[Q] SD Card Help Please

Search This thread

aldunn1

Nov 9, 2013
Hi just wondered if anyone has had this problem ?
Ive got 2 sd cards one is 8gb class 2 and one is 32gb class 10 and have tried using them with my xperia sp putting music and films etc on to them
after Ive put about 4gb on them my music messes up and anything I put onto cards after do not play or songs stick and plays a diff part of another song
Ive had this problem since I had sp back in November its the same when using mounting programmes to copy games to sd cards
This problem is rather starting to P me off now could ireally have have 2 dodgy cards or is it my phone itself ? :confused:
Please Please can someone offer any advise and what sd cards you are using that are working flawlessly
Thank You

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
Hi just wondered if anyone has had this problem ?
Ive got 2 sd cards one is 8gb class 2 and one is 32gb class 10 and have tried using them with my xperia sp putting music and films etc on to them
after Ive put about 4gb on them my music messes up and anything I put onto cards after do not play or songs stick and plays a diff part of another song
Ive had this problem since I had sp back in November its the same when using mounting programmes to copy games to sd cards
This problem is rather starting to P me off now could ireally have have 2 dodgy cards or is it my phone itself ? :confused:
Please Please can someone offer any advise and what sd cards you are using that are working flawlessly
Thank You

Have you tried formatting the SD card (FAT32)? I too have a 32GB class 10 with 27+GB of music, but I have no problem with the files.

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Put the SDcard in your phone and select in settings > Storage > Wipe External SD.
Connect it to your computer again. Put music on it and try again. If it still deletes you need to run a HD check on your SD. Could be that the I/O is defective.
Also; put questions next time in the correct place ;)

zolaisugly

Mar 2, 2011
Huawei Mate 20 X
Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
Not had the same issue but something very similar.

I had 2 sdcards both by sandisk one a class 10 32gig the other a 32 gig class 4.

When using folder mount app to mount games obb files after maybe 2-3wks they both started to play up not being recognised by phone but working on computer.

Got a TDK 16g class 4 BUT not using folder mount... the card is running happy with it and used for movies and music.

It seems maybe that folder mount in my case was causing the probs with the script it ran and led it to causing the cards to fail.

If you have used folder mount would suggest to stop and get another card.

I don't have any suggestions in how to solve your problem but only another option based on my findings.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk