carbon-rom.com/downloads/?device=moto_msm8960&type=nightly&country=US

Hm. Yea, something is wrong. Gerrit and Jenkins seem fine, but the main site is... gone. I will ping our site admin.

Thanks!

Edit - that wasn't too long I hope... it's fixed here - let me know!

Last edited:
Reactions: slimbrady

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
Noooooooo 5/2 nightly whyyyyyy!

OK, so, ever since i dirty flashed 5/2 nightly this morning I've lost mobile data/network service entirely. I have perfect wifi but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to restore my service! =/

Things I've tried so far:

1 -Performed advanced wipe in TWRP checking everything but ext storage. Reinstalled 5/2 with same Gapps I've been using for a week or so now. - No change in network service.
2 - Full wipe again and re-installation of 5/1 nightly w/gapps - No change in network service.
3 - Full wipe then nandroid restore from my 4/25 nandroid backup - No change in network service
4 - Verified account is in good standing with Sprint and that other phones on the account (looking at another one right now) have full reception with no apparent loss of network service (My device is the only one currently running Carbon and the only one afflicted with this issue).
5 - Tried every possible network preference selection from Global to W/CDMA and everything in-between. - No change in network service.
6 - Shook my phone a bit and gave it a stern talking to.....No change in network service.

Anyone have any ideas for a possible resolution for my network service? Thanks in advance!

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
OK, so, ever since i dirty flashed 5/2 nightly this morning I've lost mobile data/network service entirely. I have perfect wifi but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to restore my service! =/

Things I've tried so far:

1 -Performed advanced wipe in TWRP checking everything but ext storage. Reinstalled 5/2 with same Gapps I've been using for a week or so now. - No change in network service.
2 - Full wipe again and re-installation of 5/1 nightly w/gapps - No change in network service.
3 - Full wipe then nandroid restore from my 4/25 nandroid backup - No change in network service
4 - Verified account is in good standing with Sprint and that other phones on the account (looking at another one right now) have full reception with no apparent loss of network service (My device is the only one currently running Carbon and the only one afflicted with this issue).
5 - Tried every possible network preference selection from Global to W/CDMA and everything in-between. - No change in network service.
6 - Shook my phone a bit and gave it a stern talking to.....No change in network service.

Anyone have any ideas for a possible resolution for my network service? Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you wipe a partition you can't restore...

Flash back to stock with RSD Lite? Seems like you tried everything else feasible.

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
Sounds like you wipe a partition you can't restore...

Flash back to stock with RSD Lite? Seems like you tried everything else feasible.

Was afraid that might be necessary, don't think I have the stock RSD compatible file but I'll take a look....just odd, I never had this problem when performing similar wipes in the past...basically every time I've clean flashed I used this same method but, yeah, I can't think of anything else to do. Thanks anyway, hoping like hell RSD will fix the issue...i'll let you know^^

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Was afraid that might be necessary, don't think I have the stock RSD compatible file but I'll take a look....just odd, I never had this problem when performing similar wipes in the past...basically every time I've clean flashed I used this same method but, yeah, I can't think of anything else to do. Thanks anyway, hoping like hell RSD will fix the issue...i'll let you know^^

Believe i have the correct zip but I'm getting this error: "Please check if the file path is too long to create or if there is enough free disk space." when the decompression finishes in RSD Lite 6.1.5 and it attempts to begin flashing. Seems like i've fixed this before but I forgot what I did to fix it >.<

EDIT: Seems may be due to insufficient battery after a forum search on that error (should've done that first muhhh bad). Anyway, giving it a bit and i'll try again when i'ts closer to full.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Theoretically a symbolic link would work.
    But it appears that "link is not implemented" in terminal (which I don't quite understand since we have symbolic links there).

If it somehow works for you (maybe I'm missing busybox or something else?):

Delete/move your download directory in your internal_sd.
    Because there can't be a directory AND symbolic link with the same name.
    Be sure that there is a folder named "Download" (case sensitive; means not "download" but "Download") in the external_sd.

Open a terminal app and type in:
    su
    cd /sdcard
    ln -s /external_sd/Download Download

There it is. If you remove your external_sd, then the link won't work and everything that tries to save data there will probably fail.
    There hasn't been any nightly releases in the past 5 days. Is there something wrong with the server?

Well, sort of. I think the new theme engine stuff CM pushed still hasn't been fixed - one of our team members I thought fixed it, but perhaps the fixes didn't get merged...

So the builds are failing, thus no complete .zip's are being uploaded. We'll get it fixed, thanks.
    phone is not booting up after flashing CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140701-1104-moto_msm8960.

You... quoted my post which explains the issue. What's the problem?